“Disappointing” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Binton
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The restaurant is very well presented and we had high hopes, there were two other tables of people so we sat down and waited for the menus, these arrived about 5 minutes later. Ordered and then sat, and waited, and waited, and waited... my friends spaghetti carbonara arrived after about 45mins and she says it was delicious. I enjoyed sitting watching her eat whilst waiting for my Laos salad. When she had one mouthful left on her plate, my salad was placed in front of me - missing the steamed rice it should have come with. I started eating, hoping to catch the eye of either the owner or the waitress to explain that it wasn't there. They completely ignored me so I finished my meal. Went to pay the bill and explained that my meal was missing a vital ingredient to which the owner rudely responded that I should have asked for it and then walked off as I tried to ask who I should have asked.

I don't like writing bad reviews but I felt the attitude of the owner was pretty disgusting and I am surprised to see so many positive reviews, maybe he was just having an off day? There are much better places to eat than here so avoid if you can.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
  • Thai first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Owner makes this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Came across this place randomly while walking around vang vieng. Inside, it is nicely presented, and the food is well priced for the portion and quality. The main attraction however, is the owner, Wayne. The first time we talked to him, we knew he would do his best to make the evening as enjoyable for us as possible. With endless stories and a good atmosphere, "Wayne's place" (Arena) is a must visit place in vang vieng.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
London, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing Service and Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This place is a must go. The owner made this a real enjoyable trip for me and my friends. He has a database of stories to tell. Food is really good and this is the only air conditioned Restaurant in vang vieng.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Best place in vang vieng, amazing owner!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is the nicest looking place in the whole of vang veing, with excellent prices. The food is really nice, but the best thing about this place is its owner! He is extremely helpful and made our time here really enjoyable, recommend everyone to go here!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The food and drinks in here were lovely, good price and in a good location. Wayne 'the minister' is a lovely bloke, always friendly, helpful, and knows the area well. Would go back there again!

Visited May 2013