“Fabulous food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 48 Restaurants in Stowmarket
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Buxhall Coach House is an intimate family run restaurant in the heart of rural Suffolk. It is a perfect place for couples and families alike. All our food is home made from the bread to the pasta and as many ingredients as possible are locally sourced and the best quality authentic Italian ingredients are imported directly from local producers in Italy. We look forward to welcoming you to enjoy delicious Italian inspired and authentic dishes with carefully selected Italian wines. We also have a lovely private dining room that can seat 12 with French doors onto the park. Our terrace has heated parasols for eating alfresco whatever the weather. Lunch is available from Thursday to Sunday as well as dinner from Wednesday to Saturday. Booking is essential.
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This restaurant is just fantastic!! I would say it is without doubt the best Italian food I have ever tasted. The family are so welcoming and the surroundings are wonderful. Make sure you book well in advance it is very popular

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Suffolk
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Having looked forward to eating at The Buxhall Coach House for months, we've just returned from a disappointing evening out. Tables too close together, we felt squashed against the wall, uncomfortable chairs and too close to the table next to us, the waitresses knocked in my husband so many times, and plates had to be passed across the table as the waitresses couldn't get round the table ! Having arrived at 7.30 we waited 45 mins for our starters, my starter arrived 10 mins before everyone else. The scallops were superbly cooked though my buffalo mozzarella was tasty, but a very small portion. We then waited so long for our main course we played "I spy" to fill the time !! Almost 90 mins later we finally got our main course, two sea-bass, one steak, one pasta. The steak was described as "one of the best I've ever had". My pasta cost £16.95 and was disappointedly small, though to be fair when we complained the cost was deducted from our bill. The desserts sounded lovely but we really couldn't be bothered to wait any longer so left without sampling them. Total bill for four people, with a bottle of wine, 3 glasses of wine & a glass of water came to £143.50 (bearing in mind one main course was "free"). Upon leaving the restaurant we found cars parked haphazardly and had to negotiate our way out carefully to avoid knocking wing mirrors. We are fortunate to be surrounded by some very good restaurants/gastro pubs and have had many more enjoyable evenings at a much lower cost. Personally I would be reluctant to return and none of us would recommend the restaurant to others. We are writing this review en masse, trying to be fair, but would definitely recommend avoiding Saturdays.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lavenham, United Kingdom
“Really expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Great food and hosting,wonderful ambience. Make sure you have really deep pockets,probably the most expensive restaurant in Suffolk..

“Superb Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Today we went to the Buxhall Coach House for our lunch. What can I say it was just superb. My husband started with the chicken livers on toast which is a dish he always enjoys but said today it was outstanding. I didn't have a starter as such as I have a sweet tooth and wanted to save some room for a desert. However, I did indulge some of the home made bread which was very good. For my main I went for the Chef's Signature pasta dish with beef and pork. Very tasty and thoroughly enjoyed it. My husband had the Rack of Lamb which was cooked to perfection and so tender. He is still talking about it 7 hours later. For desert I had the gooey merengue with berries and cream. Got to be my favourite . My husband had the chocolate pudding. It was just a very leisurely lunch as whatever you order is freshly cooked. If you like really good food, cooked to perfection, served really hot and presented to perfection then you must visit this restaurant. The Buxhall Coach House is in a beautiful parkland setting and the daffodils all around we're superb now that the sun has decided to put in an appearance.

• Visited April 2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Innovative,inspiring....just Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

A fabulously intimate setting shared with attentive service and mouthwatering food.This is truly worth a visit as everything ticked the box from start to finish.

• Visited April 2013