“Nicest food in Laos” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, European, Thai, Noodle
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Nicest food in Laos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

After being served up my three worse meals in the whole of SE Asia all here in Vang Vieng, I logged onto tripadvisor and found the reviews for AMD. The restaurant is just after the bamboo bridge going away from town. It was raining the first night I visited but I am so glad I made the trip even if I did get a little wet. I was the only customer that night and was kept entertained by a young girl whom I'm guessing was the child of one of the owners. She was adorable. The food was in a league of its own, I have since completed a months stay in Laos and the food I ate here was the tastiest I had anywhere in Laos. The lemon and mint shake was a revelation too. I ate here on a number of occasions, I tried the tofu laap, the red curry and the jungle curry - all delicious. It is definitely worth tracking down.

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is off the normal route...along the road towards Jamee guesthouse and unfortunately, it's poorly signposted. That said, it's still worth a visit. A beer Lao comes with lovely complementary nuts and the food is freshly prepared and very tasty and good value for money. Away from the more typical tourist haunts this is a good choice.

Visited October 2013
Shanghai, China
“Authentic and charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We read different restaurant reviews in lonely planet and non was rated excellent therefore we did not expect a lot in this town in regards to food;-) but after checking tripadvisor we decided to eat at this neat place close to our hotel the riverside beautique hotel just after the toll bridge (do not pass the bridge at all stay at the main street and walk 50 m south). Food is ob excellent quality and just cooked after order therefore expect some waiting time, drink a cold beerlao and eat some peanuts which come with the order! Enjoy

• Visited September 2013
Saint-Denis, Reunion Island
“Very good and cheap breakfast!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Very nice little restaurant owned by a charming couple. The food is good, at a reasonable price. We particularly liked the breakfast there and had it almost everyday of our stay in Vang Vieng! They have "breakfast deals" with coffee, delicious shakes (coconut is my favourite), and a huge baguette with omelette/fried eggs for less than 25 000 kip! you can also choose the plate of fruits if you prefer a lighter meal! I highly recommend this place!!

Visited September 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“Best in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This place is down the river street past the bridge. It is a traditional little shop front and you need to keep an eye out for it, but it is worth a visit. We at here four times.The food is the best in Vang Vieng. Fresh, well balanced and prepared with care by lovely couple. The meals were prepared to order, but you can enjoy the wait with the free nibbles when ordering a cold BeerLao. This place is in the more traditional area of town, and if you are looking for an excellent home style Laos experience give this place a go.

• Visited September 2013