“All the right stuff but needs some sprucing up” 5 of 5 stars

N-Resort All Inclusive For Adults
3.0 of 5 Specialty Resort   |   PO Box 1933, Falmouth, Jamaica   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hamilton
“All the right stuff but needs some sprucing up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We are just about to complete a one-week vacation at the N-resort (June 28 to July 5th). Before coming here, we checked reviews and found out that the resort was going to be closed for 6 months for "renovations" beginning Jul 25th. Some guests wondered if this was going to be still a nudist resort after it re-opens. To be fair, I would not call this a nudist resort any way because other than around the pool and beach, many of the guests dress up--especially for their meals. Nevertheless it would really be a shame if the owners decided not to keep it au naturel, because this is probably one of the most affordable resorts that cater to nudism within the Caribbean. It is the only one we know in Jamaica that allows nudism anywhere on the property. But unlike more pricey resorts like Hidden Beach in the Mayan Riviera, the N-resort has a walkable and swimmable beach.

As far as I can tell, guests receive upgrades automatically, and are given rooms facing the ocean and have balconeys that are only about 50 m or so from the water. If you enjoy sounds of waves lapping against the shore, you will be in heaven. All of the buildings are located close together, centred around the pool that has an underused water slide, swim-up bar and attached grill where we now have both breakfast and lunches. It is a small resort, with few amenities, but they have a wonderful staff, some of the best that we've met, and although things do break down (part of the charm of this place), they get repaired promptly (literally within hours of us reporting the incident).

The resort

The decor throughout the resort is a throw-back to an earlier era, reminiscent of how cottages must have been decorated in the 60s or 70s. If I imagined myself being a guest at a friend's family cottage rather than being a guest at a holiday resort, the flaws did not affect my enjoyment of the experience. When I read through some older reviews, I could see that those who loved it here did not expect this to be a luxury resort. It is clearly not a luxury resort, nor does it advertise itself to be. There are no lobby bars with cushy chairs, large flat-screen TVs with satellite channels. The rooms do not have mini bars that are stocked with rum and other hard liquor--just beer, water and some soft drinks, and they take orders daily. There isn't always someone at the front desk, and there is no baby grand piano to entertain the crowd during cocktail hours. Instead, the sound system at the grill and pool is a little (I mean little) ghetto blaster many years old, and which does not appear to work very reliably. Air-conditioning is restricted to guest rooms and at the gym. Hence, ladies who get hot flashes should seriously consider bringing a purse fan with them when dining at the resort restaurants, especially the upstairs Sabbia. The gift shop has been closed, but I don't know if it had ever been open. In its earlier incarnation as Pebbles, which was a family resort, there was horse-back riding, a little freshwater wetland for turtles to feed the turtles, and a whole section with swings and sand boxes where children played and did handicrafts, as well as a separate kitchen and restaurant for family dining. Only remnants of these remain today, and we would not have known about the resort's history had we not taken a tour of the grounds with Winston, the head gardener. He is a great resource and you should try to fit in a half-hour or hour-long tour during your stay. I should also mention about the free WIFI near the pool, grill and any of the rooms close to the pool, which included Room 225 where we stayed. It was great and it really was FREE!

The room:

Almost everyone we met have had to move at least once--but not always for the same reason. We started out in a room on the first floor in Block 1 but since we asked specifically for a room on the second floor beforehand, the manager agreed to find us a room on the second floor the following morning. We've been to resorts where they just paid lip-service to finding us a better room, and so I presumed that we would have to go back and pester the manager in the morning. After one night in Room 103, we were actually prepared to stay there, and were pleasantly surprised later in the morning to meet the manager, who asked us if we wanted to take a look at a 2nd-floor room in Block 7. These old buildings don't have much in the way of sound-proofing, and so we could hear foot steps from folks above us the first night. Moving to the top floor would solve that problem. In addition to being a bit brighter and having a better shower, it was also an end unit. With paper-thin walls, we thought we would have more privacy with neighbours only on one side, and so we re-packed and transferred rooms with the help of two of the staff members. We were very glad that we moved.

