“This Place is Great! Away from the Party and Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Laos Haven Hotel & Spa
047 Viengkeo Village, Main Road, Vang Vieng 0011, Laos   |
Ranked #1 of 82 Vang Vieng B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York
“This Place is Great! Away from the Party and Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Outstanding stay here. The staff was helpful, and the food was amazing. The owner, Michael, was extremely informative and was always available to chat. This is not a place to stay if you just want to party, but rather a perfect option for those travelers who care about accommodation and quiet evenings. We'd gladly stay here again if visiting Laos again! The best part is the location really. Outside of the noise, but a simple 5 minute walk to the main part of town.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
laoshaven, Owner at Laos Haven Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Owner/Manager Michael Laos haven Hotel & Spa: Thank you very much for your support and posting a positive review of your experience while staying with us. I am glad you truly enjoy your stay and I do look forward to be of service to you and your friends in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Hanoi, Vietnam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Stayed here a few weeks back with 5 of my mates. We rented 2 rooms...a double with two beds and a dorm room with 4 beds. Everything was suitable and the price was decent. However, the staff were completely and utterly useless. They never cleaned our rooms or replaced toilet paper/towels/etc. They lost 4 of our room keys when we left them at the front desk and then tried to make us pay for them. The woman, who seemed to be the manager, actually screamed at me one night when I came back to the hotel because I left my key with a male employee who was working at the front desk. She told me that it was my fault that he lost my key and wanted me to pay her for it. The final straw was when we checked out she tried to say we stole or lost 2 towels. We had turned them in the day before for fresh towels which never arrived. She wanted to charge us an astronomical fine and then threatened to call the police on us when we refused to pay her. She also refused to to give us our change because she said they were putting that money toward purchasing new towels because we were thieves. By the end of our stay I came to realize that most of the people working at this guesthouse were just plain crazy. Needless to say I would not recommend staying at this place unless you like crazy people and are not a imaginary towel thief.....

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Owner/Manager Michael from Laos Haven Hotel:
It is very sad to be victimized, but as established International Hospitality Professionals, we are trained to accept certain level of abuse or intimidation from guest but.anything above and beyond we also understand we can exercise our rights to defend our interests.
Falkirk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

The owner Michael is the most attentive owner I have ever met not just in Laos but anywhere, he knows about and understands customer service. He has only had the place so its a work in progress but he will get to be the standard setter in this town. Breakfast was best in Laos we have had, nothing is a problem just ask Michael and its done. He provides advice on the pit falls of this town and how to avoid them. All sound and prudent advice. Dont miss this place if your staying in Vang Vieng. Michael I give you a 10 out 10

Room Tip: Just ask the owner
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Owner/Manager Michael Laos haven Hotel & Spa: Thank you very much for your vote of confident & support and I will keep working toward being the best host in Vang Vieng for all that will be staying with me.
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights and we enjoyed it. Great shower, good breakfast and like mentioned before very nice and helpfull owners. The only odd thing was that there were no sheets provided (only blankets) I used my sleeping bag liner instead of asking for sheets so I don't know if this is the policy. They are still working on improvements (due to the floods in Thailand the suplies didn't arrive) so it will become even better. I hope some decorations will arrive too to give it a little more charm, it is a little bare now. But this all said I would stay there again if I would be in VV once more

• Stayed February 2012
Owner/Manager Michael Laos Haven Hotel & Spa: Thank you very much for your support and a positive review. I am glad you enjoy your stay with us and I look forward to be of service to you again. FYI I have taken your suggestion and have included extra flat sheets to all my bedding
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I chose to stay with Laos Haven Hotel after reading some positive reviews on the internet. During my stay in Vang Vieng, I got very sick from consuming some local vendor food. The owner (Michael) was very kind and helpful; he brought me to the local hospital and stayed with me throughout my consultation. I had acute food poisoning and had to stay in hospital and Michael came daily to visit me and brought me chicken broth each time and also came to fetch me back when I am well to go. I sincerely believe he would have extended to every of his guest what he did for me. Michael, thank you again and all the best to you & your hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms are all good for the price you pay
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Owner/Manager Michael Laos haven Hotel & Spa: Thank you for your positive vote and sharing your personal experience while staying in Vang Vieng. It will be my pleasure to take care of all my guests the same way as I have done for you.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

A simple but well managed hotel. Good value for money. The owner is very kind & informative and he will spend time explaining to all his hotel guests the do and don't while holidaying in Vang Vieng. I find it very helpful as a tourist because I can reallly enjoy myself fully and avoid having bad experience

Room Tip: All the rooms are very clean
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
laoshaven, Owner at Laos Haven Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Owner/Manager Michael Laos Haven Hotel & Spa: Thank you for your positive review. I am glad you enjoy your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to Vang Vieng
Sapa, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Strategically located on the quiet end of the main street easily accessible to the Nam Song river. The Patio Restaurant on site provide Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner with a selection of European and Thai Cuisine from 7am -10pm Daily. The Management & Staff are totally committed to provide a home away from home experience for all. A perfect choice for those seeking a mixed holiday experience. We were there for 3days and enjoyed so much.love to come back

Room Tip: you can choose a room near by the back side so you can see the river
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
laoshaven, Owner at Laos Haven Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Michael Thank you for your positive review and we sincerely hope to be of service to you again,

Been to Laos Haven Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!