“Would recommend it for a stay in Vang Vieng” 4 of 5 stars

You added Inthira Vang Vieng to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ban Sawang, Vang Vieng 2145532, Laos   |
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Vang Vieng
Doha, Qatar
“Would recommend it for a stay in Vang Vieng”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

This hotel is ideally situated, close enough to walk to the restaurants and bars in a few minutes, but far enough away so you dont here the music if you are planning a quiet night in. The food in the hotel restaurant is very good 5 out of 5 for that, the kitchen is open and you can see the chef prepare it and it looks and tastes very fresh.
Check in/out was efficient and the hotel room I stayed in was quite nice. Very low water pressure in the shower with no hot water is my only complaint. It was so hot outside anyway a cold shower was needed! The balcony area was very big with a lovely view of the mountains. If you are going to stay here get the delux room as my friend stayed in a standard room and it didn`t look too good. When I go back, hopefully before the end of 2012 I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Get the delux room for nice views, a big balcony and a really nicely laid out room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
서울특별시, 대한민국
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

after 4 days's stay I figured it out this was very good location. it is just door step of the travellers' street, from where you can also walk toward left side which is close to the nice places to explore.
For the budgetted travellers' it is quite good one.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Having been to Vang Vieng a couple of times before I decided to book a more grown up hotel for my boyfriend and I.

Lovely friendly staff with a gorgeous garden resturant.
Although the tv was broken through the hotel and our airconditioning didn't work we had a very pleasent stay and loved the breakfast.

As with everything in Vang vieng great location however being a little more expensive than the $5 hostels the other people staying were more subdued. Booked the balloon ride over vang vieng through the hotel which was amazing...

However if you are doing tours book in town as the cost is at times less than half the price and you go one the same tours!!

Lovely hotel... will be staying next time I am in vang vieng

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

The rooms are ok, nothing to shout about. The staff seemed ok. Breakfast was ok. Shower pressure was poor but this seems to be a common problem. The air conditioning was a bit noisey. We only stayed two nights and i don't think i would have wanted to stay too many more nights.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
InthiraMD, General Manager at Inthira Vang Vieng, responded to this review, March 4, 2012
Dear Yash555, I am so sorry that your experience at our unique hotel was not to your liking. As you see from our comments, our fans appreciate that we simply strive to have a friendly and spotlessly clean hotel.
We will keep improving our services and i ll have a look at the ACs.
I wish you safe journeys.

Thongsay,
Bangkok
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

The town itself is not particularly appealing and this is not helped by the fact it is crammed full of what appears to be badly behaved over-indulgent gap year students, although the surrounding countryside is magnificent. Having eaten at the restaurant previously on our way to Luang Prabang from Vientiane, we were beguiled by the cleanliness and decided to stopover and enjoy the promised bath with hot water, on our return three days later, and scrape the dust off from our motorcycle trip over the mountains. We arrived to a warm welcome by the manager and checked in. It was shortly after this that it became obvious that other guests were complaining about various problems. However, undaunted I ran my bath and had a good scrub - pulling the plug and standing to shower off my final shampoo, I found that the water was off and the water from the bath drained out on to the bathroom floor via the wet room drain, soon the floor was awash, and it remained that way for the duration. So there I was covered in shampoo and no means to rinse off (no internal phone). With no choice I had to go down to reception - one hour later - I finished my shower, however, no-one came to the room to check the flood even after several prods.
The staff were indolent and unattentive and the presence of management noticably absent. I sat in the restaurant for 15min with the staff passing by without enquiring to my needs. They proceeded to sit nearby to eat a collective meal together. Eventually, having been approached I asked for a burger without salad or any kind of dressing and specifically no cheese or mayo and this was done in Lao (Thai) & English which unusually was written down. Yes! It came smothered and had to be sent back. The toilets in the restaurant were quite simply unacceptable with bins overflowing etc. The morning arrived heralded by a cacophony of competing roosters at 5am (other guests claimed it was much earlier). This was followed by seriously (really seriously) loud music from a four speaker pole next to the hotel which nearly had me leap from my bed with shock, this in turn was followed by government messages which droned on for around 2 hours in a loud female voice, topped off by more music. This took us up to 8.00 am. I believe the music and the early morning discourse only occurs weekdays. This then only leaves the cockerels on the weekends.
So, if you want a nights sleep and don't want to listen to "cock-a-doodle-doo, my advice is; Just cock-a-doodle -doN'T.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Hanuman,

I regret to have learned that your experience with us at Inthira Hotel was not all that you hoped for. Our goal is always to exceed guests expectations and it’s never easy to hear that we were unable to do so. I will immediately speak to my staff at the reception since i don t understand that they did not take good care of you once you complained. Regarding the water that went off, unfortunately the situation was the same in all Vang Vieng and there is nothing we could have done. Most of the time the water comes back after a few minutes.
At the restaurant, we only hire local people and English is unfortunately their forte. I am sorry that they did not understand your comments regarding the burger. We are teaching English every week to every body and hopefully with time they will improve.

I will contact you privately and I hope you will come back and give us a second chance.

Best regards,

Thongsay
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Great location, very competitive prices, and we had a huge room with large patio. The staff were all extremely helpful and the food in their restaurant was good.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Stephen,
We were happy to read your review and wanted to thank you for the comments and your feedback.
I will read your review to my staff right away !

I hope to see you back soon in Vang Vieng !

Thongsay,
Dorset, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We had a couple of nights here on our way from Luang Prabang to Ventiane. It is a pleasant hotel, clean and comfortable. The staff were excellent, nothing was too much trouble. The outside bar and restaurant area front the street and is a pleasant place to sit and watch the world go by. It is just out of town, which is just as well as the centre rocks at night and is too noisy for us old fogies. We liked the hotel, but would probably stay down by the river another time to get the wonderful views of the mountains.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Inthira Vang Vieng? Share your experiences!