The mosquito netting over the bed is quaint and decorative, but not really functional. Every night, we swung it over the foot of the bed to get it out of the way. That the resort had mosquito netting over every bed underscores the problem that mosquitoes cause at this resort. Their second line of defence is a dated contraption that heats an insect-repellent disk (same principle as burning the green insect coils but without the smoke) and which the staff plugged in when they turned down our bed in the evening. As long as you kept the doors closed after dark, the mosquitoes did not really pose a problem in the room. In the restaurant and grounds, on the other hand, it is a whole other story.

Once I stopped thinking of this as a resort and more as a friend's cottage, I no longer minded the mattress being hard and the pillows being lumpy. There was also a day bed that kept breaking when my husband tried to lie down on it. Instead of complaining, we turned this into a staging area where each day we piled our towels and books, etc. to put into our carry-all. There isn't much light in the room after the sun sets, but the two bedside lamps allowed us to at least read a little before falling asleep. They have a token TV set in the room, about 35 years old, with very poor reception and only a couple of stations worth watching. There is a decent size balconey that overlooks the east side of the property, which was also the better of the two beaches for swimming. There is another day bed on the balconey where we can sit and watch the sun rise, and see the waves lap gently on the beach during the morning (the only part of the day when the water is calm).

The service:

Service is not usually such a big part of my reviews, but the great service is largely what makes the N-resort such a great place for vacation. The deficiencies in the room and resort could have been real irritants and ruined my holiday but the incredibly friendly and service-oriented staff here made up for these shortfalls. The manager obviously stresses customer service, and has not cut back on the number of staff, even though the resort is not even a quarter full. At any point during the breakfast and lunch, there are dedicated staff that serve drinks, others that take your order and serve the meals, and still others that take away your empty glasses or dishes and serve coffee. That does not include the two or three chefs behind the grill during lunch. They seem to be genuinely interested in providing good service, though not always very polished. From the life guard to the gardeners to the maid to the bar staff, they were all really courteous and attentive. The only exception was the animators who fell short of my expectations. They did not always keep to their own schedule and the guests had to go and find them to remind them what they had promised. The aquacize was a good example of this. Despite the full participation of the dozen or so guests, the animator only reluctantly led the classes. The same goes for dance lessons and games. This definitely needs to be reviewed by the management and resolved when the resort re-opens.

The pool and hot tub

The pool is a good size, with lots of lounge chairs for the number of guests staying here. They are short on umbrellas, however, especially after the wind took down two older ones, leaving them with only 3 other functioning umbrellas. During the morning, trees and buildings on the east side of the pool provide adequate shade, but by the afternoon, everything is exposed. The pool is the main gathering place where guests sunbathe, swim and play pool volleyball. Almost all of the guests used the pool rather than the beach to sunbathe because it is more sheltered from the wind. There is also a water slide that is very under-utilized. I went on it once and it was exhilarating, but did not feel compelled to repeat that.

There are lots of pool noodles, floats and other toys at the pool. The temperature of the water was almost always warm, and this is despite the constant re-filling. The sun really heated up the water quickly. Aquacize was fun in the pool when we had it (only 3 times during our stay). These were hardly workouts but stretches and an aerobic teaser. I had to do my own routine and jogged around the pool to get my heart rate up.

There are two hot tubs at the pool, but only one was working. The hot tub (big enough for 10 people) was also drained, cleaned and re-filled daily, and the temperature was maintained at around 40 degrees C. This was another gathering point for the guests, especially at around 5:30 and again after dinner and before bed time. This is one of the best things about the resort and one that I will remember fondly after tomorrow--even though it is true that I acquired many bites while using the hot tub at night.

The beach

It is hard to find a nicer beach than the one we visited in February at Cayo Largo, and therefore, our expectations of the beach at N-resort was not high to begin with. This is certainly not the worst beach that we've visited in Jamaica, but it is a long way from being the best either (ie. Negril). We had read how people walked for miles on this beach, but honestly, the only way you can walk for miles is if you climbed over rocks and waded in the water as well as walking on the beach. If you walked to the west towards Falmouth for an hour or so, you will come to a bay/beach where the cruise ships bring their guests to sunbathe and swim. We knew couples that did that, and they told us that it was a good spot to swim (au naturel) when the cruise ship was not using it.

Along this stretch of Jamaica's northern coast, the better beach is probably over at the larger resort just to the east. It is very shallow for quite a distance in front of the N-resort, and this was probably great for the kids when this resort used to be called Pebbles and had lots of young families. But it is not great if you want to swim (that is, when the water is a bit calmer). The beach itself is not very wide, and a great deal of seaweed can accumulate overnight because of the high wave energy. The red flag never came down, and except for the hour or so from 7:00 to 8:00 in the morning, the ocean had white caps all day long. Although there are lots of lounge chairs on the beach, no one wants to go there because of the wind and the blowing sand. We sat there once on the first day (by ourselves) and never did it again. This is a shame because the staff work hard to remove the seaweed and keep the sand groomed. Like the water slide, the beach and ocean area also under-used at the N-resort. Almost to compensate for this, the manager organizes a beach party and bonfire on Wednesdays. This past week had been too windy for us to eat on the beach and so we ate at the grill. The bonfire was a pretty low-key affair following the fire eater--staff provided some marshmallows and sticks and I think I was the only one who chose to roast a couple of them.

The restaurants

Being a small resort, there are only a few options for dinner, and only one for breakfast and lunch, which were both served at the beach grill Seating there is limited to about 8 tables but with the resort having only 8 to 10 couples at any time, no one really had to wait long. Breakfast was served between 7:30 and 10:00, and lunch between 12:30 and 2:00, but I am sure they would have accommodated later seatings (probably not earlier, though).

There are daily specials in addition to menu items and a small buffet where they serve fruits and yogurt in the morning and soups and salads in the afternoon. There is enough to satisfy everyone, even for guests with special dietary requirements. When they found out that I had a gluten sensitivity, the chef and the server (Patricia) went out of their way to provide gluten-free options for me. I really appreciated that. Everything was freshly prepared and tasty. They also offered brewed decaf coffee, and they remembered this from Day 1 onwards--quite a treat for me. In addition, they cooked bacon the way I love it--crisp!! I have absolutely no complaints about the grill.

I have a mixed review for the evening meal, however, mostly because of the lack of air conditioning (or fans) and the abundance of biting insects that made my meals less leisurely than I would have liked. There was usually a set menu at both the main restaurant and at the Sabbia restaurant (upstairs), and the quality was uniformly high, even though not necessarily authentic. For example, the chicken satay that we had tonight was tasty and tender but not like authentic satay. The venue also needs major improvement, that includes enclosing both restaurants so that they can install air conditioning and screen out the mosquitoes and other biting insects.

Entertainment/Animators

The entertainment during and after dinner takes place at the main restaurant, which has no A/C or protection from the bugs. Therefore, I did not really enjoy these occasions, although many of the guests clearly did enjoy these. We have had a band, a DJ, and a solo musician playing keyboard during and after dinner. On karaoke night, it was fun getting to know the guests better when they revealed their favourite songs. One of the guests spontaneously got up and told some jokes instead of singing. The resort also organized a different theme each night, such as PJ, Bowtie, Red and crazy, Pirate night, etc. Since my husband preferred to eat in the nude all the time, we did not dress up for any of the theme nights. These events ended usually around 10:00 and then the guests dispersed to the hot tub or to their room. Night life was not very active at the N-resort, but that is what the guests like for the most part.

