We are very grateful to have had the opportunity, albeit too short!, to spend one night at this very special hotel. After an extreamly long and tedious drive (most of the roads are under heavy road work) we were welcomed with a delicious cup of tea and were told that "this is not a hotel, this is your home" Very true. Thanks to Jayaram and Sebastian we were spoiled with warm hospitality and confort in its best form. They have both been excellent hosts and tried very hard to please each member of our families needs. Dinner as well as breakfast were cooked and presented with very special care and were delicious home cooking.
Mandira resorts can certainly be proud of both!
The resort is kept to respect the full flair of "Colonial British" expieriece.. the only down fall being that the bathrooms, perhaps still the original, although very charming certainly need a "face lift"
Kind regards to this very special staff.Very much looking forward to our next stay with them!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As our name suggests our Bungalows are of either architectural or historical interest, all offering much of the atmosphere of Sri Lanka’s glorious past. Experience a style of gracious living and soothing relaxation sometimes so scarce in the modern, time pressured ‘civilised’ world. Each bungalow is a haven of peace and tranquility in some wonderfully quiet corners of Sri Lanka. Each is a place where service is founded on instinctive hospitality, where the food is pure delight - and where quality and attention to detail keeps us awake with the desire to serve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Mandira Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandira Bungalows Hotel Hatton
- Mandira Bungalows Sri Lanka/Hatton