“A JOURNEY FULL OF SURPRISE” 4 of 5 stars

Tea Hill's Bungalow
Lynd Hurst, | Fruit Hill, Hatton 22000, Sri Lanka   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A JOURNEY FULL OF SURPRISE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I heard Tea Hill's Bungalow trip from my friend just 1day before my holiday started, the great offer and the nice view attracted me and I made the last minute decission straight away. Then Kamal gave me the first surprise: based on my 4 days stay he made a wonderful tour plan for me in 10 minutes! Since then, a warm welcome by Sanjay with beautiful flowers in the airport, an unexpected stop during driving by Kamas for me to take clear pictures, a pillow in the jeep for long drive, sweet fruits and fresh juice were prepared everystation without asking, lovely small gift even after the trip, etc... Sri Lanka is beautiful, the stay and every tour was amazing, those little shining surprises I'll never forget

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My dream was to go to Sri Lanka, visit this wonderful country and its people, ride an elephant, try the local food and all kind of activities. Thanks to this organized trip and its incredible staff, my dream came true. I felt like home from the first moment when Sanjay, the manager, was waiting for me at the airport with some very nice flowers.
Tea Hill bungalow is a great place, located in the middle of tea plantations, a really peaceful place, where you might have breakfast with some little squirrels running around.
I would like to highlight the staff that really made my every days during this trip, they were so attentive, so kind with me, trying their best to meet all my needs and expectations, and beyond that !!
An example of that attention to details may be that everytime I would get into the car, a single flower would be left on my seat, such a delicate touch of attention.
I also had the oportunity to try the local food which is just delicious, the cook in Tree Hill's bungalow is excelent, and whatever I would ask for lunch or dinner I would get it.
As I was travelling on my own, I was afraid to get bored, but the non stop activities did not allow me to feel bored or lonely at any moment. Rafting, elephant orphanage, visit of temples, Siringiya ruins, waterfalls, riding elephants, so many activities that I enjoyed like a little girl!
This trip was a great value for my money too, I would recommend it to everyone who is looking for a peaceful, quiet place, with some great activities and the best service you can ever ask for.
A huge thank you to all of them for making my holidays one of the best and for taking care of me like they did.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

If you are seeking a little of adventure, don't mind waking up early some days, keen on trying delicious local food and also a great place to sleep. Then yes, Tea Hills is definitely a place to visit!!

I did a 7 day trip to Sri-Lanka and it was a wonderful experience. You can have a pick between several different activities. All are very different from each other but surely all worth doing. The tour guide is there to assist and answer questions and also tell you a little about all of the places you go too. The ride from the airport to the Bungalow itself is a little far, but along the way you'll see quite a lot of things. And along the way we got a fresh cut coconut as a welcome drink. I was quite excited because not every day you can drink fresh coconut juice. In my mind when I heard the word "bungalow", I just thought of a simple little place to stay etc. But the bungalow in Tea Hills is seriously amazing! The rooms are big enough. You do not have to worry on not sleeping well because of a uncomfortable bed orso, because these beds are amazing and very comfortable. The view you get from the balcony is very relaxing. Especially in the morning. So if you like nature, you will love the view.

You are provided with food and drink 24/7 or lets say when you are hungry or thirsty both are always available. The private cook of the house can prepare literally everything when it comes to local food. If in Sri-Lanka, don?t bother to expect a European cuisine because when in Sri-Lanka the food the cook prepares is not somewhere you can get anywhere. It is different, but a good kind of different. The manager, Sanjay is also supportive and also very attentive. He is also the person that will be with you most of the times. When you have a question you can always ask him and when you are not happy with something as well. The people that work for Kamal are very loyal and that is of course my opinion and what I have observed. They will try to make your stay as memorable and wonderful as possible.

Even when miles away from Dubai, Kamal (the owner), tries to be updated on what's going on and he himself is also very attentive and very helpful and will answer any questions you have from before your journey even begins until the end. You can see that each one of these people just make an effort to make you feel at home and comfortable as possible. But visiting Tea Hill is definitely a journey worth making. You just have to go yourself and have the whole experience. It might be worth your while!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had a wonderful, relaxing and refreshing time in Tea Hill's Bungalow and despite the tireless rain we saw many cool places, like stunning natural scenery or temples of various faiths and we also had a touch-on experience in the Elephant Orphanage. We enjoyed the friendly and relaxed atmosphere from the pick up, throughout the whole stay until the farewell. Since we were the only ones in the bungalow we had this 'homelike' feeling, we used the spacious living room to chill out and relax and during the two days of good weather we enjoyed the beautiful views of the green tea hills everywhere around from the large terrace while eating our lunch . The manager Sanjay was very helpful and we enjoyed his 'can do' attitude and his charming, relaxed and friendly personality. The food was sometimes little bit challenging for our Central European tastes (spicewise) but always very well prepared from good quality local ingredients and we loved the local fruit and juices from them. We appreciated that the drivers were always safe and very careful (given the state of Sri Lankan roads it's more than important), the car was of good standard and comfortable. The whole trip was a lovely antidote to the hassle of the city life.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My family and I had a very nice time in Sri Lanka. The entire trip was very enjoyable mainly due to the staff at Tree Hill's. We were greeted by Kamal's manager Sanjay at the airport who was waiting with flowers for my wife and mother. We were also traveling with our 10 month old daughter who's needs were constantly monitored by all the staff! Being our first vacation with the baby, we were a bit uncertain how it would be, in hindsight Tree Hill's staff made that part of the trip very easy and pleasurable. It really made my wife comfortable with the amount of detail that was provided for us traveling with a baby. (Cribs, strollers, high chair, pillows in the van...etc.)

