“Good hotel to stay in Kuwait” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Al Manshar Rotana Hotel

You added Al Manshar Rotana Hotel to your Saves list
Al Manshar Rotana Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   adjacent to Al Manshar and Al Kout Malls | PO Pox 47008, Fahaheel 64021, Kuwait   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fahaheel
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston, Texas
“Good hotel to stay in Kuwait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for one night. The room was very spacious with a separate kitchenette and living room. All the amenities were available including a separate TV in each room. However TVs were small. Staff was very helpful. Dining was a little bit pricey for the quality of the food. Breakfast buffet had a large selection of food although they were not very high quality. Omelette was good. Airport pickup was timely but a regular taxi from the airport was employed instead of a hotel taxi. I would stay in this hotel the next time due to its location and overall service.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the Gulf at a higher floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
AlMansharRotana, General Manager at Al Manshar Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Warm greetings from Kuwait!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you personally for giving us a positive feedback on your stay as well as your comments on the food and prices.

I assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration. On the other hand, it gives me immense pleasure to know that we were able to make your stay with us a memorable one.

Thank you once again and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Pierre Zayoun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Rotana Almanshar Kuwait  between 12-17,Oct 2013 we generally had a pleasant stay. The room was spacious and the breakfast variety was good. However,  it was noisy during the daytime due to the renovation and construction activities for the hotel. Also, they can do better with larger TV screens in the bedrooms.

One major disruption and bitter experience was related to the lack of competency and professionalism of both Duty Manager (Ahmad-Egyptian) and  Relations Manager (Sara-Egyptian). My wife requested laundry service for two clothing pieces (which was not even cleaned properly) and was  surprised when the servant asked for cash payment.  She asked them to charge to the room as we typically do for any Hotel service.  After that the relations manager called and insisted on cash payment and falsely claimed that during check in your husband refused to pay the deposit.  My wife tried to tell her that I am far away from the hotel and she didn't have cash at that time but relations manager insisted and asked to charge against credit card. My wife informed her that it can wait and it's not as if we were gonna run away without paying the $15 laundry!!
After that my wife received a call from the Ahmad-duty manager who asked for the same thing and claimed that i refused to pay the deposit without bothering to check the guest file. What's worse is that he claimed that my wife accused the hotel was stealing us.  After that the Sara called again and said they settled everything and clarified that she heard the manager false accusation but couldn't say anything at that time because he is her manager so my wife asked her to correct his information.

The next day during check out we informed the front disk assistant (Sasika) about what happened and she apologised to us and confirmed that a deposit was charged in advance for the complete stay and was available on file. I had tried to contact the general manager Piere but unfortunately he was on leave.
Later on the same day Ahmad called us in an attempt to distort the facts and tried to justify different understandings of the occurred discussions which we didn't buy.  He  accused Sara about the whole misunderstanding although it should have been part of his duty to check the files and clean up their internal mess before contacting my wife and not claiming false statements.

Such individual misbehaviour and unprofessionalism reflects negatively on the hotels reputation which we had great experiences specially that in Abudhabi.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
AlMansharRotana, General Manager at Al Manshar Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Warm greetings!

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write back on your personal experience with us. On behalf of my colleagues, I sincerely apologize for the way that you and your wife were dealt with during your stay with us.

Please be assured that I am looking into this issue personally, rest assured that appropriate action to avoid the recurrence of such incidents in the future will be taken.

Once again, please do accept my sincere apology as it is through our valued customers such as yourself, that we look to improve on the areas mentioned.

Thank you and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back once again.

Best regards,

Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I've spent only one night in this hotel and it was nice. It's a nice, trendy, clean, and spacious hotel with a sea view!

Checking in and out was smooth, breakfast is decent but the waiters didn't seem to be that professional because they were moving all over the place with not much work getting done! You may ask for a tea 3 times in a row and they would say "Yes sir" and leave you hanging lol.

Another issue was that the bedroom of the classic suite had no natural light since only the living room had a window. It didn't bother us much as we didn't have a long stay there.

Kuwait city is pretty far (around 20-30 min drive) but still it's in a live area and there's a nice mall and many other shops around the hotel.

Overall the experience was nice and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Warm greetings!

