Exceptionally beautiful island, relax atmosphere, lovely people but …
WATCH OUT for MAJOR TOURIST TRAP at the DELCOMAR FERRY
There are different companies that go back and forth between Palau and Maddalena and there are huge price differences between companies ( +/- 100%). The most expensive one is DELCOMAR.
They use malicious tricks to lure you on board:
• They have people on the quay in fluo jackets, looking like officials waving torches rushing you to get you on board.
• They take your ID card or driver license.
• They wrongly claim it’s the same price everywhere.
• Once on board, there is no way back, you pay twice the price you would pay to another company (e.g. 43 EUR 1 car two adults, vs. 22 EUR with SAREMAR)
• Staff is trained to handle protests in an arrogant way.
• Even on land they have no such thing as an official pricelist you can consult and compare.
It’s a shame for the beautiful Maddalena island, it’s a shame for the wonderful people of Sardinia.
My advice is :"Buy your tickets in Palua at the ticket booth, take the SAREMAR ferry and enjoy the lovely islands."
If you own or manage Parco Nazionale dell'Arcipelago di La Maddalena, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.