I am usually used to luxurious 5 star hotel services and I do not usually go for a self serviced accommodation. But the villas looked amazing and had really good reviews so I chose to book in Heritage villas rather than the Four Seasons for the excellent reviews and the better price.
We arrived in the hotel and were taken to our Four Bedroom Villa (Villa 11) and we loved the place right away. Everything was top class and super clean. The villa had:
-2 seating areas indoor and a small toilet
-4 En suit bedrooms (3 next to each other, and 1 more private that can be accessed through a garden)2 of them had indoor bath and outdoor showers
-3 seating areas outside (1 in the front of the villas and 2 at the back facing the swimming pool)
-1 dining table inside (10 seats)
-1 dining table outside
-Open kitchen with oven, barbecue, refrigerator, freezer, 1 nespresso machine, one filter coffee machine, toaster. basically fully equipped with everything you need even for a small party.
-Barbecue area outside
-A back room for laundry and dishwasher, etc.
-A golf cart (for 4 person only, even though the villas was for 8)
It was even better than the pictures you saw in there website. The housekeeping came everyday and did an excellent job. Although you can access all services within the two nearby hotels we had the following problems:
- The first day we went to have breakfast at the Chateau and it was only us and another couple. We were given a menu to choose from and the services was really slow.
- The next time we went to breakfast it turned out to be a buffet (a very crowded one) because there was a group staying at he hotel for a wedding. The breakfast was limited to tea/coffee, some fruits, toasts/pastries, canned juices, freshly cooked egg station, baked beans.
- The next day we decided to order our breakfast in the villa and eat it by the pool, and thank GOD we bought some grocery the day before! The food came packed as if we order takeaway from a cheap restaurant and it was not nearly enough. We ordered for 6 people and expected to get 6 meals, but what we got was barely enough for 2, and they forgot the coffee. So NEVER order in.
- If you want to order room service you have to order HOURS in advance.
- There were so many mosquitoes and insects and nothing was done to control them. We got bit A LOT.
- Although the housekeeping cleaned the villas well, it seemed they do not clean the outdoor seating areas. There were spider webs all over the chairs and tables.
- We woke up one day and found that our golf cart was STOLEN! The hotel staff said one of the hotel guest took it, but i don't see how its possible without the key. They told us they will return it and give us 50% if we want to take another golf cart.
- We were leaving the hotel in the Evening (at 7pm) and rather than check out early, we paid for the extra night. We went out during the day and came back at 4 to find that our villas was not cleaned, which was disappointing since they are supposed to clean because we have already paid for that night.
- I tried the Spa at Heritage Awali, and while the place is amazing, the therapist were not as skilled as expected.
OVERALL, I enjoyed my trip to Mauritius and If you are expecting 5 star hotel service 24 hrs a day, go to another hotel. As Villas I would say they are 5 stars, but although they were really amazing, I cannot recommend them to a friend due to the limited services.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.