“Value for money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mesah View Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vang Vieng
Mesah View Guesthouse
You added Mesah View Guesthouse to your Saves list
Ban Viengkeo Vang Vieng, Vang Vieng, Laos   |
Ranked #10 of 84 Vang Vieng B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

The guesthouse is in a great location on the bank of the river, about 5 minutes walk away from the bar/restaurant scene.

We paid 50,000 kip per night (approximately $6.50), which you pay for upfront.

This room was was clean and tidy although a little cramped. The fan worked well (no need for A/C). Was had a small issue with the bathroom so they have us a new room.

Complimentary tea and coffee is available downstairs throughout the day which is good.

The owners are also available for advice on activities (such as tubing and blue lagoon) throughout the day.

• Stayed March 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cameron Highlands, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

The owners of Mesah View are amazing! They made every effort to make us comfortable during our stay!! They allowed us to prepare our own food in their kitchen when we are tired of eating out. They shared their alcohol with us for a casual drink outside and told us the best places to eat around town. It's far enough away from the busy drinking strips but close enough to walk home drunk late at night. Would definitely recommend!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Great location -- a 5-minute walk from town so you get all the conveniences without the noise and the crowd. Because Mesah View is perched by the Nam Song river, we got to enjoy the beautiful sunsets from the balcony of the guesthouse, at a fraction of the price you'll pay at a nearby villa.

Mathias and his staff were great -- very friendly and helpful, and went out of their way to make us feel at home.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Orange County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

First off, I did not stay at Mesah View Guesthouse. While I was in Vang Vieng, I needed to take a time out from outdoor trekking and climbing to get some work done. My hotel's WiFi wasn't cutting it, but another traveler the previous night had told me that Mesah had great internet. I headed down the street to find the guesthouse. When I got there, I realized there was no cafe or restaurant to sit in, but the guesthouse itself had chairs. One of the staff members invited me to sit down and use the internet anyway. While I was working they offered me a free cup of coffee.

So, let me break that down one more time: Not staying at the guesthouse, not a restaurant, the staff invited me to sit and get work done, AND gave me a free cup of coffee. Another success for good people in travel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I had the front room and wow, the view was incredible! The sunsets we saw were so beautiful and great way to end a busy, hot day. The rooms aren't that clean, but no bed bugs! Always a plus..haha. the hotel is safe, with friendly staff and my room had aircon and a great view for $10 (double) in peak season! Plus free tea/coffee/water. The positives definitely outweighed the negatives ;) Was originally spending 1 night, but stayed 7!

• Stayed November 2013
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Everything that you could ask for backpacking it. Cheap price, clean safe premises, helpful staff and a river view to die for (try to get the river view rooms)

Air con for an additional not-very-much. A little bit out of the main drag ( 7 minute walk) but then you probably need it, you've been traveling for awhile and you're starting to sag a bit.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Arthur G, Public Relations Manager at Mesah View Guesthouse, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Great to hear that you had a good time.

Just to let the world know that Mesah View Guest House is now under new management, Mathias is now the manager, so the contact details have changed.... The great views over the river will remain the same, and I am sure Mathias will make you as welcome as Loay did.

This is my last post, I am Arthur, an Australian and Loay's friend, who created the website and managed the tripadvisor side of things because Loay needed a bit of help with English spelling! I wish the new manager, Mathias well in his new venture.
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

In terms of money/value Mesah is not unlike many other places around.
Location is good, not in the centre of the town, but not too far away to make getting anywhere a hassle. You will not be hearing music from bars.
Rooms are not exactly clean. I was sharing mine with spiders and their webs in the corners, however we got along well and were not bothering each other. There were stains on the walls. Some dead insects were occasionally falling, probably from the mosquito net, which I did not touch to not make things worse. A couple of spots of unknown origin (seemed like blood drops) on the bed sheet. The window overlooked the road, so the noise from motorbikes and kids playing ball across the street, especially in the morning and despite closed windows, was a problem. But mostly I was waking up to chatting in the lobby, which was annoying at 7-ish am. However I give the place some credit for providing toilet paper/soap, wifi and hot shower for the money asked. Bottom line: opt for rooms in the back of the building.
Staff provide additional services, such as laundry, motorbike rent and somewhat overpriced bus ticket booking (compared to other places). However I met no one who spoke even basic english except one boy. Though everyone was friendly and tried to help in any way possible.
I was in Vang Vieng in low season, so the prices for that category of accommodation were almost identical everywhere. My life does not depend on sterility, but still, if I come to Vang Vieng again I might spend some time looking at the alternatives.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Arthur G, Public Relations Manager at Mesah View Guesthouse, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Hi Alex. Firstly thanks for staying at Mesah View and for taking time to write a review.

As I put in response to a previous review, Loay and Phai do not own the guesthouse but lease it, and cant do too much (as in stained walls) as it is leased a year at a time. They spent a lot of money updating the plumbing in the bathrooms for example, and I think you will agree that the bathrooms are very nice now...

They have just taken over another guesthouse which is cheaper to lease and where the rooms are a little cheaper still but with a restaurant closer to the center, and this is probably depriving them of time to supervise staff, and so I apologise for any failings.

However, it would have been good to raise your concerns with Pookhee (the boy you refer to) as he is very very intelligent, speaks good English and resolves problems with the same panache that Loay does, and may well have been able to address your concerns at once so that your stay would have been more enjoyable.

Been to Mesah View Guesthouse? Share your experiences!