the holiday starts really well with the warm welcome at the hotel and finishes sadly-only because you do not want to leave.we tried all the restaurants, ginja for its good asian food. annabelles was poor with a really small menu and the food was returned for poor quality. the chateau is a good dining venue and occassion. to make even more of it ask for the a la carte menu as we were not offered this, to our disappointment. balafon is good for the variety of its buffet. cyan at c beach we enjoyed very much on both occasions. infinity blue seems to be the popular choice but we were disappointed only in that the lunch menu and dinner menu did not change in the 10 days we were there. trying to order a drink in the lounge bar can at times be hit and miss. the beach is nice but is not the powder white sand version.
there are 3 swimming pools but none for adults only-which would be nice.
our room was very nice and kept spotlessly clean.the towels are old though and need to be changed for new ones.the chairs in balafon also could do with replacing. the seats are badly stained and the seat backs are always covered in the stuff that you don`t want that is left behind by all the birds.we have several stained tops.the staff are a great asset and we were well looked after.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the unspoiled wild south of the island, Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort is the ideal place to experience authentic Mauritius and relax in harmony with nature either for just the two of you, or with the whole family. This luxury hotel combines elegance with the magic of Africa and offers high-end accommodations and an exceptional range of facilities: 18 hole golf course overlooking the ocean, two of the most beautiful well being centres of the Indian Ocean area with the Seven Colours Spa and the Umuzi Fitness Centre, a unique concept in kids' clubs, a fine dining gourmet restaurant as well as another amazing culinary experience in Seven Colours Energy Cuisine and privileged access to a colonial manor house and a nature reserve. A variety of unique delights to leave you with unforgettable holidays in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Awali Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Awali Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Resort Bel Ombre
- Heritage Mauritius
- Heritage Golf Spa Mauritius
- Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre