“WARNING” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 82 Vang Vieng B&B and Inns
Stockholm, Sweden
“WARNING”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I saw previous post when Ive already checked in...And I know people can have bad luck everywere...But when I went for lunch, I looked my bag and brought my passport etc. Also I put some stuff on top on my bag so I would see if someone was try to get in my bag.
I was gone for 1 hour and oh yes, they had been in my room, but lucky me, they could not get into my bag!

Ive told them and moved out (got my money back)...but the laughed at me, like "they couldn't steal anything so whats the problem".
DON'T GO THERE!!!!

And a big thank you for warning me /previous poster!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Families
Business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Last week we stayed at Souksomboun Guesthouse. At first everything seemed to be oke, real good price for quite a large room. But after we went on a motorbike trip we came back and had the feeling someone went trough our bags. The next day we went tubing so we locked 2 of our bags and closed our backpacks. When we got back our backpacks were open and some clothes were lying on the bed. They somehow opened the locked bags and stole money out of that. When we went to ask the reception about it they suddenly didn't speak English anymore!
Don't go here!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Hatfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Probably the cheapest guesthouse in town. Stayed there three nights. The room was clean and enough space for me. It was really paid off. Staff very friendly, especially the owner who was very hepful and speaks good english. Recommend it

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012 via mobile

This guest house from my room has perfect view. But room is dirty, not comfortable. Bathroom need to be fixed. Food is not delicious. Need improve.

• Stayed April 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We were backpacking for 6 months in SE Asia and from our whole trip this place was memorable as it was great value, at least as cheap if not cheaper than most of the budget places we stayed and was really nice and clean. The owner and his family are very friendly, he speaks great English and is very willing to help with advice etc. A rarity in Vang Vieng where the locals have to contend with drunken westerners!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Souksomboun Guesthouse? Share your experiences!