My husband and I stayed at the Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort in Sept 2012 and also held our wedding there. Our entire stay was perfect, we couldn't fault a single thing. Before we'd even got into the hotel, they greeted us with drums and a refreshing drink! And it didn't disappoint from there.The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and they came to feel like friends by the end of the holiday. The hotel is immaculately clean as are the rooms, housekeeping do a great job. The restaurants and their food are out of this world, I challenge anyone to not enjoy them! There was such a wide range of choices in the Balafon buffet restaurant and for a more formal setting on the beach, the Infinity Blue is just incredible. Being able to eat and relax whilst overlooking the amazing view is something you just won't forget. There's also a beautiful spa and great sports facility and plenty to do if you get bored of sunbathing on the beach (or you want to get rid of the husband for a bit!)
And with regards to our wedding, we owe the staff everything for making our wedding day so perfect. I couldn't have imagined in my wildest dreams just how amazing the day would be and with the beachfront setting, it was just truly breathtaking. The staff made the whole process so relaxed that we didn't have to worry about a thing. They ordered the flowers and extras with no problem and made us the most beautiful wedding cake. They greeted us after our session with the photographer with a bottle of bubbly and then we dined on a fabulous meal out under the stars in the beach kiosk. When we got back to our room, it had been decorated so beautifully with fresh flowers and the towels folded into swans.
I could write for hours about how wonderful this hotel and it's magnificent staff are but really you need to go there and experience it for yourself. Do not believe the bad reviews!! Honestly, if you want the most perfect holiday of your life where you can relax and be treated like royalty, this is the place for you. We cannot wait to go back over and over again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the unspoiled wild south of the island, Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort is the ideal place to experience authentic Mauritius and relax in harmony with nature either for just the two of you, or with the whole family. This luxury hotel combines elegance with the magic of Africa and offers high-end accommodations and an exceptional range of facilities: 18 hole golf course overlooking the ocean, two of the most beautiful well being centres of the Indian Ocean area with the Seven Colours Spa and the Umuzi Fitness Centre, a unique concept in kids' clubs, a fine dining gourmet restaurant as well as another amazing culinary experience in Seven Colours Energy Cuisine and privileged access to a colonial manor house and a nature reserve. A variety of unique delights to leave you with unforgettable holidays in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Awali Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Awali Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Resort Bel Ombre
- Heritage Mauritius
- Heritage Golf Spa Mauritius
- Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre