“Off the beaten path” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Retreat Guesthouse Luxury Suites

Expedia.com Priceline.com
Retreat Guesthouse Luxury Suites
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   6 Newcourt Ave Retreat Heights, Falmouth | Trelawny, Falmouth 00000, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Victoria, Texas
“Off the beaten path”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

During the coarse of our trip to Jamaica, we decided to travel to falmouth and go to the luminous lagoon. We stayed one night at the retreat guest house and i really wish we could have stayed longer. The home was amazing with beautiful views from our balcony. We choose a room with A/C and slept wonderfully that night. The bed was comfortable and the room was cool and very well maintained. We choose to eat breakfast that morning on the grounds and it was great! Staff and owners were kind and very down to earth! My only complaint was that we were not able to enjoy the house and area longer. I do recommend that you get good directions if you don't know the area very well as its off the main road and a few turns are required to get there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

I loved staying at Retreat Guesthouse, you are treated like family. Really enjoyed my stay, I loved the nature feel. Fruit tree all over, very nice. Would stay there again. Private location, beautiful rooms. My room was huge, beautiful with lots of Windows. The food was delicious and the family very accommodating. Felt like being in your family's home.
L. W

• Stayed August 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I visited the Guest house 2yrs ago, and if anything it's better than before, I arrived on the 29,7.2012. The hospitality, the attention from the owner, Joyce, was fantastic, I was picked up from the airport, with my name on a placard. I felt very important. My room was exquisite. It was cleaned every day. The food was out of this world, The Retreat Guest house is a place to visit, I would recommend it to anyone. Thank you Joyce and team for a fantastic holiday, I will visit again. Joanne.

Room Tip: Phone the owner, she is more than willing to help you.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
St Catherine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was planning my trip but had concerns about the fact that I would be travelling alone and had never done so before. I had many concerns and reservations, as a result I tried to search for the best location in Falmouth and found that the RETREAT GUESTHOUSE kept coming up.

I contacted the owner Ms Joyce who seemed so genuine and warm, no pressure but answered my questions and handled me with patience, consideration and understanding. I immediately felt reassured and comfortable with her and made a booking. The price was an initial concerned because it seemed too low US$60, I wondered what I would get for this money. The Retreat Guesthouse is great value for money.

On arrival I was alone but did not feel like a stranger, it really felt like I had come back home. On my first night I slept so very well and did not feel afraid. I wish that I could stay for another 2 weeks and will definately return with my husband and friends the RETREAT GUESTHOUSE is now one of my favourite places my home away from home!

The personality of Ms Joyce could not be more helpful, kind and desirable, I think that its the way that she approaches her customers and manages them as her priority.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are cool and my room had a good sea view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Kingston, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I visited the Retreat Guesthouse on July 21, 2012, it was very scenic. My standard room was more spacious than the ones at the all inclusive hotels plus I had view to die for. The Guest House has a lush tropical view at the rear of the building, also you can see if not all but most of the Falmouth bay and the Town lights uo beatifully at nights.

Ms. Joyce and Marlene took such good care of me and my husband and was more than accomaodating when we change our plans and wanted to have breakfast on the balcony of our room. By the way, as a local let me be the first to tell breakfast was great just the way I make it at home.

The Guest house is centrally located. It took us 7 minutes in total to assess all the attractraction in the Falmouth town which included Glistening waters and the Swamp Safari. It was the best weekend I had in long time. My husband and I really enjoyed our romantic weekend get away.

Room Tip: The Guest house can be faciltate a group and or family trip as it had really great recreational ro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I was privileged to be in this accommodation for 2 night as at July 13, 2012.

This guest house is really nice- a haven away from home. Its location allows one to experience the natural beauty of Jamaica- cool, clean air; quiet;great view of the harbour; wild birds and a variety of trees.

The rooms are spacious and attractive. The whole structure boasts a great collection of art.

Customer service is personalized. Timely ask for any blend of Jamaican meals and it shall be prepared at your service.

It takes about 7 minutes to get to the town centre and about 40 mins to get to Montego Bay- a bus ride away.

I went to both places and to the multi-purpose stadium in one day.

Room Tip: Great place for a get-away.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Valley, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

What started off as a girls trip to Jamaica, ended up being a solo trip for this small town Georgia Girl. At the last minute, I found out i would be making the trip by myself and needing to change my accomodations from a home in Montego Bay, to something more suitable and secure. I prayed on the matter and found out about The Retreat Guesthouse. The warmth and love Ms. joyce showed me was outstanding! She and Marlena made me feel like I was visiting family! The accomodations were greater than any expectation.Ms. Joyce was more than willling to accomodate all of my last minute request, with grace and love. The food was spectacular, the home absolutely wonderful! if you're looking for a home away from home, this is the perfect place. God has truly graced her and she operates the retreat as a ministry, not just a business! I'm telling all of my friends and family about this wonderful place. As a southern woman, who is use to Central Air Conditioning, not having AC was a breeze! The fans and natural breeze from the Ocean ,beautiful scenary and landscape made it a retreat worth experiencing again and again! The rooms are spacious and pristine, the beds very comfortable and cozy! The bathrooms emaculate, the value unbeatable!!! Can't wait to return!!!! Love this place, Ms. Joyce and Marlena!!!!!

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Retreat Guesthouse Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!