“A Wonderful Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

You added Cielito Sur Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Cielito Sur Bed and Breakfast
Via Volcan - Cerro Punta | Nueva Suiza, Cerro Punta, Panama   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Cerro Punta B&B and Inns
“A Wonderful Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Cielito Sur B&B was our favorite B&B; we were in Panama for 2 weeks. The room was spacious and comfortable, the grounds gorgeous, the breakfasts outstanding. I particularly liked sitting on the common terrace watching the hummingbirds drink their nectar and other birds feasting on the fruit and seeds. And it was fun comparing experiences with the other guests and learning about the area from Janet and Glenn. I also took advantage of the computer set up for the guests in a lounge. We were glad that we had rented a car to visit other sites in the area: Finca Dracula, the Quetzal Trail, and the town of Volcan. We tried different places to eat and found Fanny's Terrace a favorite for lunch, very close to the B&B. I highly recommend Cielito Sur.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Durango, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My wife and I stayed in approximately 12 bed and breakfast / hotels while traveling throughout Panama. Our stay at Cielito Sur rates among the best in: comfortable beds, wifi coverage, and pleasant surroundings. The owners were very helpful and knowledgeable about the area and Panama. They provided a very good breakfast and packed a lunch for our hiking trip.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Boquete, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Everything about this B&B is wonderful. Glen and Janet are gracious hosts. The gardens and birds at the feeders are spectacular. The rooms are charming-- each decorated in the artwork of one of the Panamanian Indian groups.

Room Tip: all the rooms are lovely. At one time or another we have stayed in each room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

My wife and I stayed with Janet and Glenn on our honeymoon. It was the highlight of our trip to Panama. The room was clean and decorated with nice local art and sculptures, the bed was comfortable. There was Glenn's lovely home-roasted coffee in the kitchen drawer. The breakfasts were just spectacular. The grounds are a botanist's paradise. Volcan Baru is close by and provided some challenging hiking with breathtaking views. We didn't have a car but there is a bus service that runs past the property every 15 minutes. So you see, birds aren't really our thing and we STILL think this place is one in a million! Looking forward to visiting again.

Cedar Park, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Hosts Glenn and Janet daily set out fruit for a raised platform, for viewing by standing or sitting on the terrace chairs by the guest rooms. Many kinds of male and female tanagers could be distinguished plus other birds like the buff-throated saltator, and various wrens and euphonias. Winter migrants like the rose-breasted grosbeaks were fun to see over and again and photograph. On our arrival day, I saw the one bird I'd wanted to see, the red-headed barbet and so that alone made my 6 day stay complete. 12 varieties of hummingbirds fill the air, drinking from their many feeders giving us opportunity to discern the different varieties. Glenn occasionally came by the terrace to visit and gave me help in identifying unknown birds, and shared stories and insights. He helped me to line up Chaly and Deibys as birding guides for very reasonable prices. It was an ideal location for going out birding into the national parks and forest. The extensive B&B grounds are very pleasant, and usually my wife stayed around while I went out in search of unseen species, such as the Resplendent Quetzal (which I found just a few miles away). Convenient location for trips to Cerra Punta and Volcan, by car or bus. I found it on-line and thought it would be perfect, and it fully met my hopes and expectations.

Room Tip: Each room is named for a Panamanian native tribe and has crafts from that tribe. Our Teribe room wa...
Bellbrook, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed with Glen and Janet for 3 nights and loved every moment of it. The delicious breakfast that was handmade by Janet accompanied by the coffee that Glen grows. WOW! Wouldn't that be enough to jump start the perfect day. But it doesn't stop there....as soon as the sun comes up the bird action starts at the feeders. They have hummingbirds and all kinds of beautiful birds visiting the other feeders. One could sit for hours just watching all the activity at the feeders and never grow tired of it. The room was beautiful and the bed was sooo comfy! The showers were great. I can't say enough good things about this place. Glen was always ready with suggestions about where we should go look for other birds in the area. We viewd the Resplendant Quetzal every day about 10 minutes from their B&B. That is an amazing bird! My husband is a bird photographer and he just couldn't get enough of all the eye candy at Cielito Sur and in the area. His camera quit and Glen let him use his for a couple of day...above an beyond the call of duty. That's the kind of people they are! Thank you so much for such a wonderful stay Glen and Janet!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at this wonderful little paradise for 2 nights and it was one of our best stays in our drive around Panama. Glen and Janet certainly are due the accolades others have heaped on them.
Rather than re-iterate the many great things about this place and the attention and care shown by the hosts that others have noted I will just note the following:
Be sure to walk the grounds it is fantastic what has been done i.e. flowers, trees etc my wife the gardener was forever taking pictures. The naranjilla juice prepared and made available for breakfast from fruits grown right on the property was a welcomed treat for me. I had several glasses.
Little welcomed details, like remote gate opener and if I recall correctly flashlight on key chain for room, separate garbage chutes for organic and non-organic waste.

My only complaint for our stay was a ring around the bathroom tub. I had to wonder if this was simple oversight as all else was very clean.

We would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cielito Sur Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!