This place is near perfect. Incredible location on the island that delivers the perfect carribean breeze to your casita. They are somewhat basic accommodations, a small bathroom, a couple screened windows, bed and a futon, but it has everthing you need. The ones facing the ocean have little balconies with chairs and hammocks. The sound of the waves and the ocean breezes put me to sleep without fail. They do have casitas not facing the ocean that are about half the price. Though I have not stayed in them, our friends did and they looked the same as our minus the view. They were actually a pretty good deal, though we won't give up our ocean view. Standard Nicaraguan lack of hot water, not a big deal, I shaved a lot less;-) The clubhouse that is on a bluff overlooking the ocean has decent Internet and breathtaking views. The food is actually pretty good and there is a variety of items for breakfast and lunch. Dinner looked good but required reservations and was a bit overpriced IMHO. It can be a fun place to have some drinks as one of the best things on the island are the cool people on it, usually the dive staff from dive little corn will hang around after dinner. Bring flashlights as the walk to/from 'town' is dark and you might step on a crab. The staff is incredibly helpful and nice, from the bar staff to the groundskeepers, everyone is great. Have stayed in a few places on the island including one of the two that have AC, and this is my favorite by far!
- Also Known As:
- Casa Iguana Hotel Little Corn Island
- Casa Iguana Little Corn Island
- Casa Iguana Hotel
- Casa Iguana Little Corn Island, Nicaragua - Corn Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean as it used to be: An island, a culture, and a way of life that hasn't yet felt the impact of the 20th century. Opening its doors in 1994, CI became Nicaragua's first eco-lodge. Relax on its 40 acre reserve and explore its secret coves, jungle and farm. Whether or not you are a guest at Casa Iguana, we invite you to join us for our famous breakfast, lunch or dinner and enjoy cocktails and lounging in our lodge to take in the best view on the island and meet interesting people! ... more less