“The Sinclairs- Beautiful Serenity” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Retreat Guesthouse Luxury Suites to your Saves list
Expedia.com Priceline.com
Retreat Guesthouse Luxury Suites
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   6 Newcourt Ave Retreat Heights, Falmouth | Trelawny, Falmouth 00000, Jamaica   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Kingston, Jamaica
“The Sinclairs- Beautiful Serenity”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I visited the Retreat Guesthouse on July 21, 2012, it was very scenic. My standard room was more spacious than the ones at the all inclusive hotels plus I had view to die for. The Guest House has a lush tropical view at the rear of the building, also you can see if not all but most of the Falmouth bay and the Town lights uo beatifully at nights.

Ms. Joyce and Marlene took such good care of me and my husband and was more than accomaodating when we change our plans and wanted to have breakfast on the balcony of our room. By the way, as a local let me be the first to tell breakfast was great just the way I make it at home.

The Guest house is centrally located. It took us 7 minutes in total to assess all the attractraction in the Falmouth town which included Glistening waters and the Swamp Safari. It was the best weekend I had in long time. My husband and I really enjoyed our romantic weekend get away.

Room Tip: The Guest house can be faciltate a group and or family trip as it had really great recreational ro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I was privileged to be in this accommodation for 2 night as at July 13, 2012.

This guest house is really nice- a haven away from home. Its location allows one to experience the natural beauty of Jamaica- cool, clean air; quiet;great view of the harbour; wild birds and a variety of trees.

The rooms are spacious and attractive. The whole structure boasts a great collection of art.

Customer service is personalized. Timely ask for any blend of Jamaican meals and it shall be prepared at your service.

It takes about 7 minutes to get to the town centre and about 40 mins to get to Montego Bay- a bus ride away.

I went to both places and to the multi-purpose stadium in one day.

Room Tip: Great place for a get-away.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Valley, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

What started off as a girls trip to Jamaica, ended up being a solo trip for this small town Georgia Girl. At the last minute, I found out i would be making the trip by myself and needing to change my accomodations from a home in Montego Bay, to something more suitable and secure. I prayed on the matter and found out about The Retreat Guesthouse. The warmth and love Ms. joyce showed me was outstanding! She and Marlena made me feel like I was visiting family! The accomodations were greater than any expectation.Ms. Joyce was more than willling to accomodate all of my last minute request, with grace and love. The food was spectacular, the home absolutely wonderful! if you're looking for a home away from home, this is the perfect place. God has truly graced her and she operates the retreat as a ministry, not just a business! I'm telling all of my friends and family about this wonderful place. As a southern woman, who is use to Central Air Conditioning, not having AC was a breeze! The fans and natural breeze from the Ocean ,beautiful scenary and landscape made it a retreat worth experiencing again and again! The rooms are spacious and pristine, the beds very comfortable and cozy! The bathrooms emaculate, the value unbeatable!!! Can't wait to return!!!! Love this place, Ms. Joyce and Marlena!!!!!

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

A nice peaceful spot for our first night in Jamaica, east of Falmouth but only about half an hour from the airport and well-signposted from the main road. Brilliant views from the house's hilltop location down the wooded slopes to Falmouth cruise-ship harbour in the distance. Our room was clean and comfortable with two beds, fan, screened windows, large wardrobe and shower-room. It did not, however, have the private balcony specified in our Booking.com confirmation. There were two balconies opening off the landing outside but neither had chairs. Downstairs was a spacious lounge and bar area and outside a large partly-covered sundeck with a lovely view. Dinner was available and smelt delicious but we did not need this. We had a good continental breakfast of fruit, toast and coffee in the pretty dining-room. Mrs Grant was friendly and hospitable and if small, smart, family-run guesthouses are your type of accommodation then I think this would make an excellent base for a holiday exploring the north-west of the island, preferably with own transport.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

