“Delicious!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Masaka
Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: OK, One of my friends there just e-mailed the street address... "One Mutuba Gardens." This will serve to update my earlier submissions regarding Cafe Frikadellen in Masaka, Uganda. Thanks!
Kalomo, Zambia
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2015

Alright, I admit that I might be biased here as I have not had proper Danish food for 10 months whilst I had also just spent three days at Bwindi Backpackers which does not exactly get five stars for cooking.

That said Cafe Frikadellen serves really great food as my mother or grandmother would cook it. I only had one meal in Masaka as it was just a stopover but I am really happy that another restaurant was closed so that I went here. And that without knowing that it was predominantly Danish food.

I had the special Danish burger and fries. It was spot on. I also ordered cold potato salad with frikadeller which was as good whilst I topped it all of with two lovely cinnamom rolls. Yes, it was far too much but it was so good that I kept on ordering more even though I was full.

I higly recommend this place and I hope to be back soon.

Visited April 2015

“An average danish - ugandan mix”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

Great menu and nice place. Too bad half of the food wasn't there and price quantity waren't balanced out between different dishes. Friendly staff and good service. Will probably give it another chance.

• Visited January 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“great coffee, great guacamole”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2014

Really nice, flavourful coffee, delicious guacamole and fried chapatti chips. The garden is a lovely place to sit and rest or work in peace.

Visited October 2014
“Friendly, if slow, staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Nice place with friendly staff but the menu and decor are all a bit dated. Food is good, but not as fresh as you'd like. Pretty nice coffee, but due to its popularity with 'mzungus the internet is pretty slow(and so is the service most days). Nice place to go on a Friday night to eat lots of BBQ food and chat with travellers!!

Cheshire
“Thank Goodness for Cafe Fikadellen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This cafe was a godsend after we discovered Ten Tables had shut. You can relay on good safe food here. After eating here we booked for the rest of our stay.

• Visited July 2013