Thank you very much for your positive reviews on the Hotel and additionally, I sincerely do appreciate your feedback on the mentioned areas which we require to work on. It is through your comments that help us to strive in making Al Manshar Rotana, the Hotel of every travelers choice.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back once again.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have had 2 opportunities to go to the Al Manshar Rotana in August of 2012 and August 2013. The breakfast was great. The room and views fantastic. The roof top pool is very relaxing with a view of the Persian Gulf. It is a 5 minute walk to the Sultan Center, a grocery store, and the Al Kout Mall, a smaller mall with about a dozen food places in the Food Court of both local and Western choices.

Both Abdou and Vincent went above and beyond the call of duty to help me resolve a few cultural issues I was not familiar with..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
AlMansharRotana, General Manager at Al Manshar Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Greetings from Al Manshar Rotana!

I am glad that my colleagues were able to contribute in making your stay with us a memorable one, in addition to the comments you have mentioned on our location and facilities that you were able to experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon where we promise you with many more treasured moments.

Lonon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We tried to book this hotel but their website crashed so I ended up at the Hilton Kuwait (hellish - see my separate review). We could'nt book at this Rotana Hotel despite 5 calls London - Kuwait. So we gave up. We were told they do not have any double bedrooms - no good when you are travelling with you daughter. I just could not understand this.

I love Rotana Hotels so even though we were not able to stay there we went there for lunch. We had a wonderful buffet lunch which was absolutely delicious. It was wonderful to be in what felt like familiar surroundings having stayed at Al Bustan Rotana in Dubai twice.

The truth is the only time I was actually relaxed in Kuwait was when I took my daughter to this hotel for lunch. We were able to use the business centre to internet search local shopping malls and the man in there kindly welcomed us which is the Rotana way.

My only concern was the very strong smell of cigarette smoke in that building. I never experienced that when we stayed in Dubai on either occasion.

The location is a bit poor but the lovely concierge staff were able to advice us.

If it had not been so smokey I would have checked out of the Hilton in a heart beat if there was a double room at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
AlMansharRotana, General Manager at Al Manshar Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Warm greetings!

I am extremely glad that though you were not staying with us, your visit to the Hotel for lunch was able to add to your memorable experience with Rotana Hotels.

I do apologize for the non availability of room type as per your request. Additionally, thank you very much for your sincere feedback on the smoke odor at the Hotel. We certainly will take your comments into consideration as we look to improve our services only with feedback from valued clients such as yourself.

Thank you once again and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you during your next visit to Kuwait.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed one night at the Al Manshar Rotana hotel for business. The hotel is clean, safe and in good condition. The staff are welcoming and helpful. The breakfast buffet is very good with a wide selection of choices and the cooking station made a very good omelet. The airport pick-up was not as smooth as it could have been. When I arrived and passed customs, there were many hotel concierges waiting for customers, but none from the Rotana. One of the other hotels called the Rotana person and let them know I was waiting for them. After 10 minutes, he finally arrived, but then I had to wait an additional 20 minutes for another passenger to clear customs. The hotel needs to arrange multiple drivers to keep customers from having to wait too long.
Besides the airport pick-up the rest of the stay was good. I will probably stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
AlMansharRotana, General Manager at Al Manshar Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Warm greetings from Kuwait!

I am glad that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. Additionally, your feedback on our services is much appreciated.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience that we may have caused you with regards to your feedback on the Airport representative and the waiting time.

Comments from our valued clients such as yourself is always looked into in order to ensure that your future stays with us will be an overall memorable one.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was my first time staying in Kuwait. The hotel overall is nice. The rooms are equipped with a mini kitchen (minus the stove). Located in Fahaheel, it is convenient to shopping centers and restaurants. The rooms are spacious with lounge area. The beds are so comfy and you can request for type of pillows- feather, foam, soft, hard, etc for even a better rest. The rain shower head in the bathroom was my favorite.

The restaurant staff are very friendly and the variety of choices offered. It's nice to know the hotel restaurant manager remembers the type of coffee you enjoy in the morning. The Room Service manager made me a special chocolate cake for my birthday. I came back from work and there it was in my room. Made my day after a long long tiring work day.

The upper management staff does need some review lessons on customer service. But overall, I had a pleasant 2 month stay.

Room Tip: Ask a room away from the service elevators. First room was near one and heard loud banging/noise mid...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
AlMansharRotana, General Manager at Al Manshar Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Warm greetings and thank you very much for your positive feedback.

I am glad that our service and my colleagues were able to contribute in making your stay with us a memorable one.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back once again.

Pierre Zayoun

Been to Al Manshar Rotana Hotel? Share your experiences!