“Best night ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kangaroo Sunset Bar

Kangaroo Sunset Bar
Corner of Blue Lagoon Turn Off | Corner of Blue Lagoon Turn Off, Past the Hospital, Vang Vieng 35467, Laos
+856 20 98 995 154
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 53 Restaurants in Vang Vieng
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Australian, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Dining on a budget
Adelaide, Australia
“Best night ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Spent my birthday here while on tour, and I do not think I have ever had that much fun before. The staff were excellent, and happy to help out in anyway possbile, and the food was glorious, a welcome break from the massive amounts of asain food that I had consumed. This place is party central.

“best bar in town !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

i've been there for one night , but still stuck in my mind! Good vibe , great music , Friendly staff , and very cheap beer lao in happy hour. i'll be back really soon ! Miss this town already

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Thung Song, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Thailand
“Fun fun fun!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great place to meet people and drink your night away! Free t shirts if you get a cocktail! Awesome vibe!

Visited August 2013
Trang,Thailand
“Delicious and fun.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Delicious food and friendly service.
Local food here is very delicious.
With good service, the atmosphere very well.
Night all customers who use the service is friendly. It makes the atmosphere more fun.
Here is one place where I go every day to do in Vang Vieng.

Hanoi, Vietnam
“Came for a week.. Stayed for 3.. Friends for life...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was supposed to come to VV for only a week... We stumbled aross Kangaroo as we were getting out of the rain... We we greeted by the biggest smile in all of Laos.. He welcomed us out of the rain and didn't try to pressure us to eat or drink thier... Then offered of free pool while we waited for the rain to stop.. The generosity was amazing... We were actually looking for a place to eat so we ate their anyways. The food was amazing.. Especially the Laap chicken... The Lao people are amazingly friendly and this family set the precedent... Over the next three weeks I ate or had a few drinks their every day/night.. I got to know the entire staff very well.. If you visit VV, please at least stop there to meet them. You will not be disapointed...When I left the entire kangaroo family hugged me goodbye.. I made memories and friends that will last a lifetime..