What else is left to be said about this beautiful place of retreat. i read the other reviews and found myself speechless, it is what they say. its beautiful clean quiet peacefull and relaxing. The treatment and services form the staff there is remarkable. Miss Joyce,and Marleen and the gounds keeping staff are the nicest most Courteous people you would ever meet. I had one of the best times in my life staying there at the Retreat Guesthouse, great relaxing place. The house itself is really beautiful and it’s very big; the view from the room I stayed in was very wonderful. All the rooms in this house have the most soothing and relaxing feeling. They are all so clean and neat that even if you drop your food on the floor you would want to pick it back up and eat it. miss Joyce is a very nice and kind lady, she help me out a lot and took very good care of me with a lot of important stuff that I need to be done, for example she took time out of her busy schedule to help me find a nice place to rent a car for a very sweet deal, plus I didn’t have to put a deposit down for the car. She is really great and I want to thank her once more for all the help and kindness she showed me. This place is where you would want to go say if you plan on visit Jamaica. I love that place and I plan to stay there again when I go back home to Jamaica to visit.

Room Tip: All the Rooms are good.
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

My visit to Retreat Guesthouse, had brought a peace that I was searching for away from my busy lifestyle. I was able to talk about the goodness of God in my life and demonstrate his love to me while I was staying for the few days.

I thank Miss Joyce for the kind and warm hospitality given to me and especially to Marlene for my wonderfull breakfast.

I would love for everyone to experience that peace and quietness that I have experience at Retreat Guesthouse.

I would say to you Retreat Guesthouse is the place to stay on your next visit to Jamaica.
Go experience a Tranquil Moment.

Room Tip: Comfort is in every room.
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

On my recent trip to Jamacia I was undecided whether to stay at the RItz Carlton or Half moon Bay. Surprisingly I came across the Retreat Guest House. I was a little skeptical being as though I never heard of it, the cheap price of $40 a night, and I was not familiar where Falmouth was. Wow from the moment I was picked up at the airport I knew I was in for treat. When I arrived the owner Joyce was there to graciously greet me. She held a sign with my first and last name on it (I felt somewhat of a V.I.P). On the ride there Joyce gave me a little history on Jamacia and the parrish Falmouth, where the guesthouse was located. I told Joyce that I was only here for two days and I just wanted to relax. When we arrived at the house Joyce friendly dog seem as if he was awaiting my arrival. I'm a dog lover and this dog was no exception. The house was absolutely beautiful. I was in such awe over the house that I forgot to take my luggage out of the car. I had only been on the Island for about an hour and already I was planning my next trip. The artwork, furniture, and design of the house was truly breathtaking. The vibe of the guesthouse was that of an relative house and not hotel.I wondered the property in awe for about an half hour before I went to my room. Speaking of the room OMG it was literally like something from a dream. When I opened the door to my room an overwhelming feeling of peace and tranquility took over me. Everything from the linen, drapes, bedding, and flooring was all 5 star quality. The size of the room made me feel as if I was in a penthouse or presidential suite. I was in my room for about 10 minutes when Joyce politely knocked. She had prepared a sandwich and cold red stripe beer. For the next two days I was in Heaven. The beach was amazing not like the other public beach in Jamacia. The water was beautiful and the natives did not harass or bother you at all. The walk to the beach is not far at all about 15 to 20 minutes each way. (the walk back is harder) my favorite part of the trip was the second night Joyce prepared the most delicious dinner I've had in awhile. Joyce mad Curry Shrimp and Curry Chicken with rice and peas and vegetables. I love to eat and the food was finger licking good. Some people complained that the food was too high and that Joyce seem to be greedy. Did these people forget that Joyce is running a business ? Maybe they did forget and that seems to be the problem. It seems as thought Joyce and the guesthouse make you feel so at home that people forget they are customers. I was even guilty of that myself. I felt as though Joyce was an Aunt of mine and should not charge me for a ride to the Airport. By the way on my departure when i got to airport I realized I'd forgot my phone at guesthouse. Surprisingly Joyce hot tailed it back to the hotel, which was about 30 minutes away, to retrieve my phone and make my flight. Although I'd already paid for my ride to airport I'd had expected to pay extra for the double trip. Joyce did not charge me a dime for the double. She gave me a big hug and told me to come back soon. I have to admit I had a tear in my eye but wasn't going to let her see. I'm so glad I did not stay at the Ritz Carlton again. I would recommend this guesthouse to everyone I know and as far as I'm concerned Retreat Guesthouse will always be a home away from home.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Retreat Guesthouse Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!