This was the one splurge of our trip and what a worthwhile splurge. The restaurant has delicious food, much of it grown on their very own farm. The staff is friendly. There are many thing to do including a small coffee museum, orchid garden, tours of the farm and coffee plantation, visiting the arts and crafts shop, hiking, explore the chapel, try to spot monkeys (you can hear them), enjoy the beautiful views. We were lucky enough to meet the owners who are very passionate about the eco friendly aspect of the lodge as well as the well being of their staff. We got a cabin which was clean, quiet, comfortable, and cute. At night we got to sit out on the porch in rocking chairs (made at the lodge) and watch the curious frogs come check us out. I would definitely come back here and definitely recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a full-service ecolodge, organic farm, and bird-friendly coffee estate in the Highlands of Northern Nicaragua. Whether you are searching for wildlife, touring the Ruta de Cafe, or simply relaxing in a romantic getaway, we know you'll enjoy your stay. We are a vacation spot you can be proud to support. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Selva Negra Mountain Hotel Matagalpa
- Selva Negra Mountain Matagalpa
- Selva Negra Mountain Resort Nicaragua/Matagalpa