We spent our time exploring Sri Lanka, receiving incredible personalized service from Sanjay and our driver Kamish. We visited some places that were quite amazing (don't want to give away any surprises) and overall really enjoyed what the county had to offer. We took some time communicating with Kamal who really put together a travel plan that fit us, taking the time to really understand our wishes for the trip.

The stay at the Tree Hill's villa was very comfortable, food was prepared perfectly (Sri Lankain cuisine) and the staff for the villa really made us feel very welcome.

Touring the areas that Kamal put on our schedule was really nice, the only complaint is that more time everywhere we went would had been nice. Partly from traveling with an infant and partly due to travel times. Some of the travel times between destinations were a bit unpredictable (longer than planned) as many roads in Sri Lanka seemed to be under construction at once. This should not deter anyone from this experience, and should actually improve visiting Sri Lanka in the future. The transport was great, very comfortable (internet provided even!) and professionally driven by Kamish.

It really was a very easy vacation, and my family really missed having Sanjay and Kamish around when we got back home. We have tones of great pictures (many take by Sanjay for us with his own camera) and very happy memories.
My advice, spend some time communicating with Kamal on options for your own trip. There were many options with Tree Hill's to customize the experience. He is very attentive and I'm sure will put together a great experience for you.

Places visited:
Kandy- Sacred Temple of the Tooth Relic. Very nice to tour with interesting history.
Waterfalls-Great photos and scenery.
Fantastic resturants-eat up, we did.
Tea Plantations-Tea and cake!!!
Sigiriya (Lions Rock)-Wear good shoes, read up on it before the trip too! Could spend days here...easily.
Elephants!!! Spent our afternoon watching our daughter watch elephants.
Many little stops along the way to break up travel times- all were enjoyable, and we found out our daughter likes coconut juice!
and...
Tree Hill's Bungalow with wonderfully comfortable everything and breakfasts on a balcony overlooking a nice view of Tea Plantation.

Overall, a very non-touristy vacation, genuine and caring staff, and incredible value for the money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
kamal-dubai, Owner at Tea Hill's Bungalow, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback and great comments about our service, I shall pass the message to my staff's, we lookforward to receive you in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Right from the initial enquiry email response it was evident that Kamal was willing to go to great lengths to tailor the holiday for our specific needs. His personal touch was welcoming and reassuring and all enquiries were dealt with promptly and professionally.

Once we arrived in Sri Lanka we were greeted at the airport at 3am by the very welcoming manager Sanjay, who presented my wife with a lovely bunch of flowers. The journey to the Tea Hill's Bungalow is a long one, however in the back of the very comfortable chauffeur driven car, with Sanjay pointing out various vegetation and local landmarks, the trip passed reasonably quickly.

The Bungalow is extremely homely with a lovely terrace overlooking the beautiful tea hills all around. The food was traditional, incredibly tasty and appeared to be never ending. The personal cook prepared a variety of local dishes, all of which were described to us by Sanjay.

Sanjay spent the 4 days as our personal guide, on the first day taking us around the local town of Hatton and surrounding areas and also accompanying us to the local children's orphanage (where we were treated like the guests of honour). Other trips included the Elephant orphanage, the Temple of the Tooth in Kandy, traditional dancing in Kandy, Sigiriya or the Lion's Rock, Organic lunch, Herb and Spice gardens and Waterfall views Unfortunately the hours drive to the waterfalls and the hours drive back were over a road that was under repair and therefore we were bounced all the way there and all the way back!

Our final night was spent at the Eco Lodge, this is a truly wonderful experience as close to nature as you could wish for, where once again you are treated like royalty.

Due to the terrain in Sri Lanka it is unavoidable to spend a considerable amount of time in a car if you want to get out and about and see the country, both vehicles we were in were comfortable with free internet connection which made the many hours on the roads bearable.

As this was our first visit to Sri Lanka we were most grateful for such a personal service that provided us with a proper insight into the real Sri Lanka.

Overall this was very good value for money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had a good time at Tea Hills. It started with a very warm welcome in the middle of the night with a huge beautiful bu qua for lovely flowers. Though we were the last guys to check out of the airport the smart young guys were there to help us out with the luggage as the well as the sleepy kids. Though the journey was of 3 to 3 and half hours the guys made us fell so comfortable. Certain part of the roads was under construction so we go free body massage as well. the reception at the hotel was also equally good, the made us feel fresh with the welcome drinks and early breakfast of our choice. The kitchen was so well equipped that they would not hesitate to honor our request. The rooms were well ventilated had very ethnic touch in each and every corner. Kids had lot of room to move around. The view from the hotel is excellent. The guys with us like 24/7 at our disposal and took as around as per the plan. The best part of of the long journey was the wi-fi connectivity in the car/ van which gave us opportunity to stay connected with rest of the world.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Tea Hill's Bungalow? Share your experiences!