“Time N' Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Time N' Place

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Falmouth
Time N' Place
Save Saved
You added Time N' Place to your Saves list
Near Falmouth, Falmouth, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Falmouth
“Time N' Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

We spent two sleepy, blissful, relaxing days at this off-beat small hotel in Falmouth, Jamaica (half hour east of MoBay). We loved our time there and the intimate feel of the place- there are only 3 wood cottages, so there were only six of us there at the time. The cottages are comfortable and clean and funkier than a boring hotel room, but they are not right on the water if that matters. You walk out the door of your cottage and in five paces your on the beach though. The small staff is great and friendly and the owner Tony takes time to hang out and get to know you if you want. The food was reasonable and decent and the drinks were always cold and good. If you're looking for a big touristy party place, this is not for you. If you are looking for a mellow taste of Jamaican comfort without the gloss of the big resorts, this is the place. The only bummer is that they just built a huge all-inclusive right next door, which takes away a bit of the secluded feel that it used to have (from what I read). Nearby is the Luminous Lagoon, which is really cool. Also don't expect the fanciest treatment in the world or everything to be right there when you need it- this place is real laid back Jamaica. We would definitely return and genuinely loved Time N Place.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Warren, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I looked over your website and read the reviews, I didn't expect much. It is definitely rustic! Could use a little TLC, was grassy in the water, bathroom was gross, chairs were scarce and broken. Taxi driver said it's not like the pictures on the internet, he was right.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
United, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

If your looking for a rustic..laid-back real Jamaican type place...this is it. I was picked up at the airport by Tony's driver Marvel..who is very nice. He stopped at a store for me on the way to Time n Place so I could get a few Red Stripes for the ride and some smokes and water...which I appreciated very much. Tony..who runs Time n Place greeting me upon arrival and was very accommodating my entire 8 night stay there. He loves to sit and chat w his customers. I stayed in one of the larger cottages right on the beach..which I absolutely loved. The queen sized bed has mosquito netting and there was a twin bed in the room also. There was a fan in the room as there is no A/C and a wonderful breeze came in the windows 24/7. The room was a bit rustic...plywood floor and walls...but was clean and comfortable. There was a bathroom w a tub/shower, sink and toilet. The staff there was very friendly and accommodating. The food was very good...my favorite was the "Coconut Shrimp" but they also had Jerk Chicken and Escovich fish available daily. All the meals come w Rice and Beans and a Salad. The bar was well stocked w many variety of beers...local...Red Stripe..and many imports as well. Mix drinks were available also as well as wine..soda or water. There are day trips available at a cost w Marvel...the driver. The beach area there is very nice and very quiet. Swimming there was very nice also...just stay away from the areas in the water w the sea-grass...stick to the areas w the sand on the Sea floor. If you are a 4-5 star type traveler...I would not recommend this place as it is rustic and for the person looking for a laid-back..rustic Jamaican experience w/o the resort setting. I had a awesome week there and definitely recommend staying there :)

Room Tip: Cottages #1-4 are on ground level...rustic but clean and comfortable..a bathroom in each w hot/cold...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Fryeburg, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I spent a few nights in the Tree House at Time N' Place in January of 2013 while in Jamaica for Rebel Salute. Tony made me feel at home and I loved his cooking! The beach is one of the most beautiful on the island. I am an artist and was inspired to paint and draw while enjoying the ocean breezes and warm sunshine. The home cooked breakfast and lobster dinners were amazing. I met several other very cool travelers while staying there. I would love to go back to Time N' Place!

Room Tip: This is a laid back, out of the way spot, with amazing beachfront cabins and HOT water!! I didn'...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Eugene, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Oh, oy, this is my kind of place.

So authentically Jamaican, nearly deserted, run-down (to the point of decrepit) with a beautiful beach and a bar.

What more could I want?

I could seriously spend a good week or more here, on a hammock, walking around, enjoying a drink and some food. This is my idea of relaxation.

Unfortunately, the husband's not so into rustic. But I can drift away on the thoughts of Time N' Place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Tony, nephew Wayne, and the rest of the staff at Time N' Place were absolutely accommodating and friendly.

Tony taught us how to play dominoes (but never beat him) and bent over backwards to help us organize an airport drop-off and pick-up. He eagerly shared his stories and kept us entertained.

We loved the rustic nature of the property and the fabulously beautiful beach. Tony and Wayne prepared tasty meals at a steal of a price. I cannot stress how much we loved staying here.

We were here for almost a week and I thought I could stay a month longer. It was so easy to shed our North American skin and just live a relaxed Jamaican existence.

Thanks all for making us love Time N' Place.

Room Tip: We LOVED the Birds Nest
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dunedin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Great beach, like a step through the time machine 40 years. No crowd, beautiful views, nice reef area a bit of a swim off shore. Refreshments for purchase. As long as it does not change much, I will always visit this place when my cruise ship stops in Falmouth. Hi Tony & Harvel. I do not stay in a room here, I just purchase beach access and refreshment while in town on a cruise.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Time N' Place? Share your experiences!