The biting insects:

Because I react very badly to bites of all insects, particularly mosquitoes and sand fleas, finding ways to avoid being bitten is a major pre-occupation. I came prepared with OFF, a bug jacket and pants, as well as a net for my face and head. Despite all this, I was still bitten many times all over my body. It is difficult to ignore the bites because the heat worsens the swelling. The resort provides a spray bottle (apparently Listerine) that you can use to fend off the bugs, but I did not find it to be effective. I brought my entire arsenal but I can't help but feel that I lost the battle any way. Perhaps the resort should spray around the restaurant to keep down the mosquitoes? Better yet, they should enclose both the upstairs and the downstairs restaurants, install A/C and screens to keep out the bugs. If there is one reason to keep me from returning to this resort, this would be the one.

The spa:

Although they advertise the Seagrape Spa as being part of the resort, this seems to be an independent company that works out of the resort. They use a room inside the resort to do facials and manicures, etc and a covered pavillion on a spit of land that juts out into the ocean to do their massages. There was a rudimentary massage table in both rooms of the pavillion, but there were no candles or fragrances or music to enhance the experience. Even though we paid for a couples massage, we were in two different rooms and the treatment was not synchronized. Still, the massage was one of the best we've ever had, and both ladies were very skilled masseuses. To book a massage, we had to go to the front desk on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and book appointments for the following day. The front desk clerk had to call the ladies and confirm these appointments, and it took the better part of a day to confirm the appointment. It's all part of the charm of the Jamaican way of doing business I guess. We had to pay for all of the spa treatments using our credit card or cash (US$).

The Glistening Lagoon

Falmouth is one of three places in the world where there are bioluminescent dinoflagellates (a type of plankton), and apparently, the lagoon in Falmouth is the most spectacular because of the intensity of the bioluminescence. The N-resort is only a 5-minute drive from the lagoon, and well worth the $35/person. After a very short car ride, we hopped into a glass-bottom boat and headed to the middle of the lagoon around 8:15 pm. The depth is only 2-3 ft, and the bottom is very mucky (black gooey mud) and easily disturbed. The captain provided life jackets that we can use to stay afloat without touching the muddy bottom. The dinoflagellate glisten (like fire flies) when they are disturbed. It is quite enchanting to see these streaks of light in the water as people swam, twirled their fingers hands or splashed around to create the light show. In our party of ten, three of us stayed behind to take photos and videos The others jumped into the lagoon and stayed there for at least 30 minutes. The tour was booked by the resort so that we could enjoy the lagoon without wearing any bathing suits.

Overall impression

As long as you are not expecting luxurious quarters, and you really embrace nudism, this resort is extremely good value for what you pay. It is a small resort that tries to offer many of the things that the larger resorts offer in a clothing optional environment. It is by far the best resort to meet like-minded couples, and we met several whom we would enjoy meeting again. We had sun, fun and a lot of relaxation, and unexpectedly made some new friends. A good recipe for a vacation, although some upgrades need to be considered, particularly with respect to the main restaurant.

Room Tip: Bring a purse fan to use in the restaurants if you get hot fairly easily.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We arrived on Saturday June 7 and departed unwillingly Sunday June 15th 2014. Check in as usual was a non event as were transfers and we were nude within minutes of reaching our room. Ahhhh!

This was Our 3rd trip to N resort within 12 months. The great thing about N is that it is like going home. The staff remembers you and you preferences from the last time, the food is memorable and plentiful and the bar staff EXCEPTIONAL Where else will they run to the local store to get your favorite libation if the do not already have it on hand. They have done this twice for me.The facility and grounds are clean, comfortable and lush. We had the pleasure of meeting guests again who we had first met at N on previous trips plus new friends from Texas, Netherlands, Ohio. There were only two couples there who were not return guests. That says alot for N. We missed our other friends from previous trips by a week and the couple from the Netherlands were still talking about them when we arrived. Shout out to Steve and Lynda who have been here 7 times, John and Debbie our newest N family members. There were 6 couples here this week which makes it feel like your own private vacation villa.

