“The BEST place to eat in Coban!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Antigua Guatemala, Sacatepequez, Guatemala
“The BEST place to eat in Coban!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Oh man... where do I start? This is a MUST visit. The food, the service, the ambiance is amazing.

I have LOVED everything I have eaten there.

The soups- amazing! Try the traditional Argentinian soup. I love the salad with fruit. The spinach ravioli is the best I've had anywhere. I don't even know where to start with desserts- they are all so amazing. I loved the pears with blue cheese and flan.

I wish I could give this place more than 5 stars.

Visited October 2012

100% Recommend
San Francisco, California
“Fantastic Restaurant in Coban”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We satyed in Coban for two nights and both nights we had dinner at La Abadia restaurant. It is a small cozy place with excellent food and atmosphere. The owners - a husband and wife - are very creative with the food. The quality and presentation of the food is excellent. The atmosphere in this old colonial building is warm and inviting. Highly recommend it.

• Visited August 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

If you are looking for an excellent place to eat in Coban; this is the place. They have only a couple of tables and the room is very inviting as the hosts.
The menu is just right, not too many options but still enough for different tastes. What you get is outstanding in quality and a bit different than other places in Guatemala.

Visited June 2012
Coban
“La Abadia Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Very nice cozy atmosphere... with excellent food and service. I enjoyed the onion soup... especially on the rainy night I was there. My main entre was a pasta with shrimp and chicken in a very nice spicy Thai sauce... just what I needed to warm me up... the noodles were cooked perfectly... and the heat of the sauce was excellent. I ordered a bottle of Malbec wine... and was pleasantly surprised when I was offered a airator to help take the edge off a freshly opened bottle of wine. The restaurant only serves 5 tables at a time... so a reservation is a good idea... the small size and soft lightening makes for a very comfortable and intimate dining experience. I chose the ice cream with a blackberry sauce made with wine... perfect choice as I finished my final glass of wine. If you have someone special to take out to dinner... this is the place for a quite and romantic meal. Otherwise, I'm sure you will enjoy treating yourself to an excelent meal as I did dining alone.

• Visited April 2012
Beverly Hills, California
“Great ambiance and equally good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

This place would be at home in any modern metropolitan city, but it's tucked away in a small city in Guatemala. But if you're heading to the popular tourist destinations in Lanquin, like Semuc Champey, make sure to stop in the city of Coban and make your way to La Abadia!

I ate there a couple times and the food is flavorful, interesting, and there's a lot of it (something a big eater like me enjoys). The personal service from the proprietors is warm and welcoming as well.

And there's fast wifi!