“Great Tour and history excursion in Jamaica” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 19 Activities in Falmouth
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Chukka Jamaica Falmouth - something for everyone! Experience the best at our exclusive locations. Adventure - ziplining, river tubing, challenge course; motorized - dune buggy, ATV; family - bird aviary, challenge course, pool, horse and carriage, Great House tour; drink and eat - high tea, Jamaica jerk, Appleton Estate Rum, Jablum Coffee house, ice cream and more! Transportation to and from all major hotels and piers. Chukka, offers the best of Jamaica, Belize and Grand Turk.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Belton, Texas
“Great Tour and history excursion in Jamaica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Odette & Leon were our tour guides and they really worked very hard describing the lovely 1700's sugar plantation. They took photos for everyone and made sure that everyone had an enjoyable excursion. We were with a couple that had taken this same excursion 3 times!!

Worcester, MA
“Great Tours-Awesome Tour guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Me and two of my friends booked a tour with Chukka a year ago and were so pleased with the experience and our tourguide we continued to use him for the rest of our stay there. He took us to places in Montego Bay, Ocho Rios and Runaway Bay where we were staying. We went to Dunn's River Falls, visited an open air market,zip lined and also went on the ATV tour to name a few of our excursions. Our driver, Junior McKnight, was so knowledgeable about the area and history and provided us with all kinds of useful information about other lesser known attractions that we might enjoy on our own. Taking a tour with a resident of the island is really the way to go because you get an explanation of the history, the culture, food and the more obscure places that only someone born and raised there would know-plus you learn the places to avoid. You can even pick up a little patois during the tour. The guy was so conscientious, polite, funny and concerned for our safety after a while we just put our trust in him and let him direct us in our travels . I noticed he now has his own facebook page and since he books his own tours as well(which is what we did later in the week) you get the advantage of having the same person for as many days as you need them-not to mention that it ended up being cheaper that way and he'll take you wherever you want within reason. Highly recommend both Chukka and this driver but would definitely go the route of booking through him directly if at all possible.

Visited December 2011
Littleton
“Poor organization, Great Guide”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We were booked on the Good Hope Carriage Ride through the Allure of the Seas. We waited almost 1 1/2 hours to get to our tour because the organization at the pier was so bad. No one had a clue what was going on. we were sat on a bus with others who had been on the bus 45 minutes. we sat an additional 15 minutes only to be taken off and put on yet another bus. AWFUL!!! When we finally arrived, I found that our poor tour guide was waiting impatiently for us as well. Seems we were both victims of no communitcation!!! Her name was Odette...ODETTE!!! She was remarkable. A special women with a gift for people. She was kind and generous and genuine. She was the only thing that saved our frustrating day. She is bound for greatness. She is a tremendous gift !!!!

Norfolk, Virginia
“ATV Safari Falmouth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My fiancee and I took a trip to Chukka at Falmouth for the ATV Safari. I've never been on an ATV before, so I was a little nervous. Our guide briefly explained to us how the ATVs worked, and then had us drive around in circles a couple of times to get the feel for the ATV. By the time we were done with that, I felt pretty confident and was ready to go for a ride.

We were in a group of about seven people. Our guide immediately started talking about dividing us up into people who had ridden before and people who hadn't--which would have separated me and my fiancee, and another man and his wife. The guys chivalrously said that they wanted to stay with us (smart guys). We all stayed together at first, but then stopped and the guide separated us temporarily. The "experienced" riders went off for a brief ride, and then met back up with us. At the time, I was very annoyed. I was a first time rider but, unlike one of the other first timers on the trip, I picked up on the ATVs quickly and was having no trouble at all keeping up. Besides that, I paid the same amount to go as everyone else, and did not appreciate being left out while others rode.

My grumpiness didn't last long, however. As soon as we started riding again, I couldn't help but have a great time. We went down a 7 mile trail through tons of mud puddles--some of which were super deep. We stayed in a group, but I usually waited slightly behind before a puddle so that I could run through it and send mud flying. It was so much fun! My fiancee and I laughed the entire time--and were covered head to toe in mud. I wasn't expecting it to be so messy, but I didn't want to miss out on all the fun just because I was afraid to get a little dirty! Some of the puddles were REALLY deep and sent us fishtailing to get out. The company even had a designated photographer out taking pictures, which we bought at the end of the trip--we got some really awesome ones of us charging through huge puddles with mud flying everywhere. Needless to say, I have a new Facebook profile picture.

The trail was beautiful, and took us through some beautiful orange groves and around the ruins of old sugar plantations and great houses. We were surrounded by palm trees and that crazy growing bamboo trees, too, and the green mountains were behind us in the distance. It was a beautiful, sunny day--but make sure to bring bug spray and sunscreen if you go! (And a change of clothes wouldn't be a bad idea, either.)

We had a GREAT time on this trip. By the end, I felt super confident on the ATV and had no trouble driving at all. I still wish our guide had let me go with the experienced riders from the beginning. Paying customers should all be able to have the same experience! Still, it's hard to complain when you have as much fun as my fiancee and I did. He's talking about going back to Jamaica again, and he definitely wants to do the ATV safari again! Go--you won't regret it.

Westminster, Maryland
“Zipline Canopy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I loved it all. Too bad they didn't have 20 ziplines. They have 9 ziplines and make sure to use a lot of bug spray.

Visited October 2012