I've travelled all over the world, 47 countries in total, and this is the first time I have felt so positive about a hotel that I committed to take the time to write a report on TripAdvisor upon my return. Le Telfair was a a five star experience in all aspects. Beautiful hotel, with a refreshing, colonial style and very well maintained. Food in Annabella's was first class (we took the half-board option). It didnt involve a buffet melee which suited us. We had a lovely meal and experience at the Mauritian night at Chateau Bel Ombre and Lobster meal on the beach, under the stars.
One key factor in choosing Le Telfair was not only the look of the hotel, and the positive reports on TripAdvisor but the golf course which was complimentary. Beautiful course, very well kept and an all round first class golfing experience. We played eight times ! Apparently its now the No 1 golf course in Mauritius.
Super modern gym, with David a personal trainer on hand. The Thai Chi was very relaxing. Some nice touches like an on site nurse (all are included in the price with no extra charges). Nice spa although like many in these good hotels, quite expensive.
One main differentiating factor was the quality of staff who delivered excellent customer service in a very natural, friendly manner. All obviously had very good training and most we spoke to had been there since the hotel opened 7 years ago, always a good sign. Very reliable, if someone said they were going to do something, they did it and in a timely and professional manner. Management very visible and proactively sought feedback for continuous improvement.
All in all, would highly recommend.. Note: Le Telfair is certainly a level up from its sister hotel The Awali next door.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf Hotel
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Le Telfair Hotel
- Hotel Le Telfair
- Le Telfair
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort offers a variety of luxury accommodation in a discrete village design with 20 different villas of 6 or 8 rooms. 158 rooms and suites have beautiful sea views or river views with floor to ceiling French windows, private balconies or verandas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Tingo, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.