“Excellent quality, great venue and decent ales...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 46 restaurants in Stowmarket
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: 17 Century freehouse and restaurant exposed timberframe dining room ingle nook fireplace with roaring log fire from light lunches to fine dining
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
“Excellent quality, great venue and decent ales...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

.....all combine to make this a hugely enjoyable meal out. The service is swift and the menu choices extensive, including vegetarian.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Very high quality food in rural Suffolk.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I was so impressed by my lunch at the Buxhall Crown today that I felt move dot write my first online review of the experience.

A beautiful pub, with charming garden, deep in the heart of rural Suffolk offering food of a really outstanding quality. The pork belly I ordered was the best I have ever experienced and the friend dining with me enjoyed a pheasant that was cooked to perfection. The service was extremely efficient and courteous without being at all obtrusive and the welcome was warm and inviting. My dining partner andI have already agreed to make a monthly visit to work our way through the exciting and varied menu! This definitely ranks as one of my top ten eating out experiences and I would unreservedly recommend it to others.

Stowmarket, United Kingdom
“Country Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

A real gem of a country pub with fantastic uninterrupted view coupled with a fantastic welcome and excellent food. A toasty log burner welcomes you in the bar area as you arrive and there is a well balanced menu to choose from. Scallops and pear and stilton salad beautiful. Steak simply devine, wonderfully cooked and the chips are like nothing you will have ever tasted before. Beware though all those calorie counters this pub is not one of those that you can pass on the dessert!! Bread and butter pudding with real custard, need I say more?

Highly recommended, well worth a visit.

england
“Sunday Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

After a good walk the three of us in our walking boots were looking forward to our Sunday Lunch at this lovely place. It is now a Freehouse, which is great, and I had a wonderful pint of Adnams. Very warm welcome. Very quick service, and we all had the roast beef which was cooked to perfection. It came with lovely roast potatoes and vegetables. Only criticism is that the food could have been warmer, perhaps I should have said something but didn't. Two of us had the creme brulee, and the other member of the party had the sticky toffee pudding, thumbs up to all these! Overall a big thumbs up, and I wish them well - definately worth a visit!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We took a drive out to the Buxhall Crown today for lunch with some friends , what a lovely lunch we had well presented by the landlord who is very pleasent and accomadating.. The menu is very good with something for everyone I had the belly pork my husband had the lamb and our friends had the chicken and everyone commented how nice it was . We will be returning its good to find some where so good and so close to home .

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere