“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were on the Allure of the Seas the week of 7/14/13 and stopped at Falmouth. I had read a review that said to stay on the ship and it was good advice. Most of the excursions were the same as those for Ocho Rios (Dunns River Falls). RCL rebuilt the port for its ships. Typical shopping stalls. Once we stepped outside, we were swarmed by people. We headed back to the ship and enjoyed the day at the pool while most people were off the ship.

Visited July 2013

West Palm Beach, Florida
13 attraction reviews
“Stay on the ship or cab to Montego Bay, Falmouth is not a city to spend time in.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We are frequent cruisers and now really only cruise on the Allure or the Oasis out of Ft.Lauderdale so we have traveled to all the stops in the Western and Eastern Caribbean numerous times. This is one of those stops that has been built just for the cruise ship and isn't a city you want to spend time in. You exit the ship into the terminal area where all the street vendors and peddlers are, it has been set up and built just for the cruise ships so its safe. Once to leave that are the city of Falmouth is very ghetto, I wouldn't consider it safe and there isn't really anything to see there. If this is a cruise stop for you I would get off buy some trinkets if that is your thing and then get back on the ship and relax or take a cab to Montego Bay or somewhere worth seeing in Jamaica.

Visited February 2013
Jamestown, Tennessee
19 attraction reviews
“tubing rio bueno”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Took about a 30 min ride on an air conditioned tour van, allowing a glimpse of "real" Jamaica. Went to an unmarked starting point where we signed releases, donned life jackets and helmets then rafters, guides and tubers crossed a rickety bridge and hiked about 7-8 minutes, carrying our tubes to a starting point. Our guide swam along side us on a boogy board, guiding us so we avoided rafters, rocks, and shore. At one point, a rope swing was made available, to which we passed on(river was a bit too chilly for our liking) then, before river meets caribbean, we get out of our tubes and stand in the river until everyone catches up to us. At this time we wait for a motor boat to come and we all pile into the rafts that were used (which are now tied together for a tow). Two neighborhood children jump into the river to deflate the tubes while we are all towed into the ocean to the shore where "beach time" was available as well as snacks (for a fee), showers, restrooms and souveniers. It all seemed very primitive, yet I did not feel unsafe at all. After tubing, would have rather just been driven back to pier (as did most people it seemed). But overall, an enjoyable excursion.

Visited June 2013
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
“Patrice Bailey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Awesome gal, great tour guide. Cant say enough about her. She's exactly who you want, when you want her and she makes it a point to take care of each person in the group. She has many surprises and makes Jamaica soooo worth visiting again!

Visited May 2013
5 attraction reviews
“Patrice Bailey from Patmar Tours - Amazing Tour - Fantastic Lady”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

If you want an amazing tour with an amazing guide while in Jamaica, you have to spend some time with Patrice Bailey of Patmar Tours. With an upcoming trip to Jamaica with best friends on the horizon, one of my friends did some research into hiring a private driver from the airport to the resort rather than taking the normal bus. During her research, she started to notice a number of references regarding an amazing driver named Patrice, who was praised for her passionate devotion to making sure her clients received the best care whilst in her charge. My friend and her husband booked with Patrice and quickly found that she was everything the earlier reviews said about her, and more. In that 30 minute ride from the airport to the resort, they knew without doubt that Patrice was the perfect driver for the 4 of us on our upcoming shopping trip/tour of Montego Bay/Falmouth and rafting along the Martha Brae later in the week. After discussing the idea with us, we booked with Patrice.

Patrice picked us up on time, met us with a smile, and was full of energy to show off her beloved country to people who were eager to experience it. She had Red Stripe, soda, and water in the car ready for us. She took us to the Martha Brae river rafting facility, pointing out all along the way, the history and points of interest. When we got to the facility, she took the lead, talking to the managers there telling them that we were VIPs and wanted to make sure that we received the best in service from them. She even went as far to personally talk to the raft captains, to ensure a pleasant trip.

She took us shopping and suggested several areas where we could receive the best merchandise as well as the best price. In each store, she took the lead to bargain with the merchants to get us a better price than even we had negotiated. Statements like, "Oh you can do better than that," or "No mon, I need your best price" were the norm. It didn't matter if it was a shopping area she picked or we picked, she was the same.

Since it was also my birthday, Patrice was working to help me find something that would wow me and make my day special. By the end of shopping, I still hadn't found that special gift for myself. During a rum tasting, Patrice suggested that I try a 25 yr old rum which was indeed one of the smoothest rums I have ever tasted. However, I was in no mood to pay the $60 for it. I'm just not that big a rum drinker. And with that, we went on to the next place. Every now and then, Patrice would ask me, "so you found anything to wow you yet?"

When it was time for lunch, the restaurant we picked out was quite crowded. Patrice said, "Wait here," and went in to talk to a restaurant manager. She soon returned and walked us to a table, ahead of everyone else. She then took our orders and went to the kitchen, a little while later, she returned with the food.

Patrice then took is on a tour of the Falmouth and Montego Bay ares, with stops at the White Witch Golf Club - a former plantation with breathtaking views, famous celebrity homes, tours of some upscale working class neighborhoods (an interesting contrast to the unfortunate neighborhoods with shacks you normally see along the roads), a trip to the former Dewers mansion which sits on a hill overlooking Montego Bay with a panoramic view of the city, and then drove some of of the crowded streets of Mongeo Bay. Everywhere we went, everyone seemed to know Patrice; managers, shop owners, people along the streets - everyone knows Patrice.

She watched over us like a mother hen, keeping an eye on us even when we split up and wandered off. For dinner, Patrice suggested, Chill-Out, a restaurant with great food, ambiance, and timed just right, a beautiful sunset. We ate dinner on the beach and never thought for a minute not to include Patrice. She had become a beloved member of our little group. Dinner was phenomenal, and the company spectacular. We, and Patrice, shared stories about one another and our previous trips to Jamaica. Toward the end of dinner, the waitstaff came to the table singing happy birthday to me and in their hands, they held the $60 bottle of rum Patrice had purchased for me as a gift. I was truly wowed by her compassion for her customer and her generosity.

Patrice was more than our driver. She was representative of all that's great about the Jamaican people. She is driven by a passion to deliver excellent customer service and provide an extraordinary experience to her clients. Patrice will drive all across Jamaica to meet her clients and usually has a waiting list of people who will only ride with Patrice. We now count ourselves in that group. Contact Patrice at 876-612-0120 or patbailey52@yahoo.com

Visited April 2013