“Don't waste your time here!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Seas Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Falmouth
Golden Seas Beach Resort
You added Golden Seas Beach Resort to your Saves list
1 Main Street, Falmouth, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Falmouth
New York City
“Don't waste your time here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2007

Well, my girlfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights. Upon check-in, our room had no A/C and no TV. We were switched to another room which had A/C, but no remote for TV. The room had a dead bug in the bathroom, the shower drain clogged up and we stood in 3 inches of water. The bathroom are was filthy. We tried to arrange for a tour at Dunns River Falls in the am at the reception desk, but the girl looked at us as if we requested the resurrection. We luckily had a lovely girl Nicole help us, but after much headache. For some reason (which I now deduce why) we were the ONLY ones at the hotel. On Monday am, they did not serve breakfast, period! We went hungry. We requested a 7 AM wakeup call, and guess what? NO CALL. Luckily she had set her alarm, or we would have missed our tour bus. Overall, I can NOT recommend this place to anyone. If we had had to spend more than 2 days there we would have cancelled the trip and went somewhere else. The road from Ocho Rios to Oracabessa is terrible, and Oracabessa is a poor town. The decor of the hotel is cheezy vegas style 70's. Do yourself a favor, and go elsewhere!

• Liked — The bay was beautiful, and romantic
  • Disliked — the hotel
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2006

Golden Seas is indeed the right place for a relaxing, comfortable vacation, the staff are dedicated mainly from the Food & Beverage area. There is however room for improvement and i think management need to take into consideration the lovely scenery they have & put inplace more entertainment activities for us the guest to participate in. Golden seas is alovely spot but needs URGENT attention!!!!!!!! Overall its a good place that need to be sorted out, needs different management, they need good Marketting & most of all more overseas guest.

• Stayed January 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2005

This is the worst place I have ever stayed. I have travelled to many third world countries and spent some nights in some pretty dodgy places, but this place takes the cake. My friends who were travelling with us found a dirty daiper under their bed. Our door didn't lock. I found cockroaches in the bathroom. The linens were dirty, the food was crap, the beach was terrible. To top it all it's very noisy.
Whatever you do don't stay there. Save yourself the trouble.

• Stayed October 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2005

My friends and I had a 4 day weekend at this resort and it was wonderful. I would definately stay there again. The service was great, the employees tried to do everything for us. They really treated us like royalty there. The chef made us food special at our request. The bartenders are wonderful. Props to Roger and Andy(bartenders). Wonderful people. I would recommend this resort. The snorkeling was beauitiful and totally worth the $20 ( I think we got a deal) we paid per person. The captain will try and get a bigger tip out of you, but after you pay them, just say thank you and walk way. Its a little far from the airport, but totally worth it. The rooms are clean, food is good. The dinner buffet is a little spendy $20, but they have a lot to choose from. Breakfast buffet was very good. I cant wait until I can go back! They really took wonderful care of us.

• Stayed March 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2005

Just got back from a 3 night trip. We've been to Sandals before and this was no where near that. We had a nice time though. We booked through expedia. When we got there, we didn't like the location of our room and wanted an ocean view. An additional $20/night got us that. We booked the all inclusive so we didn't have to worry about food or drinks. The rooms were old and facilities could've been better. But you get what you pay for. There was not much to do there at the resort and wandering off on your own is a little frightening. It was a good way to relax since it wasn't crowded and not much happened. The buffet was ok. Nothing great but edible. You can ask someone for fresh coconut juice right from the tree. That was awesome. We went to Dunns River and it definitely something worth while. Pack a pair of water shoes so that you can walk on the rocks more easily. Expect to pay more as a tourist. Would recommend exchanging money at the airport. They seem to charge more if you carry US money. At the airport, customs took over 2 1/2 hours to get through and then another 2 1/2 hours to get to the resort. For a short trip, I wouldn't go back to Golden Seas. Overall, people were very friendly and we had a relaxing time.

West Coast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2005

I travel often and have stayed at many resorts and this resort has been the worst resort I have had the unpleasantries of staying at. Many of the staff were unfriendly, especially the cashiers. It is sad to say but there was only a handful of staff that were genuinely fabulous during my stay: the 2-person entertainment crew (K & J), bartender (R), lifeguard (N), waiter (A), and a cook (C). Anyone who has been there will surely know those I have mentioned. The food was terrible. The meal prices absolutley did not reflect the quality of the food. If you don't go all-inclusive, you're paying way too much! There is not much to do on the resort but the entertainment crew tried their hardest at keeping us happy! (K) from the entertainment crew & bartender (R) were fabulous. There is no Disco, hardly any evening shows & the place shuts down by 11pm... Come on, I'm on vacation... in Jamaica!!! I want to party!!! There is nothing within walking distance to see... You have to take an overpriced cab fare to go into Ocho Rios if you want to do anything entertaining. Only go here if you plan on seeing and doing nothing.

• Stayed March 2005
Windsor, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2005

Friends & I stayed at Golden Seas several years ago & had a wonderful time. We met some wonderful people in the neighbourhood. Felt comfortable walking into the 'village', eating in the local bars/restaurants, riding the local bus to Ochi & Port Antonio, seeing Noel Coward's place, eating fish prepared on the beach, parties on the beach, etc., etc.
Yes, the hotel itself was quiet, but I thought that is what vacations are all about!
A quiet place to rest after going out exploring & having fun in the sun all day.

Pat
Windsor, Ontario

Been to Golden Seas Beach Resort? Share your experiences!