“Maybe, it was just my bad (luck) experience.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa

You added Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   246 Moo 4 Sukhumvit Road, Km 157 | Na Jomtien, Sattahip 20250, Thailand   |
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Sattahip
Bangkok, Thailand
“Maybe, it was just my bad (luck) experience.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I've visit here for an internal conference.
First of impression was the service, staffs are friendly and helpful.
Secondly, the function rooms are nice and well decorate.
Thridly, the hotel pools are very beautiful.
In room hotel, standard hotel with wood decorated style.

However, I just realized 3 hours later that I've lost my iphone in the function room.
I've checked with the front service, banquet, lost & found but nobody found it. The phone is full of battery and it was turn off, unreachable. I've made up my mind that it was my careless, but I'm sure that I lost it in the function room.

In addition, I think this hotel is ignore in customer security. I've got a room in first floor, when I returned into the room at night. i've found that the balcony door was unlock. I can't lock it, need to call for maintenance staff to fix it. I was wondering, how can maid left the balcony unlock.

maybe, it was just my bad (luck) experience.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
yossaphon, Manager at Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Dear Lenox_Square,

We have acknowledged your lost and we have taken serious action against this matter by having a thoroughly investigation from the local police station, management meeting, staff check from all of their belonging in all of locker, as well as by a security camera.

We are regretting to inform that despite of this tough search and investigation, we could not find your belonging. We have sent information to you of the action that we have taken.

We are sadly to hear your lost and will keep trying to find your belonging, We hope you'll consider staying with us again. We will certainly appreciate the opportunity to regain your confidence in our services.

Yossaphon ( Charlie) Tangbholbhisuthi
Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Check In - Check was really fast. Within 5 minutes of arrival we were in the room with no waiting. We requested for a room change which was addressed. However the second request we could feel the irritation of the reception. GIve me an indication of what to come.
Room - Good; well appointed but smaller than expectation. Bathroom was really funny. A big window opening into the bed toom; making the bed hardly a metre away. How can I forget the cobwebs I noted on the upper most shelf. The TV was bulky old picture tube style with poor reception.
Location - Very Bad. Unless you have a dedicated car you will feel very handicapped. Its located very far from the main city with not many transport options. The shuttle service charges you 60 Bath. Taxi demands 150 to 200 baths. A drawback which puts you off as more often you are negotiating to how to travel to the city. Its not Pattaya city but kms outside of it.
Beach - Bad; very muddy. Deserted.
Swimming pools are good.
Breakfast - very limited menu as compared to our stays in other 5 star hotels.
Service Culture - You are charged 45 baths for a local phone call. From reception I could negotiate price to 10 bath once but they refused to help me other time when I needed to call desprately. Similarly; a spoon was taken away from our room by house keep but reception kept asking it to us as if we have stolen it. It needed a firm message to make them quiet.
Guest Guidance: 90% of hotel staff can not communicate in English. We enquired about the guided tours but found little help from the staff. No complementary internet service even in the lobby.
Would I go back- I felt wasting my money this time so NO.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
yossaphon, Manager at Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Dear SGindian,

Thank you for your time in giving us some comments. We have been taken action against this matter seriously and will be conducting further training in order to improve our services, using your viewing as a point for consideration. I am regret to hear that you were dissatisfied during your stay with us and if there should be any things I can make you feel more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you should feel that you were not getting a decent service for future trip.

Yours Sincerely,

Yossaphon (Charlie) Tangbholbhisuthi
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Hidden near the border of Pattaya and Sattaheep, this boutique hotel appears brand new and very clean. We particularly love its private beach where kids can safely play with their new friends (children of other hotel guests.) The hotel's security guards were found being very attentive to every guest on the beach and no stranger's trespassing ever was allowed by those guards on the hotel's property. There are three swimming pools in this hotel which was a total surprise to us since the hotel itself is not very big. Our room was very nice and spacy. The bed was comfortable. Great bath-tub and shower room. There was a DVD player in our room PLUS we could watch every major satellite TV channel in our room too. We definitely look forward to going back there soon!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
yossaphon, Manager at Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Dear “mbe_thaiwah”

Thank you for your kind comments and appraisal. We are delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your time in posting your experience on Trip Advisor. Please allow me to share this with our associates who I am sure will receive your comments with much appreciation. The team at Ravindra Beach Resort Pattaya will certainly look forward to welcoming you again in the not too far distant future!

