“I will go back again for sure.” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Located at the seaside La Marina Village on the grounds of El Conquistador Resort, Stingray Cafe is open Monday - Sunday for dinner. Enjoy breathtaking views of the ocean and Palomino Island as you dine on award-winning fare. Chef Dayn Smith presents his creative, Caribbean-infused seafood cuisine in a variety of menu items. Sample the homemade tropical fruit sorbets. Reservations are recommended.
Baltimore, Maryland
“I will go back again for sure.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I went here with my 7yr old daughter and was worried that it would be to stuffy for her, but I was impressed they had a kids menu. We had a very nice meal - she had pasta, I had lobster. The pasta was ok, not amazing, but it's the kids menu and kids don't care anyway. The lobster was out of this world. I wish I would have gone back again and got it another night. The only downfall to the meal was dessert - we ordered the chocolate souffle. Of course, these are made to order so the wait is long. The waitress came out and said the first one got messed up, they would make a second one, but it would be at least another 10 minutes and we would not be charged for it. I said ok. I kept my kid contained, but the souffle was not worth the wait. Further, of course we were charged for it. I'm not the type to haggle over something like that. At those prices, I would expect the staff to double check the bill to make sure it's not on there. It's not the worst thing in the world,. but it dropped it from excellent to very good in my book. The staff was very nice. The place was clean. Tables are CLOSE. So, if you want privacy, this might not be it for you. We could hear everything our neighbors were saying and at one point they just started talking to my daughter because it's almost like you are at the same table. We're on vacation, so I don't care. I think it's nice to meet people and put the cell phones and crap away and meet a stranger face to face, but not everyone feels that way so keep the proximity thing in mind. Overall, I thought it was worth almost every penny.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Enjoyed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Service was a little slow but we had a large party.
The Food was good, not great. The atmosphere is very nice but it's a long way from the Casitas.

Ponte Vedra Beach Florida
“An Amazing Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

The restaurant is quiet, contemporary and incredibly good. May be the best food I have ever eaten. Special requests handled with cheerfulness and food that was interesting yet not strange. Perfectly prepared, well seasoned and professional friendly service. Our server (sorry name forgotten, blond "O" name") made great suggestions and provided first class service.

What a treat!

New York City, New York
“food and service were exceptional.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The waitress's knowledge of wine and the menu was the tip off, this was going to be a great meal. It was. there were 4 adults and 3 Kids, This was everyones favorite place.

Atlanta
“Great dinner at the El Conquistador!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Beautiful evening at the resort and awesome dinner at the Stingray Cafe. The shrimp appetizer was one of the best and everything else was delicious. We highly recommend this restaurant.