“Amazing, Amazing, Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Estacion

La Estacion
Sate Road 987, km4-- Las Croabas | just past entrance to Hotel El Conquistador, Fajardo 00738, Puerto Rico
787-863-4481
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 69 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Barbecue, Caribbean, Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Kitchen open Fri-Tues 5pm-10:30pm. Restaurant closed on Wednesdays. Contemporary Puerto Rican and BBQ fare all cooked over natural charcoal on an outdoor grill. Ingredients locally grown or caught. Outdoor seating but indoor dining room available during inclement weather.
Potomac, Maryland
“Amazing, Amazing, Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Last year we visited this restaurant 3 times and this year on our stay we visited 3 times as well. We had our Thanksgiving meal here and I have to say, this surpassed our expectations and was better than my mom's! This time we tried the following and loved all: Sangria, Veggie Platter, Chicken pinchos, Chicken Mufungo, Portk Medallions.....everything is fresh and made homemade. We have gotten to know the owner over the past 2 years and he is a food rock star....he needs to be featured on the Food Network!!!

Pensacola, Florida
“Best food in Fajardo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed at the Villas at the Waldorf , didn't like the expensive, bland food there, somebody told us in our last night of this place. Very close to the Conquistador , everybody very nice and accommodating . The food was the best I had in the whole island, I had the pinchos of pork as appetizer and my daughter had the Nathan Nyrican hot dog, and they were great. I had the lobster mofongo, my husband had the mix grill, skirt steak and chicken and was awesome. The flan was great and most of everything was the service, we are coming back,

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Las Piedras, Puerto Rico
“Mmmmm really good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I liked the atmosphere, the quality and good taste and presentation of the food. They are very attentive

Bouncing Around
“Surprisingly excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had this place recommended by a couple others we're travelling with, and we were glad to have gone out of our way for the dinner. Everything was locally sourced, superbly fresh, and the chef was working magic in the kitchen. If they've got a full daily fish special, go for that over the fillets... the ribs were amazing as well (locally smoked/broiled there). Everything was fresh, fresh, fresh and tasty - don't miss out!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Falls Church, Virginia
“Good stuff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I ate there last week while staying at the nearby Fajardo Inn. The service was very good and the price was on par with everything else we experienced while on the island. I am vegan and they had a vegetarian plate where they assure right on the menu that the rice and beans are indeed vegetarian. The salad (I think it was with papaya) was SO delicious, as were the plantains. Cute outdoor atmosphere, although some of the lights on the patio could stand to be switched to a "soft" light because they were a bit harsh. Just look for the restaurant with cars packing the parking spaces in front of it! (We had to park in front of another (closed) store down the street!)