Don't let the web site disuade you from coming here.The web site needs to be uodated to take references to families out and make it more user friendly. If you are a web designer who has been here you would probably be glad to design it for free to keep people coming and open and add to our family list of guests.Yes I said family because that is what eveyone I have met hear becomes during our stays. This is not a woodsie lumberjack resort although the rooms are done in dark woods the rooms are very large by most standards and beautiful. Sure the place needs a few TLC touches but so does my house.The resort is smaller and more intimate than those mega resorts who don't know you and don't care who you are but want your money. I spend 26 weeks per year in hotel rooms all across the US and this resort rates at the top of my list for size and cleanliness. The best part is that you can be nude through out the entire resort or clothing optional and nobdy cares. My wife likes to dress for dinner and some others were nude at dinner. The ability to choose is what makes this a classy resort.

We took another couple with us who have been to resorts in Jamaica with a nude beach but nothing like N. They fell in love with N as we have and are already planning a return trip with us in June 2015. We are praying that it will reopen in Jan 2015. The wife of this couple said she has never been soo comfortable being nude ever. She was hesitant about going but now can't wait to go back. This couple are cruisers but now say this is there favorite vacation spot.

Freddie, you need to do everything in your power to keep N open and as is. We know that this will be difficult but we and many others on your guest list are praying that we can return next year and for many years in the future. You are the greatest host I have ever been fortunate to meet and you deserve alot of credit for how well your resort functions.Where else can we go where the GM hangs out with the guests because they want to not because they are required to. If there is anything I or your many other guest can do to help please reach out to us and let us know how to campaign for our home away from home.

I could go on and on but you have probably read other rave reviews. I can only add to that sentiment. N is the perfect laid back nude resort for a relaxing vacation.The staff is great the beach is great, the pool is great and in short "WHAT A GREAT PLACE" YAH MON!!!

Dean and Gale

Room Tip: Go for second floor beach front. It is worth more than they charge.
Steubenville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This place is truly a wonderful place, the staff made our stay a great one, I feel for them since they will be with out jobs come July 24 . We met the best people and formed some wonderful friendship! At the beginning of the week there were 6 couples by weeks end there were 2 couples, it was like having a private vacation ......we walked the beach just beware of going towards Falmouth as we were politely asked to give up our watch by a so called fisherman:(. We walked the other direction with no issues. Sorry we didn't find the pool table sooner. Enjoy and relax ! Bonus short ride from the airport!! We used the Peter for sunbathing worked well no sandblasting from the wind. The pool and the slide were the bomb!! Loved our volleyball games. The rooms are very clean and yes they are dated . We were upgraded to ocean front , and lastly take lots of bug spray!!! Evenings can be a challenge for the critters.

Room Tip: First floor rooms hear everything that goes on above them .
So. California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The Best So Far!

This was our 2nd trip to N-Resort and I have to say it was the best of our 8 trips to Jamaica. The only real concern is if they are going to re-open with the same format next year. We really want to return next year and we are having trouble finding a replacement resort, even looking at other Caribbean destinations. After many discussions with Freddy on the future of the resort all he could say is that it is out of his hands and that it is up to the owners on what the future will be. There are a few issues that could make this resort better, but for an all-inclusive nude, not sexual resort with great rooms, good beach and fun atmosphere I will happily deal with a few minor issues.

The staff at N-Resort has to be one of the best in the hospitality industry; even with an uncertain future they would try to meet any request. Check-in was painless; the room was always kept clean and in good order. The bar staff was very attentive and the food service was top notch. The only minor issue was with the entertainment coordinators the last few days; they didn’t seem at all motivated. The guests had to get them going to do their jobs which they did with some encouragement.

The food this year was outstanding. There were some who thought that the portions were too small, but when I asked if they were still hungry after having all the courses offered they admitted that they really had plenty to eat. Besides you could always order more. The breakfast was served from a menu which we liked better than a buffet. They did have a small buffet area that served continental breakfast items, as well as local dishes. Lunch was set up the same with soup, salad and desserts set up like a salad bar and the grill items and daily specials severed to your table. Dinner was served ether upstairs at the Italian restaurant or at the main restaurant. Food and service was great at ether location.

