“best of LCI” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Little Corn Beach and Bungalow

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Corn Island
Little Corn Beach and Bungalow
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Playa Conchal, Costa Rica
“best of LCI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Having been disappointed with other accommodation options on the island, we finally found what we were looking for at this truly excellent property. Beautiful wooden cabinas, steps from the beach, built with a worthy environmental policy using recycled materials and a rainwater collection system. There's also a generator to provide extra power when necessary. Lovely staff, good management and a great restaurant on site providing good value, tasty and interesting 4-course dinners, also great breakfast and lunch menus, wine list and cocktails. Loved the hammocks and the ocean breeze, and I can't wait to return. In a higher price range than other accommodation but if you're looking for a romantic, peaceful, idyllic island getaway it's really worth spending the extra.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Mt. Pleasant
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I love everything about this place, Scott and Christine, you guys were wonderful. It goes without saying that the location was perfect. You walk out of your bungalow and there's the beach only a few feet away. I love that there are yoga classes and massages should you overexert yourself while laying on the beach:)
What help me and my husband forget the rest of the world was "The Bushman". For those of you who have stayed at LCBB you know what four legged beach guide I'm talking about.
For those of you who are looking to forget you hectic life for a few days and enjoy the beach and sun, it's worth having an opportunity to meet Bushman. You might want to take him home if you're an animal lover.

Panajachel, Solola, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We traveled to Little Corn island hoping for an experience that would feel like a true getaway from the rest of this world, and that is exactly what we got. The island is small and secluded, with no roads or motorized vehicles. It takes some time to get to, with a flight to Big Corn then a panga to the little island, then a little walk to the hotel - but the seclusion is exactly what makes this place so charming. The setting of Little Corn B&B is perfect. Cabanas are steps from the water. You can see clear out into the ocean with nothing blocking the horizon, and at nighttime you can see a gorgeous clear sky of stars. The service and upkeep at the hotel is way above and beyond. The staff clears the beach every morning, rakes the sand pathways from your cabana to the water, changes out the bucket of water in front of your cabana where you wash your feet off, and just keeps everything looking clean so you can really enjoy nature's beauty. The food was absolutely delicious, 4 amazing courses for a great price. Also, the hotel has the best cookies I've ever had in my life. There is only one thing that slightly bothered my boyfriend and I at this hotel and that was the music in the restaurant area. It was usually a playlist of American country songs, and not exactly what we wanted to be listening to while relaxing on a secluded island in Central America and staring out into the vast ocean. Nonetheless, the hotel with its location, service, and food still gets a five star rating and we can't wait to go back.

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

What a wonderful place for relaxation. The atomosphere was perfect. The property is on the other side of the island where you are dropped off from the ponga from Big Corn Island. They have someone meet you with a wheel barrel for your luggage, and we followed him through the woods on a small path. I personally liked that side of the island better, there was much more breeze on that side of the island.

We had the Gulliver suite and the D and A package. The casita itself was very nice. Ours had a couple of fans that faced the bed, which definately came in handy at night for a nice night of sleeping, otherwise, I think it might be a bit hot for me. We had a loft, but we did not use it.

The D and A package worked for us. We did not have to worry about the bill at the end for food and drinks, we ate all our meals there. Although if you do not want to do the D and A package, the prices are very reasonable. Regarding the food, it was fantastic!! The "famous" pork sliders where very good, I would highly recommend them. The only one dish I was a little disappointed in was the filet mignon, mine was very grisly, however, others had said theirs was fine, so I must just got the one out of the bunch that was tough. My other reccomendation is the Coconut french toast. Yum

You can be as much activities as you would like, or nothing at all. We spent a lot of time on the hammocks, and the chairs facing the beach with the nice breeze. You can use the kayaks (which we did) and paddle around the turqouise water. The water where the Bungalow is, is very shallow, so you need to walk down the beach some for snorkling. We went to the other side of the island (a ten min walk) to go scuba diving.

The staff was excellent. Great, great, great service. The owners really were nice, and do everything they can to make you stay a magical one. .

We were on the island when the whole island did not have electricity, so every place was running on their own generators. So electricity is only on in the evening in the room. The only complaint about that was there was no hot water for my shower, but obviously that was not any fault of the bungalows.

Great place to stay, you will not be disappointed.

Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Little Corn Beach and Bungalow (LCBB) is even better than advertised. Even my wife was pleased : ) This was our first trip to Nicaragua - usually we go to the Bahamas.
1) The travel to the island was as described: flights to Managua then to Big Corn Island, then the Panga to Little Corn, and a 15 minute hike to the Hotel (the staff met us at the dock to carry our luggage). No problems with the travel, just a long day. (Details: $10 pp entry tax at Managua imigration; $2 pp tax for La Costenga airlines; $.25 pp tax for the Panga - one dollar confuses them, until we said "no change please"; and the cab from the Big Corn airport to the Panga was $1 each---who knows when the prices will change, but things are inexpensive so bring plenty of small bills.)
2) We arrived on the afternoon Panga, so it was dark when we got to LCBB. The staff greeted us and told us about the resort, showed us our room, and left us to get organized. We were tired and chose to have drinks, eat dinner and go to bed.
3)LCBB is great. We booked the Crusoe cabin with the king bed, no loft. The bed was really comfy and we are picky. We also booked the D and A package. This was a perfect choice for us...I was able to use the kayaks when I wanted, I never had to worry about meals, the beer was cold and unlimited (we love the Tonya), and the water was good and safe (I have traveled to Mexico, Belize, and Guatemala many times in the past and I always get ill -sometimes really badly -for a few days. On this trip, I never had a problem!)
4)Food. Awesome! Our favorite breakfasts were the French Toast and Eggs Benedict. For lunch, the fish tacos barely outshone the cheeseburger. Dinner had so many good choices, but our favorite was the fish with the curry sauce (made with coconut milk - you will have a lot of coconut on the island, served in different ways, all good). Of course the grass fed beef filet or the local lobster were darn good too. Not to mention the salads and desserts from the four course dinner...I would say that we did not have one bad meal in six days. The portions were enough that we could split a breakfast and lunch, and often did. (we never split dinner, which was why we were so full in the mornings). And the coffee is great!
5)Activities. I like to fish. My wife likes to snorkel and read. We did not come here to use computers or phones, so we did not (though you could, but I have no idea of the internet speed).
The snorkeling was good-$15 pp or less if on the D and A package and they pick you up at the resort beach. We brought our own gear, but you do not need to. The guides, and a guide is in the water with you at all times, have a snorkeling route and covers a lot of ground. If you want to go slowly, you might want to talk to the guide in advance. The coral is nice though it is bleached and broken in a lot of places. The staghorn coral is the standout here. The fish are in good numbers, but to see the big fish you will probably have to do a dive trip. It was apparent to me that the reef has been heavily fished over the years. Don't be discouraged though, it was absolutely worth the time to snorkel...there are turtles, rays and big nurse sharks in good numbers.
Fishing. We hired a guide to take us trolling. $100 (less on the D and A package) for 3 hours of trolling off the reef for barracuda and king mackeral. They would take you bottom fishing if you asked. We caught some fish and had a nice time. Details: the boat was a Panga, the seats were hard, the gear is old but functional, there is no cooler with ice, and the guides are great - we had fun. I also brought a spin rod with 10lb test to fish from the beach for Bonefish. I did really well on 2 to 5 lb fish and had a blast. Next time I will bring a fly rod. And it was free...The fishing here reminds me of what Hemingway's days must have been like in his day!
Reading and Relaxing. We had great weather...85 degrees, mostly sunny, 10 to 15 mph East wind (you are facing East on the resort beach). The resort has hammocks in the shade, wood chairs in your cabins and near the beach (they are better with a towel if you sit for a while - cushions would be better), and beach towels were provided by LCBB. The beach is narrow and the sun is gone by 3pm or so. Of course it gets light at 5am and is dark by 6pm (you are near the equator). My wife brought an inflatible pillow and read a lot of books comfortably in the sun. I fished and swam.
Things of note: There is no shopping on the island. Drink the rum and Tonya beer if you like those type of beverages. Hire a guide for a walking tour of the island. Bring bug spray, but don't expect to use much unless the wind dies. Cold showers feel great, because it is not really cold. Don't come if you do not like camping... Bring lots of books and plan to leave them. Have fun!

Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Literally one of the best places I have ever stayed. Food was superb, room was immaculate and the owners were very charming, very reasonable prices too. I really liked the attention to detail in the rooms and restaurant and it is clear that a lot of care has gone into designing the cabins and also in trying to minimize the environmental impact on the island. Travel accommodation rarely leaves much of an impression on me but this place definitely stands out as a real gem. I can't wait to go back and i highly recommend it to anybody planning to visit Little Corn.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

If you're looking for relaxing beachside holiday then LCBB is the perfect place for you. The bungalows we stayed in were delightful and the bed unexpectedly comfortable for such a low-key location. When you're not in bed there are also several hammocks to lie in strung up amongst the dense palm trees sheltering the property from the seashore.

After sleep the second most important thing on a holiday is food. The meals at the restaurant are terrific and everything on the menu is worth sampling at least once during your stay. We only dined out elsewhere once. The lobster portions are huge and the pulled pork sandwiches are something to write home about. I also really enjoyed the coconut and chocolate cookies and pina coladas.

The yoga at Firefly studio was great and offered daily. The open-air studio is nestled in the palm forest behind the bungalows, providing a tranquil setting to stretch and meditate. Sarah the teacher is really sweet and engaging. All levels are accommodated and she can tailor the instruction on the spot to isolate and soothe any aches in the body. Massage is also available.

LCBB really is the best place for you to stay. Book it now!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Little Corn Beach and Bungalow? Share your experiences!