“Excellent company and great experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 Activities in Takua Pa
4.5 of 5 stars 219 Reviews
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to one of South East Asia leading PADI 5 Star IDC Centers.Khao Lak Scuba AdventuresWe offer:-PADI Courses-PADI PRO Development-Diving and Snorkeling Daytrips -Liveaboard Trips-great diving with over 10 years international Experience
Sydney, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“Excellent company and great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I am not an experienced diver - I don't have a licence but have done one "discover" scuba dive in Malaysia. Did another one with this company in khao lak as a day trip to the similan islands. I went with one friend who is an advanced diver and two friends who just did snorkeling. The company was excellent - well organized, knowledgeable and safe. Our guide Becky was great and enthusiastic. It was awesome because it was maximum 4 divers to each instructor. We did two dives in the day and say three big turtles, lots of amazing fish. We even did a "drift dive" which was a great experience. Highly recommend this company. Lunch is included and drinks.

Visited April 2012

Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I am an avid diver and looked for a good company to arrange a day trip to Similan. I chose scuba adventures because of the good reviews and also because when I walked in the staff were very friendly and answered all my questions.
While Similan islands diving is not the best in the world ( red sea is much much better), the trip was very well organized, professional, on time with great service ( even the food was very good considering its on a boat).
The best thing about this company is that they use their own boats and equipment so it's very well taken care off and gives a good overall feeling.
The staff is very helpful - they even prepare your diving equipment so all you need to do is put in on and dive to the water.
I read some of the bad reviews and I think people are expecting too much... They need to pay for a private diving trip if that is what they expect. My wife and I had a great experience and I definitely recommend scuba adventures for Similan islands diving.

Visited April 2012
Singapore, Singapore
8 attraction reviews
“Richelieu Rock is diver's heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Top ten dive site in the world, what can i say? :)

My first LOB, this is my experience.

Price
Trust me, they are the cheapest.

Dive
Best dive must be Richelieu Rock, BEAUTIFUL CORAL, even better than Sipadan, BUT there's so many divers, kinda more than the fishes!!! And many of them do not practice underwater etiquette(like resting on soft coral?!), very disturbing.
Bonsung wreck is beautiful, there are things to see almost everywhere, yes, i mean everywhere. i dont mind doing full day of diving there. Best wreck ever.
At Kon Bon manta cleaning station, but didn't get to see any rays, for 2 consecutive trip, very disappointing.
No leopard sharks spotted, major disappointment too.
Current the worse i ever experienced, so do hide well with the burrows.

Accomodation
Like all LOB, the mattress is like really thin,not very comfy. The A/C SUCKS MAX!! Do note to request room of starboard side, port side is like suana rooms, HOT and stuffy, woken by the humidity!!!!

There’s a variety of food quite limited, and kinda repeating, but it taste really good. And its buffet style, their serving kinda not enough cos most onboard are Caucasians who mostly bigger appetite. Truly home-cooked Thai food.
Coffee and tea is free flow, with breads to toast yourself, good for surface interval.

Whats best?
The international DMs are brillant, esp Prue and Kate
The boat crews, they are the best ever, pls do tip them MORE cos they truly deserve it. :)

And yes, Eat,Sleep,Dive REPEAT!

Visited February 2012
Berlin, Germany
3 attraction reviews
“Very Well Organised and more than our Expectation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

It was once great experience :). I really loved the Liveaboard with KSA. I enjoy every single dive that we made.
All is like what they planned. Very well organised, briefing, safety, anything that you can think of. And our boat was the luckiest I guess. Sunshine all the 4 days 4 nites trip. The Manta Queen I trip #22. We ve got the chance to see, swim and greeted by the Super beautiful Monster Whale Sark, 5m, also the Gigantic Oceanic Manta 5m or so, the baby shark and as well many many nudibranches, Harlequin Shrimp, etc, etc. I'm very happy with what I have seen. It doesnt happen all the time.
The only cons that I can mention is on our trip there is no Thai Dive Master, eventhough our Swedish divemaster was an excellent guy, but to have a Thai Dive Master always on the boat would be a complete experience :)
I definitly will reccomended this dive center and this trip.

Visited January 2012
Melbourne, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“DIving the Similans”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

The Khao Lak Scuba Adventures are well organized. The reseller network was well in place, the materials I saw at the Phi Phi dive center were quite comprehensive, the discount table well defined (kudos for the professional's discount!), so I jumped in on the experience. I wasn’t to be disappointed. While walking around Khao Lak I had the chance to discover their tech diving brand, and the brief contact I had with them for the transfers was a good one. They picked me up from Phuket 3 days before the diving trip, and again from the hotel I was staying, in the day of the adventure start.

The boat was a budget one but quite comfortable. The beds were a bit tough, and the air con was on during the night for the dismay of many divers – I was on a 4 bed room, so the air renovation was quite welcomed! This aside, the whole dive – eat- sleep –repeat experience was a very positive one. The guides were very social, the boat crew always there to help you. The food was great: nothing like coming out of the third dive and have fried banana or banana pancakes waiting for us!

The diving was very good. We did the Similans on the first and second day, Koh Bon on the second day, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock on the third day. In the last day (2 dives) we returned to Koh Bon and then closer to mainland, the Boonsung Wreck

Full dive review and photos at http://lifesauntering.blogspot.com/2012/01/diving-similans.html

Visited January 2012