Yossaphon ( Charlie) Tangbholbhisuthi
Bangkok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

The quest for the easy weekend getaway from Bangkok continues. We found something we like at the Ravindra, with a few rough edges. We've been wanting to stay here but weren't willing to pay $200/night. So, it's July in Thailand and hotels have specials; we jumped!
Let's start with what we liked. We loved the nice private beach, with lots of natural shade. It was really nice (and hard to find this close to Bangkok). We liked the superior room- it was spacious and comfortable, plus there was a bath and separate shower (the water pressure in the shower was not good). The fitness center was free and the staff were really nice and helpful.
All of the problems we experienced related to service and food. First, while some of the staff were nice and friendly there were a number of staff who were unfriendly and in some cases rude. This may be because of the size of the hotel, and the number of Russian guests. All the same, we're not accustomed to Thais behaving as we experienced at the front desk and in the restaurant in this price range (staff at pool, and beachside restaurant were lovely). The f&b was a real problem; the included breakfast was appalling- it was the worst breakfast we've had in this price range in the whole country. Many restaurants serve leftovers at the breakfast buffet- but they make it into breakfast food. Ravindra just serves leftover dinner food at breakfast- like clam chowder and beef bourginon! They're not even trying. Also, the coffee was terrible. In essence, it's pathetic for a hotel charging $100-200/night to have a breakfast like this and I really hope they improve it. In Thailand, many smaller, less expensive hotels offer better breakfasts. This matters to us.
Bottom line: We paid $110/night fo r our superior room, and we would come back again, but only for that price. I would definitely not pay more than $110-120 for what Ravindra is offering. But we did love that beach and it was just two hours from our door to their door, so we'll probably be back- I hope they improve that breakfast!

Room Tip: If you get a deal, stay here; you'll love it! If you're ready to pay top dollar, consider o...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
yossaphon, Manager at Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 5, 2011
Dear Khun Supakorn,

Thank you for sharing your comments in Trip advisor. We are always appreciated receiving guest comments so that we may review our performance and strive to maintain the highest standards of service for our guests.

Your special commendation to Pool and Reva Beach restaurant are most kind and will be passed on to them and their department head. Please be assured that we will contribute to do everything possible to keep up the high standard that we have set for this hotel.

With regard to your experienced that some staff were unfriendly and in some cases rude, we have failed in our mission of providing you our standard of service. We have reviewed your comments and shared with concerned department heads and corrective actions have already been taken.
In regarding to your comment on the breakfast buffet that you have thought we serves the leftover dinner food for the breakfast such as the clam chowder and beef bourguignon, may we clarify this: our Executive Chef just created more variety than normal breakfast in which we have added a few more of the main course for daily breakfast, and not the leftover food which your mentioned. Any left over food from overnight will be thrown away as per the HACCP system that we have received from the local Health and Hygiene authorities. For this, we are more than welcome for you to inspect our kitchen for your own please.
Buffet is serve only breakfast, lunch and dinner are A La Carte to all restaurant.. May I take this opportunity to personally apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Please be assured that we try to do everything to keep up our high standard we have set for this hotel.
We do hope for your kind understanding and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa on your future visits to Pattaya.

Yossaphon (Charlie) Tangbholbhisuthi
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for one night as it was a very short trip to Thailand. Hotel is great with young children as there is a kids pool which my 4 year old daughter really enjoyed. Room was good size and clean. Hotel staff was excellent and welcoming which is very important for me. Food was good and reasonably priced. Breakfast in the morning was good, offering a good variety of food. I usually stick to local cuisine wherever I travel . There was plenty of thai food offerred in the breakfast. I would stay here again if I ever visit Pattaya.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
yossaphon, Manager at Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your latest review of Ravindra Beach Resort. It was a delight to read that you enjoyed your holiday and appreciated our friendly staff and hotel facilities. I was also glad to read that your children had a great stay .

