“relaxing and great food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Time N' Place

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Falmouth
Time N' Place
Near Falmouth, Falmouth, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Falmouth
Chicago, Illinois
“relaxing and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We just returned from a cruise and spent a day at Time and Place, it was great. We were the only ones there of the 3000+ guests on the boat. I reserved a ride on the website in advance and we were met promptly in Falmouth at the Scotia Bank and brought to the beach (about 15 minutes or less away). Harvel was our driver and we arranged a return time with him when he dropped us off at 10:30. I could not believe how quickly 3pm arrived! We spent all day at the beach and had jerk chicken lunches, which were great. The kids used the kayak and explored the beaches. The water was crystal clear and the beer was cold, this was the most relaxing of my three excursions. Tony and the staff were great and very accomodating. If you want a relaxed location that encompasses the true Jamaican spirit, I recommend Time and Place for a great cruise ship excursion.

Room Tip: there are two rooms (one room elevated cottages) on the beach, but we were only there for a day.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We were desperate to find something great to do in Falmouth on our one day cruise stop and after much discussion and debate on options decided this would be our best option. We took a cab from inside the Cruise Terminal as it all looked a bit manic outside, the taxi's do not want to take you as its only a few minutes up the road and I think they get some commissions from the other beaches so will try and persuade you to go elsewhere, however this very lovely taxi driver lady agreed to run us up there, it was $20 and we arrived safely to find the most wonderful virtually deserted beach with wooden loungers and chairs placed under an awning in front of the bar and "restaurant" - the only surprise were a naked couple who had "escaped" from the nudist beach next door for a stroll, thinking it was too early for the typical residents of Time n Place to be up!! Suffice to say we saw them no more on our beach but did wander into their beach to see how it compared!! A few other folks arrived from a second cruise ship who were really friendly and in all there were less then 10 of us on the beach that day. Time n Place do simple lunches and we had Jerk Chicken with rice and beans and a few beers and later we shared a cab back to the cruise terminal with another couple who had arranged for a cab to come pick them up.
I can recommend this place if you want to just seriously chill out for the day or half day, only things to consider is the water was cold, there is no marine life close by for snorkeling although you may see something a bit further out on a jetty and you have to be careful as there are areas of seaweed and an abundance of sea urchins to spike your feet, but as the water is so incredibly clear you can spot them!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Boone, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Perfect way to spend you cruise stop in Falmouth!! All the other excursions were too expensive and too far away. If you want a real authentic Jamaican experience this is the place to go. Only takes about 20 minutes to get there. Harvel, our driver, was right on time to pick us up and was so friendly! Be sure to visit their website to reserve a day and transportation.

Food & Drinks: One order or jerk chicken was enough for my husband and me to share. Cost was $9 if I remember correctly. Worth it!! A beer is about $3 and sodas $2 if I remember correctly. Small price to pay for jerk chicken and a Red Stripe on the beach in Jamaica!!

The Property: Bring your towels and anything else you could possibly need. There are some wooden beach chairs, not the most comfortable things in the world, but that's what laying your towel on the sand is for! There are a few dogs that laze about the beach, but they're super sweet. Just be ready to either share your chair with them or make them move. They just want some lovin! And no, we did not get fleas from them.

Will we return if visiting Falmouth?? ABSOLUTELY!!! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I visited Time and Place as a result of me reading the other reviews on TripAdvisor. I would say that all the reviews were spot on - both negative and positive. It all depends on what your looking for. If you want a quiet and secluded space, with a bar that can get you cold drinks and nice food, then you'll love this place. If you want a huge bar with loud music and a 5 page menu, then this is not the place for you. If you eat and drink there, they do not charge you, but if you plan on just hanging out, they will ask for some money. After all they have to pay their employees.

We had a bit of an issue getting to the location as our ride didn't show up, but that's okay. Turns out the van broke down the day before and they had not gotten the chance to refund my money or let me know (not that I would have found out via email). Tony paid me back my money out of his own pocket and then called a friend to give us a ride back ("just give him what you want", he said).

I can't speak to the housing at all as we were just there for about 5 hours for a cruise stop. There is the nudist resort next store that provided some less than stellar scenery when they walked by, but no big deal there.

The water was clear, the sand smooth and the beer cold (and half the price i paid in Cayman the day before!), so all was right in my world. Tony the owner seems to make sure to meet everyone who walks in. He reuses a lot of used materials for his property. I can appreciate the conservation and creativity of that.

Tony, if you're reading this, I'm the fellow you spoke to about the webcams. Take care

Gene & Shannon (Chicago)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Came back from Jamaica only yesterday and would immediately return. Time n' place was one of the places where we stayed. A bit costy but Tony and all his crew were the best!! Very friendly and helpful!! Would definitely recommend :)

Room Tip: I guess the cottages are all the same - net against mosquitos (which are omnipresent), simple toilet...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Went to timenplace for 2 nights didn't want to get back on that plane today:( we stayed in the "love nest" which was recently built and we loved it !!!! Love nest is facing the ocean ,it has a porch that you can chill out on you can leave the doors no one is going to rob you! You can look at the ocean and at night hear the waves . We had the jerk chicken and lobster for lunch and dinner twice ;) delicious!!!, If you have the time to go this place is a must see and do! If you can't stay the night go for a drink and see for self, also the cruise ships that port in Falmouth can easily take a 10 min. Cab ride and hang out until the ship is ready to leave ****** tons of beach , alcohol and food**** if you have the opportunity to meet Tony,(owner) Highgrade( Dale) and Harvel you won't be disappointed they are the amazing people that run the Timenplace! We will return and request the love nest again.... This is not an all inclusive resort this is an off the beaten path sort of place ,a real gem that has not been discovered by many yet! Maybe to some like myself the REAL JAMAICA! I stumbled across it when I looked up eco friendly stay in jamaica

Room Tip: #Peaceful #quiet #safe #Oceanside # white sand # huts# palmtrees# hammocks# sunshine#
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I just came back from a recent visit to Time N' Place for the day and it was great!

If you want to experience the real Jamaica beach for a day come to this place! I read the reviews and definitely wanted to experience this at my day in port in Falmouth, Jamaica while on a RCI cruise and I was happy I did.

Once we walked outside the gates of the port, we found a cab that would take 5 people people for $5 each to the beach (you'll have to haggle for this price though - beware). Once we got to the beach we were the only ones there! This place has something for beach goers and general relaxers in general so encourage all members of your party to go!

We got drinks at the bar, sat under the tin roof during the rain, and cuddled with curly tail (Tony's dog) in the sun. Don't worry about catching a cab back either! Tony will call you one or in our case the cab driver came back a few hours later to see if we wanted to hitch a ride back with him.

This place is definitely rustic though - so if you are expecting the luxuries of an all inclusive resort don't go to Time N' Place!

The beach is a bit seaweedy but Tony and his gang were raking it up when we got there.

UNFORTUNATELY Tony told me that his lease is up next month (Feb 2013) and that he will have to leave the property. Apparently the owners are planning on knocking it all down and selling the property, so who knows what will happen.

Don't worry though - Tony plans on building a new place some where on the river!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Time N' Place? Share your experiences!