The pool is fantastic! It is large, with plenty of room for a game of volleyball and a great slide that was always amusing. There are plenty of sun beds, all with comfy pads and enough umbrellas for those needing some protection from the sun.

The bar service was better this year than it was last year. The staff was always attentive and would serve you pool side. Last year it seemed like we only got poolside service when Freddy was observing, this year it didn’t matter if Freddy was there or not.

The room we had was great. We found the bed to be comfortable. There is plenty of room and everything seemed to work. We loved the large balcony! We did have an issue with the A/C but when we notified the resort they had it re-charged and running with-in 30 minutes. Even though the bath is a bit dated everything worked. There was always plenty of hot water in the shower. There were no issues with anything not working in the bath.

The one thing we really love about N-resort is the atmosphere and the fellow guests. It is just great to have an all nude all-inclusive resort, without a strong sexual environment. It always seems that people are all friendlier when they are naked. We met up with some old friends and made some new ones and hope to meet up with them again next year.

Illinios
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was our third trip in the last twelve months to the "N". My review will be based upon the two weeks we spent there from May 17-31. What makes it a bitter sweet review is that this is probable the last time we will be going there. Although I hope I am wrong, there is a very strong feeling by all that it will not be reopening after its planed closing from July 27 - Dec. 31st. After talking to GM Freddie who is in constant talks with the owner, even he is unsure of the "N"s future. Most of the employees are already looking elsewhere do to the uncertainty of its reopening. This is why it makes it so difficult to write this review about a place and people that we love so much!

Arrival: (A+)
A breeze, checked in went to bar for a drink and brought right to our room where our bags awaited.

Grounds: (A-)
The grounds are beautiful, thick lush vegetation, with awesome flowers and fruits. Winston takes get care of them. A little trimming is needed in spots along the sidewalks.

Food: (A)
The food is great! All the cooks do a wonderful job in preparing such a choice of cuisine. There wasn't anything my wife and I didn't like.

Bartenders/Drinks: (A+)
The drinks were great! Anything you wanted and then some! If they didn't have it Pam would make sure it was their the next day. Geffory, Nikkoi, Patricia and Demoey did a supper job in keeping us happy!

Servers: (A+)
All the servers, (I'm sorry I can't remember all your names) Megan, Sherri, Kevon and the rest did an outstanding job! They all were so attentive to our needs. Always smiling and asking how we were doing!

Pool: (B-)
The pool is awesome! Lots of room, plenty of chairs, and towels. The deck was cleaned every day. However the pool was being maintained but not vacuumed enough. The bottom was very dirty most of the time.

Beach: (A-)
The beach is a vision of paradise. The problem is that it was covered every day with sea grass, ALOT of sea grass. I still gave it a high grade because every day the two or three lifeguards were out there working their fingers to the bone trying to keep it clean! They were the hardest working bunch of guys I've ever seen there.

Entertainment Staff: (D+)
My wife and I were shocked to see how little you guys did this trip. First of all Baxter was only there the first couple of days when we arrived. He kept us going most of the day. After that he went on break and Anthony and Nickolas took turns the rest of the trip. This is very difficult for me to say, seeing how close we feel to the entertainment staff. Anthony was visible most of the day but was not all that enerjetic. Nicholas was MIA (missing in action) ninety percent of the time!
The activity board was changed every day but nothing happened. The wife and I still love you guys but you need to do your job! The entertainment staff can make or break a resort. At least you left the bag of goods out so we were able to help ourselves to some games.

House Keeping: (A+)
Our room was spotless every day and our frig was stocked when needed. They did a beautiful job decorating our room one night for our anniversary, THANKS!

Spa: (A+)
We each had a couple of massages and my wife had a manicure, AWESOME!

Management: (A+)
Freddie, Michael and Tracy you guys are wonderful! If we ever went to you with a problem, it was fixed before we knew it.

Conclusion: (?)
We truly hope we are wrong and this resort reopens under the SAME concept as adults only, au natural. Freddie if there is anything i can get you to pass on to the owner is if the advertisement on the internet about this resort is not corrected or deleted and kept up to date, this resort will never make it!

