“Best Cocktails, Meals, and Vibe of Our Trip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Estacion

La Estacion
Sate Road 987, km4-- Las Croabas | just past entrance to Hotel El Conquistador, Fajardo 00738, Puerto Rico
787-863-4481
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 67 restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Barbecue, Caribbean, Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Kitchen open Fri-Tues 5pm-10:30pm. Restaurant closed on Wednesdays. Contemporary Puerto Rican and BBQ fare all cooked over natural charcoal on an outdoor grill. Ingredients locally grown or caught. Outdoor seating but indoor dining room available during inclement weather.
NYC
“Best Cocktails, Meals, and Vibe of Our Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

La Estacion was our favorite night out in Fajardo: delicious, authentic, fun, reasonably priced, and comparatively vegetarian-friendly (though I hope they add a few more single-sized vegetarian dishes).

La Estacion is similar to Trailer Park in NYC, but with far better food. The decor is kitch and cozy. Diners were dressed in casual and clubbing attire alike, so anything goes.

The cocktails... wow! My boyfriend had a Mojito and I a Cocotazo with rum. Both were fresh, dynamic, and pretty strong. My boyfriend had the catch of the day for 1, which was far too large a portion for him but he said it was one of the best fish dishes he's ever had. I'm a vegetarian, and I enjoyed plain mofongo and a papaya salad, which was a lot for one person but delicious and refreshing.

The service was super-friendly: attentive but not overbearing. We highly recommend La Estacion!

Visited September 2013

91% Recommend
Stuart, Florida
“Why didn't we go here day one?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at La Conquistador resort, whose gates are less that 1/4 mile away. We usually try to eat "off the reservation" as much as possible to get local food, but with baby in tow we were hesitant. Our last evening was the exploration evening and we decided on La Estacion.

They were incredibly accommodating to us. We got a nice table inside with space for our little girl and her car seat. The rain kept us from taking a table outside.

The drink selection included microbrews from San Juan, something not seen inside our mega resort. My wife and I each had mofongo. My wife had the skirt steak, which she said was so well made. I had the mahi-mahi and shrimp mofongo. Both were done in nice wooden bowls with the meat/ fish and mofongo mixed together. I've had mofongo several times and this was so far the best I have had. For desert we had a flan with candied papaya.

All in all, the best meal of the trip and had we eaten here day one we probably would have come back.

• Visited September 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“A-mazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The food, service, and ambiance were all truly amazing! You must try the mofonga in Puerto Rico! My husband got the Red Snapper which had just been caught an hour beforehand. Everything was very fresh and local. It was pricier than I was expecting but it was worth it for a special vacation. This was a great stop right before our kayaking tour of Bio Bay--just a mile down the road.

Visited August 2013
Tampa
“Awesome Ambiance and Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Nestled off the road, we stopped here on the way to the bio-luminescent bay and I'm so glad we did. Mofongo and ribs are all amazing!

• Visited September 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“One of the BEST meals I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This place is truly something special...My wife and I were on our honeymoon staying at Las Casitas Village nearby and I had read about this place right here on TripAdvisor. Well, it more than exceeded our expectations to say the least! It was a rainy late Saturday afternoon, so we chose to eat inside...and as the name suggests, it's actually an old gas station they converted to a small restaurant.

First off, let me echo what the other reviewers have already gushed over: the food is FRESH! I saw them bring about three live lobsters for the table near us to select from. For the appetizer, we went with a mixture of onion rings, fried okra and something else that escapes me at the moment and that was quite tasty, but nothing could prepare me for the entrée I was about to have: Mofongo Tiburon (Shark Mofongo)...Now, my wife is Dominican so I've had Mofongo before, and we just had an AMAZING Churrasco Mofongo in Old San Juan a few days prior at "El Patio de Sam" (Check it out if you get a chance)...but THIS Mofongo went above and beyond; the presentation was excellent (unlike El Patio, they serve it in the wooden bowl they make it in), and the flavors came together in a way that's just indescribable...seriously one of the best things I've ever eaten in my life; I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! Then the icing on the cake: The desert was this warm banana turnover with Vanilla icecream...heavenly doesn't do it justice...we had planned to go to the bio-luminescent bay next, but the wife and I decided to just go back to the room and crash after all that amazing food!

Look, If for whatever reason you find yourself in Fajardo, don't walk, RUN to La Estacion and get the Shark Mofongo, you won't regret it!!!

• Visited August 2013