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ravindra again soon.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

This hotel was recommended to us by a colleague here in Bangkok (who also has a young child) and it lived up to its recommendation.

Having lived in Thailand for over four years now - and having made a curious visit to Pattaya in our first year - we had said that we would never return to Pattaya but I think I can safely say that we WILL return to this particular hotel in the foreseeable future. It's a perfect place to escape to its close proximity to Bangkok.

The hotel itself is set far south from the "scene" and set on a quiet little beach. Whilst I wouldn't let our 2yr old set foot in the sea (who in their right mind would set foot in that water?) the hotel's 3 fabulous pools were more than fun enough. And there is even a little sandy beach at the back of the hotel for those wanting lounge chairs and sandcastle building.

My husband and I both felt that the breakfast buffet offered more than enough choices. Fresh fruit, salad, traditional western and Asian fare as well as an egg station. It seems like a small detail but as a westerner who loves her bread, I was pleasantly surprised at the diversity and quality of the toast selection. Even pumpernickel was on offer.

The rooms themselves were well appointed and roomy. The resort is designed so that just about every room has both a pool view and a sea view.

My only complaint with the hotel arose from our visit to the poolside restaurant on the very first afternoon that we checked in. I went to the restaurant and asked for a Diet Coke, an Asahi beer and a scrambled egg (for our toddler) and was told that none of those things were available. The Diet coke and the beer I can understand, But the fact that the fried rice that I ordered came with a fried egg on top ticked me off. It wasn't so much that there weren't any eggs left (as I was told) but that the staff obviously didn't know how to charge me for an egg and therefore wouldn't scramble one for us.

Having said that, the hotel offered everything that we needed as a family with a 27 month old in tow. And as helpful and accommodating as the staff were, it didn't take long to see that they are more accustomed to dealing with package tourists. Much of the hotel signage was trilingual Thai, English and Russian. One other critique that I have is that in this day and age of free Wi-Fi just about everywhere in Thailand, the hotel charged, in my opinion, extortionate rates for hourly Wi-Fi access.

We drove ourselves to the hotel in a rental car. I sense that we would have felt a little trapped had we not had our own means of transport. As I mentioned earlier, the hotel is not within walking distance of anything more remotely interesting than the highway.

On an aside, if you have the time, do check out the manufactured for tourists "floating market". We actually found it a fun way to spend a couple of hours. We found it to be more "kitsch" than "tacky". And we were expecting the latter.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
yossaphon, Manager at Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 6, 2011
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor. We always appreciate receiving guest comments so that we may review our performance and strive to maintain the highest standard of service for our guests.

We are happy to read that you have generally enjoyed your stay with us. With reference to your comment free wifi, we would like to inform that this project is currently under discussion and hopefully that we could in the near future finalize the matter which will prompt the implementation soon. In the mean time, you may contact our front desk for wifi card. We have also instructed our F&B Manager to review the service standard of Pool attendance and to take the corrective action in order to prevent this similar incident to recur. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused.

Yours Sincerely

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

I can't praise this boutique hotel enough. I have stayed at many 5 star hotels in Asia and have to say that this is the best that I have stayed at. Nothing was too much trouble for the extremely efficient and friendly staff and the suite had every sort of comfort that you could think of plus more. The spa whilst not the cheapest was just pure indulgence with high hygiene standards and fantastic treatments and highly trained practitioners. The beach is right on the doorstep and so are plenty of upmarket and not so upmarket dining options. A hotel's fine dining restaurant tops the whole experience. I will definitely be back and will try out the other hotels in this group.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your latest review, I was delighted to read that you had a great holiday with us. Thank you for your kind comments about our friendly staff and also our fanastic facilities.
I hope to welcome you back to the Ravindra Beach Resort again soon.

Resident Manager

Been to Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!