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We just spent a week at this small all-inclusive nude resort in Jamaica, in a beachfront suite (natural wood interiors), which was well worth the upgrade cost. It took about 45 minutes to get there (transportation offered by the resort). This resort was a very quiet and relaxing, low-key place, which is just what we needed. The staff were so friendly and accomodating. We heard that the beds were hard so we brought pool floats to soften it. When the maid saw them the next day, she asked if we would like an egg crate foam to go over the bed, which made it very comfortable for sleeping. We were impressed with the gourmet style food and the non-watered down drinks which were offered before we asked for it! The theme nights were fun! Everyone dressed or partially dressed to their comfort zone or imagination. We liked the freedom of being able to go textile free or partial without pressure from others. There is a small island crafts shop run by a friendly local with many artistic treasures. The tropical gardens inbetween the buildings are beautiful. We hope they will do more with the front entrance for it looks very shabby for a first arrival presentation. We had a couples massage out on their spa dock area, which was heavenly to hear the waves while getting the massage. The negatives which we hope will be improved are: There weren't enough towels for the beach/pool chairs, especially when other guests would use 2-3 at a time. They need more umbrellas on the beach and by the pool. Their music should cater to the age group. Most of us didn't enjoy the techno-rock booming sound. It would be nice to have a pen with pad of paper and "Do not disturb" sign, in the rooms. There is little to none wifi/cell phone which can be a good thing, I guess. There was not much beach to walk on unless you waded through a few small coves or put on a swimsuit to walk towards the nearby textile resort.Bring your own water bottle to refill (with their good drinking water)to keep in your room and snacks for you early morning/late night or mid-day snackers. We look forward to returning after the renovations are finished and hope this place will stay open.

Room Tip: Building 7 is convenient for quick bathroom breaks or saying "hello" to those passing by t...
Galliano, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

We arrived on May 14th in the middle of a rain shower. The transfer was good with a little wait at airport. A small bus brought my wife and I to N Resort. N Resort staff was waiting with umbrellas and drinks for us. After check in , we had a tour of grounds and met the other people. Within minutes we felt right at home here.
The room was rustic looking with a balcony facing garden, pool and the beach. That was a fantastic view. The room was cleaner than the 4 -5 star resorts we stayed at before in Jamaica and Mexico. Getting Au Natural here was very easy. Everyone was naked except the staff.
The food was fantastic also! You had a variety of choices with buffets and/or menus for breakfast,lunch, and dinner. The seafood was fresh, the jerk pork and chicken were great also. If you had special food needed , they would fix it for you.. The grounds were beautiful and green and clean of debris in all main areas. We took a tour of the garden with the gardener
Winston. It is isolated with very few people crossing beach from outside resorts. The drinks were fixed strong and had a big selection of alcohol from different rums, vodka, tequila, wines ,beer, mixed drinks. Try the Rum Cream on everything from ice cream to cake to just an extra shot in the coffee.The beach had seaweed wash ashore everyday. The staff tried to keep beach free from seaweed daily.The staff were the friendliest people. They would go out of their way daily to make your stay great. They would even go pickup personal items in town for you. We stayed 7 days ,but wished we would have booked for longer. They are closing for renovations July 24 til Dec 31 2014. We will be back on N Resort next May 2015 if they regroup. This would be a shame if they would not. Freddie, the manager was always there making sure you had what you needed. Perfect it is not, but My wife and I would return in a split second. We have been to different resorts and each one had its own flavor, but none were perfect. N Resort was a place were my wife and I could relax at the pool or on the beach at ease. We made friends with people from all the world. If you get there before July closing, Tell Freddie, Romain, Roxanne,Winston,Jeffery, Patricia, Pamaline, Baxster ,Anthony and all the rest of staff hello for us. Because when you do have to leave , they will leave with you in your mind for ever.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is better view and quitter,block 6 is the place to be- room 222
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to N-Resort All Inclusive For Adults? Share your experiences!