“Really re-consider your stay here” 1 of 5 stars

You added Easy Go Backpacker Hostel to your Saves list
Easy Go Backpacker Hostel
3 Ban Vang Vieng | Khemsong River Road, Vang Vieng, Laos   |
London, United Kingdom
“Really re-consider your stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

My names Rob, basically my girlfriend and I traveled to Laos for 4 weeks. I wish I had internet access and could have booked accommodation in advanced, to read these reviews.
My experience at easy Go Hotel was no better then some of the others I have read

The price is what got us sucked in. Originally the staff seemed friendly and helpful. My girlfriend and I bought a double delux room.
We had been tubing during the day, got dinner and returned to our room after locking our door we feel asleep soon after. In the middle of the night, i was woken by Abbie tapping me on my back. I woke to see the front door wide open of our room. Then I heard something from the corner of our room.
I jumped up and a man ran out of the room very quickly.
I walked outside and put the light on, turned to see all our luggage on the ground, everywhere and Abbie's wallet open - missing was $150 pounds.
I re locked the door and stayed up for the rest of the night.
By morning, we checked out in looking for another hostel.
I told the man at reception what happened - i felt it had to be a staff of the hostel, as we had locked the door when we entered that night, or the locks were rather dodgey and he laughed at me.
Out of anger, I said it wasnt good enough. We felt unsafe, aside the fact our bathroom was dirty and only had cold water. I said I wanted a discount.
very quickly he turned quite nasty. Snatched my 100kip from my hand and walked away.

I strongly advice other travelers to read these reviews and take this seriously.
Cheap prices don't always mean good, safe service and rooms.

I hope this happens to no one else.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

So I'm not really a review writer but this hostel takes the cake from anywhere I've stayed in Asia and maybe the world. You get there with your annoyingly heavy bag and just feel immediately at home. The staff are truly genuine too and try their best to keep people quiet when others are trying to sleep. So I got my toilet smashed from a crazy guy and instead of going nuts about it, the staff were so reasonable, we just hopped on a motorbike and bought a new toilet from the toilet shop and the staff said it was no worries about installation costs or anything, they just wanted us to be okay. The showers are warm, the people are absolute gold and everyone from the hostel becomes like a family and does cool stuff together like riverside campfires and pool parties and shotguns. It's in a really cool location too, very central but also you feel like you're not going to have music blasting as you try to sleep. I think I ended up trapped in the happiness of easy go for 11 days, you just don't want to leave. So for the price of a sandwich you really can't miss out. Have the best time X

Room Tip: For 5 thousand more kip (less than a dollar) you can get a private room with a friend which is reall...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We booked a PRIVATE room, My friend and I had been out kyaking during the day. We came back that night to our LOCKED PRIVATE room and our belongings were on the floor. We had had a big day and feel asleep straight away, waking up the next morning, my friends wallet had been un-zipped and close to $200 dollars had be stolen from her wallet which was deep within her bag.
When I went to pay for our accommodation, it should have been 110 kip, so I gave the lady at reception 150 kip... she just took my money and walked out of the room. Never giving me my change, which I understand only equivalats to very little in US dollars, but its still principle. I chased her but she went into an room and locked the door after her.

Our bathroom was revolting and mould was growning everywhere within the room.
As for my friends money, our door was locked when we left the morning and locked when we had returned, so who ever went through our room had a key. There wasnt a cleaning service and her money was definetly stolen, as our possecions and bags had been scattered and looked through. Luckily I had my money on me. But my friend wasnt so lucky.

The service here was terrible adn Ill never stay here again, THEY ARE DISHONEST AND DISTRUSTING!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Canberra, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

DO NOT EVER STAY HERE!!!

I am an experiened traveller, and know that you should separate your cash into several hidey holes to avoid large amounts of money being taken. One of these spots was my wallet.

Without thinking, on the morning (26th) I went kayaking and tubing, I only took my bum bag type thing with me. I put my wallet in my hiking pack (assuming it would be safe)

I checked into the Easy Go on the 25th of Jan 2014.
I had counted the money in my wallet the on the morning of the 25th (in Luang Prabang). I had $16 australian dollars, $100 US dollars and 1500 Thai Baht in there.

This morning, unfortunately, I had to pack quickly and absentmindedly didnt check my wallet. I had a weird feeling all day, and checked it as soon as I arrived in Vientiane!
ALL OF IT WAS GONE.
As I am in laos, I have no use for these currencies, and would not have spent it!!!

The horrible thing is, that on the 26th of Jan our towels, bins - nothing was changed or cleaned in our room! so someone went in there to, what? steal?

I am disgusted by this!!!! I want everyone to know - because that is a lot of money! but regardless of the amount, it's the principle and the fact that we obviously werent safe in our own room!!!

Easy Go, My name is Paige Berry email" brigetteberry@hotmail.com

I expect this fixed ASAP!

Room Tip: do not stay here. they stole from me! jan 2014
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I spent about a week staying at this hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful. We stayed in the dorms and the private rooms. It was cheap and good value for the price. It is a realy good place to meet fellow backpackers.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This place was extremely nice to stay at. Within a few hours we had met a lot of other travellers that soon became good friends. The social room always had nice people willing to help everyone out. The view from the common room is also extremely nice. We were meant to stay 3 nights but ended up staying 6 nights.

The only negatives were that the walls were very thin which meant the noise travelled and the beds weren't the greatest. But if you're in vang vieng and the only thing stopping you from sleeping is that, then you shouldn't be there!

A big thanks to the owners of the place for such a memorable time. Easily the best hostel I've stayed at!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Really nice backpackers, social, clean and tidy, good vibe! I'd come again! Just what you'd want from a backpacker place... Only negative is that there's a shoe thief stealing the shoes out front! Grr!

• Stayed January 2014

Been to Easy Go Backpacker Hostel? Share your experiences!