“A great week at Time n Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Time N' Place

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Falmouth
Time N' Place
You added Time N' Place to your Saves list
Near Falmouth, Falmouth, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Falmouth
United, Pennsylvania
“A great week at Time n Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

If your looking for a rustic..laid-back real Jamaican type place...this is it. I was picked up at the airport by Tony's driver Marvel..who is very nice. He stopped at a store for me on the way to Time n Place so I could get a few Red Stripes for the ride and some smokes and water...which I appreciated very much. Tony..who runs Time n Place greeting me upon arrival and was very accommodating my entire 8 night stay there. He loves to sit and chat w his customers. I stayed in one of the larger cottages right on the beach..which I absolutely loved. The queen sized bed has mosquito netting and there was a twin bed in the room also. There was a fan in the room as there is no A/C and a wonderful breeze came in the windows 24/7. The room was a bit rustic...plywood floor and walls...but was clean and comfortable. There was a bathroom w a tub/shower, sink and toilet. The staff there was very friendly and accommodating. The food was very good...my favorite was the "Coconut Shrimp" but they also had Jerk Chicken and Escovich fish available daily. All the meals come w Rice and Beans and a Salad. The bar was well stocked w many variety of beers...local...Red Stripe..and many imports as well. Mix drinks were available also as well as wine..soda or water. There are day trips available at a cost w Marvel...the driver. The beach area there is very nice and very quiet. Swimming there was very nice also...just stay away from the areas in the water w the sea-grass...stick to the areas w the sand on the Sea floor. If you are a 4-5 star type traveler...I would not recommend this place as it is rustic and for the person looking for a laid-back..rustic Jamaican experience w/o the resort setting. I had a awesome week there and definitely recommend staying there :)

Room Tip: Cottages #1-4 are on ground level...rustic but clean and comfortable..a bathroom in each w hot/cold...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fryeburg, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I spent a few nights in the Tree House at Time N' Place in January of 2013 while in Jamaica for Rebel Salute. Tony made me feel at home and I loved his cooking! The beach is one of the most beautiful on the island. I am an artist and was inspired to paint and draw while enjoying the ocean breezes and warm sunshine. The home cooked breakfast and lobster dinners were amazing. I met several other very cool travelers while staying there. I would love to go back to Time N' Place!

Room Tip: This is a laid back, out of the way spot, with amazing beachfront cabins and HOT water!! I didn'...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Eugene, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Oh, oy, this is my kind of place.

So authentically Jamaican, nearly deserted, run-down (to the point of decrepit) with a beautiful beach and a bar.

What more could I want?

I could seriously spend a good week or more here, on a hammock, walking around, enjoying a drink and some food. This is my idea of relaxation.

Unfortunately, the husband's not so into rustic. But I can drift away on the thoughts of Time N' Place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Tony, nephew Wayne, and the rest of the staff at Time N' Place were absolutely accommodating and friendly.

Tony taught us how to play dominoes (but never beat him) and bent over backwards to help us organize an airport drop-off and pick-up. He eagerly shared his stories and kept us entertained.

We loved the rustic nature of the property and the fabulously beautiful beach. Tony and Wayne prepared tasty meals at a steal of a price. I cannot stress how much we loved staying here.

We were here for almost a week and I thought I could stay a month longer. It was so easy to shed our North American skin and just live a relaxed Jamaican existence.

Thanks all for making us love Time N' Place.

Room Tip: We LOVED the Birds Nest
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dunedin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Great beach, like a step through the time machine 40 years. No crowd, beautiful views, nice reef area a bit of a swim off shore. Refreshments for purchase. As long as it does not change much, I will always visit this place when my cruise ship stops in Falmouth. Hi Tony & Harvel. I do not stay in a room here, I just purchase beach access and refreshment while in town on a cruise.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

This was our favorite place of the three different hotels/guesthouses we stayed at during our two week on Jamaica. It is a bit run down but the ambiance is amazing. Good food and great drinks - but be were the creeper is deadly... At the bar you can always find Tony or Harvel and they always seems to have time to chat with their guests, they were so much fun to hang out with. One thing we really appreciated was when we told Harvel that we really loved the jerk sauce and he mentioned that the factory was nearby and later took us there after one of our excursions.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

My fiancée and I more than agree with the positive consensus.

We actually find it a little bit of a shame there are so great a number of enthusiastically positive reviews for Time 'n' Place. This TripAdvisor account was made to fulfil a promise to ourselves to rave about this Jamaican Paradise, but so much we want to say has already been said. With my fellow enthusiasts - Paradise takes on a different meaning here than elsewhere on the island. It is a culmination of not only Jamaica's most wonderful natural assets - pristine waters, beautiful beaches, breathtaking sunrises and sunsets - but of enjoying the rough-hewn products of Tony's own labor, his wonderful network of friends in the area, and the ease with which you can sublime into this mixture.

A selection of memorable details from our stay there:
-The Love Nest: This is where my fiancée (then girlfriend, wife in two days!) and I stayed. All of the hand-built lodgings are within about 10 seconds walking distance to the ocean, but I can't see how any of the other rooms could be better than this - perhaps 3-4 meters from the ocean's edge at highest tide. The tingling sensation on your skin might be from the breathtaking view of the ocean or its cooling breeze.
-The ocean flora and fauna: The water is still in places along the shore. Walk west and there are easier places to get out and explore the intermittent coral with snorkel, mask and fins. "All the way" to the next cove (not at all far) has even easier access. Our favorite creature in Jamaica was an indescribably beautiful, multihued green leaf-fish. That's neither the common nor the scientific name, I fear, so you'll have to look for yourself ;) Though the urchin population was thin enough to easily avoid for my still-unpenetrated urchin-virgin other half, you may want to wear tough soled diving shoes.
-The food: others mention amazing lobster. We ate only vegetarian meals whilst there, and it too was amazing. The cook, guide, friend of Tony, and local personality, HG, prepared all of our meals there at a moment's notice while somehow still seeming to maintain an air of contagious tranquility surely requiring pharmaceuticals in lesser beings.
-While we're on HG, ask about the cave if you're not claustrophobic. It is beautiful, if it is accessible at the time. Splash the water to quickly dissolve the calcium precipitate which forms a layer on local cave waters, and you'll find water whose clarity wows. Swim in it!
-Ask Tony or HG about their bioluminescent lagoon ["da glistenin' wata"] options. They are less than the "professional" tour operators and much, much more personal. My fiancée and I were alone on the boat with the Captain and his brother/apprentice. Amazing. Oh, and: swim in it!
-All the staff, as well as their own friends who come to enjoy the wonderful location, are friendly, accommodating, and not at all pushy. If you came to Jamaica through Montego Bay airport and had the pleasure of walking through crowds of people I truly believe would throw their grandmother in front of your taxi to force you into buying their wares, think of the absolute opposite of that "Jamaica experience". You'll only find genuinely good people and a genuinely good experience, at your Time 'N' Place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Time N' Place? Share your experiences!