“Good food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Peeping Som's Bar and Restaurant

Peeping Som's Bar and Restaurant
Main street, just past Kang temple | next to Chilllao Guesthouse, Vang Vieng, Laos
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 58 Restaurants in Vang Vieng
Cuisines: American
London, United Kingdom
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Went there for dinner a few days ago and it was empty - nobody there, but we were also kind of early. Had chicken kiev, which was delicious, and my girlfriend had Spaghetti with Pesto "a la Lao". She liked hers as well (and since this is Laos, they obviously use asian basil and not western basil for the pesto - hence the taste difference others on tripadvisor complained about...)

The waiter was friendly and offered us to sit in the upper part just right of the main restaurant, which was funny cuz we saw tons of tuk tuks passing by with drunk teenagers returning from tubing.

So the food was very good, the location a bit out of the very centre of town, the staff friendly, and yes, we would go again any time!

Thanks peeping som team for the great dinner!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
Winchester
“Inedible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We went here after seeing the reviews on TA - all I can say is that I must have gone to a completely different place on another planet! There was nobody here at all, but given the info from the last reviewer this did not deter us. The waiter was completely disinterested. We had a wrap and the chicken kiev. The chicken itself was ok, the garlic was completely overpowering and un-cooked. The breakcrumbs were like oily flakes. The mash was grey coloured and horrible and to finish it all off the cabbage had so much pepper I was unable to eat it. My daughter's was equally disgusting and we left both meals entirely. My advice - don't go.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Really good western food at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is the best place that I ate in Vang Vieng on my stay there. I went after reading the TripAdvisor reviews and wasn't disappointed.

I tried the chicken kiev(35,000 kips) and it was beautiful. It was served with mash and cabbage and everything was delicious. The place was a bit empty but it was the low season.

They had a BBQ going as well but I didn't get a chance to try that. They don't show Friends or Family Guy like other restaurants. They just had some relaxed music on instead.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“The best Chicken Kiev!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Was brought here by my friends on my first day in town and it was their last day, and ordered the chicken kiev. It taste amazing, up to now it is the best I have had. Excellent food and beverages with wide range too. Friendly service and a great spot to hang out and have a nice dinner

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“A gem of VV”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We ordered sweet and sour pork, pizza and steak. Unlike many other restaurants in SE Asia our food came out together! We had to wait but the food was fantastic and freshly served so it was well worth the wait. They also play great classic rock if you need a break from friends an family guy! I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Visited May 2012