I read many reviews on this hotel and was nervous about the trip, let me say this....Go! No, it is not brand spanking new, but it is well kept. We stayed in the Marina, it was not loud, and the view (and ours was only a partial ocean view) was beautiful. Again the room was not brand new, but it was new enough, and well kept. Were there a few places that could have used some touch up paint, yes, but nothing to be upset about. And, as a few other posts have mentioned, don't expect a New York City $550/night experience for $200-$300/night, and if you are going during school break, well......... then yes, it's going to be packed!
The only thing that I didn't like was that the casino is gone, and there is nothing to do at night, if you are young and and want to party when the sun goes down, this is not the place for you.
The private Island was wonderful, it made us wish we had our kids with us, but they are in their 20's. It is GREAT for families, but even just my hubby and I (just turning 50) loved it. The pools were nice too, but with that beach, the pool wasn't of much interest to us. The water parked looked really nice too, but without kids we just didn't go.
The restaurants were expensive, and the food only ok. Rent a car ( we got one on priceline for cheap, and that alone was less then the cost of transp. back and forth to the airport) , plus you could travel a bit. We did travel out to El Passion, and it was very good. Save some money on breakfast, and snacks by stopping at the grocery store, or Walmart on your way in (don't wait until after you check in bc you are not going to want to carry grocery bags and a case of water bottles back with out the help of the valet. Trust me on this)
We had a great time. if you are a family with kids, or a couple just looking to relax, this is a great place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning oceanfront resort perched atop a cliff, overlooking Caribbean Sea on one side & Atlantic Ocean on the other. Check out the dramatic views, the private island, relaxing spa golf course or the water park - it's all part of this Caribbean paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Conquistador Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- El Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo