“An interesting tour of the town” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 21 Activities in Falmouth
Type: Walking tours, Sightseeing Tours
toronto
3 attraction reviews
“An interesting tour of the town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2015

On a recent cruise I signed up for the Falmouth Heritage Walking Tour together with my husband and three children 19, 17 and 13. It was a group of only about 12 people enabling us hear the guide clearly and keep together as we strolled the streets of Falmouth. We also had a second guide who followed behind to keep us together. Both women were friendly and were from the community which gave us a true inside look at life in Jamaica. We walked for more than two hours, but stopped frequently and were given a bottle of cold water. The homes are quaint and beautiful to see. We felt very safe with our guides and we were not approached by any sales people, unlike later in the day when my husband and I ventured off on our own. As a teacher, I appreciated the visit to the school (by the sea!) Plenty of historical information that I feel is an important addition to a vacation. We book active "sports" excursions for the family and it is worthwhile to add in an educational tour along the way!

Visited December 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Falmouth Heritage Walks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014

We had the most enjoyable tour around Falmouth with Crystal one of the Heritage Walks guides. She was very knowledgeable and a delightful personality. The organisation of the Heritage Walks was superb - everything just as they said it would be - on the dock to meet us in nice uniforms with clear signs. I would definitely recommend them for a very inexpensive ($25 per person) tour of Falmouth which is a very historic town. They are 5 stars!!

Visited November 2014
Marina D, Owner at Falmouth Heritage Walks, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
It is always wonderful to see our tour guides recognized for the good work that they do. Krystal was thrilled to get the feedback and enjoyed giving the tour to history enthusiasts. We do appreciate your kind words and taking the time to post the review.
“Guides are so sweet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2014

My husband and I booked the Jewish Cemetery tour online. When we arrived in port, we were warmly greeted by Marina, the owner, who introduced us to our guides, two lovely young women who were dressed in uniforms, and were very well informed and well spoken. We decided to upgrade to the full walking tour, which took us through town, to several government buildings, and churches. We then continued on with just part of our group to the Jewish cemetery. Marina met us there, and gave a very informative lecture about the Jews who were part of Jamaican culture so long ago. Marina is passionate about what she does, and it comes through in her work. Crystal then led us back to town, where we walked through a schoolyard during recess, and had an interesting view of our ship as the children in the school see it. We were also welcomed into the home of a Falmouth resident, then back to the port. Be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes...it was really hot. We brought water with us, but the guides supplied water as well. This was one excursion that I can say lived up to and exceeded my expectations. If you love learning about the places you visit, this is for you.

Visited November 2014
Thank you so much for booking the tour and describing your experience here for others to read as it really does give a good sense of what our tours are about. We were also thrilled that you decided to combine the Jewish Cemetery tour with the heritage tour as it allowed you to learn much more about the Jamaica and the history of Falmouth. Krystal was delighted that her name was mentioned. It does give our tour guides a sense of pride when guests recall their names and to know that they enjoyed the tour.
5 attraction reviews
“Very interesting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

My sister, my nephew and I thoroughly enjoyed the tour. Carla and I forget the young man's name were very nice and made the tour fun. I would recommend if you want to learn about the people of Falmouth definitely do this tour.

Visited August 2014
Austin, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Great historical experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This two hour walk around Falmouth is wonderful. Our guide Carla was excellent. Wear comfortable shoes and a hat. They have water bottles for the midpoint. Very enjoyable, intimate tour.

Marina D, Owner at Falmouth Heritage Walks, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you so much for booking our tour. We appreciate the feedback, the helpful hints and the recognition given to our tour guides. It gives us great pride to showcase our town to visitors who want to learn more about Jamaica's history.