“Welcoming warm and generous hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

You added Margarita Studios to your Saves list
Margarita Studios
Ampelas 84401, Greece   |
Linkoping, Sweden
“Welcoming warm and generous hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Margarita studios is my favourite place to stay when visiting Paros. During the years I've become more and more attached to the family and the way they are. They really make me feel as one of them. Nothing seems to be impossible for Stella, always friendly and helpful and spending time for a chat and really showing interest for me as a person. Margaritas homemade food is so delicous. The rooms are nice and clean, the surroundings and the poolarea is great, the staff is most friendly and Paros is an island with wonderful sandy beaches, interesting paths to climb or walk along, small pretty villages, all this is easy reachable by the fine roads around the island. I' ve been staying at Margaritas for 7 times..and more it will be.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Before I start my comment, I would like to indicate that our choice to stay at Margarita Studios was purely based on the positive reviews that we read on Trip Advisor. That has since served as a valuable lesson for us: we will never again rely solely on the comments that visitors leave here in our choice of hotel accommodations. To the point that I am questioning whether visitors are actually the ones commenting on their experiences at Margarita Studios or whether the personnel/owners are not largely ensuring their own self-promotion through this web site!!! Margarita Studios is a horrific place to stay. Now let me tell you what why.
A family of 4, we arrived late at night following a long trip. Stella's unsmiling, unhappy son greeted us when we arrived. The welcome was anything but warm.... But I brushed that aside expecting to be comforted by our awaiting room. We walked in the darkness with our large suitcases/bags (barely assisted) to our grimy room. When I walked in, I twas dumbfounded by what I saw! Literally! My jaw dropped and I opened and shut my eyes several times to ensure I wasn't dreaming. Unfortunately I wasn't. So I turned to Stella's son, incredulous, and asked, "Are we at Margarita Studios? Is this Stella's hotel?" The truth being that Stella and I had corresponded by email in preparation for our trip and she had been thoroughly friendly and responsive. It seemed absolutely impossible that THIS was her place. Her unhappy son assured me we were at the right place and left us with barely a good night. The room was awful. Old, dirty, charmless. The lighting was bad. The fridge was terribly loud (we could not sleep and therefore wound up unplugging it). The bathroom was tiny, old and dirty. I was shocked. After trying to show enthusiasm to my children, I put them to bed in their minuscule couches-turn-into-beds, and once they were asleep, my husband and I decided that we would demand a better room in the morning.
This we managed. Only the new room was barely better. I asked Stella to show me the rooms you could see on the website- I began questioning whether they actually existed! They did (2 of them, the pink and the green suites), but unfortunately they were taken for a few more days by other travelers. So we stayed in disgusting room #2 for another few nights before managing to transfer to one of the suites. We paid substantially more for it, but anything to get us into a decent room!.
In total, we stayed at Margarita Studios for 2 weeks. We desperately wished we had booked next door at Stella's sister in law's hotel which was brand new, clean and perfectly kept. Not to mention that she was so much more friendly. Stella and the rest of her family seemed so unhappy! Never a smile. Barely a hello. I hate to be critical, but I feel that visitors of Trip Advisor should be warned. I only wish I had read a negative review before making my choice- it would have raised my suspicion and possible avoided our negative hotel experience....
Paros was lovely. We had rented a car so managed to see many of the villages on the island (as well as Anti Paros). The beaches were lovely. The water was extremely clean everywhere- no plastic bottles or plastic bags ruining the Mediterranean environment here. Outside of Naoussa, we found Paros to be largely visited by Greeks, which was a pleasant surprise.
Naoussa was very touristy, but we loved going there for strolls and ice cream in the evenings.
All in all, we loved our Paros holiday. If only we had made a better choice of hotel....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Visitparos, Owner at Margarita Studios, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Guest ,
We are sorry to hear about your inconvenience, and appreciate your comments here.
I do apologize that we did not live up the usuall good standarts that the majority of TA talk about us.
We welcome all constructive criticism,as it helps us to get better,
The experiences you described are not characteristic of the level of service our colleaugues strive to provide and we apologize your stay was unsantisfactory.
We have briefed the housekeeping and the bell boy (my son is not working with us) as we do take all your comments seriously and we will take the necessary steps immediately.
We realize that our property is ready for a refresh and our modest rates reflect this. Renovations works are in progress in our hotel, we widen the choice of our services and we work on increasing of our level and we continue to invest in our hotel ,even in these rough days for Greece.
But most of all ,we were quite surprised to hear that in all these days ,you didn’t even see ...not once ... our smile.....
Customer service is our number one priority, and it is very important ,especially to me that I treat my client as I want to be treated, and I am truly upset that this relationship didn’t work out.
We are happy that you have spoken up so that we may better our property.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in the near future
With kind regards,
Stella & Margarita’s team
Port Douglas, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Thank you Stella, Margarita and Desi for a wonderful stay at your beautiful property! We spent 5 nights in the pink suite which was spacious, clean and comfortable. The pool is huge and restaurant serves delicious greek food. The included breakfast is plentiful and the perfect way to start the day. It is just a short walk to a lovely quiet and clean beach and there are plenty of eating options around. I would recommend hiring a car for some of your stay to explore this beautiful island. Thanks again for a fantastic stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

we stayed seven days. family 3 children. beach is few min walk. beatiful beaches around. the sweeming pull is clean. service is pleasent . if you need any advice sttela is friendly speaking good english and wiling to assist. who likes to be not distourbed will find quiet enviroment . highly recomended.

• Stayed September 2012
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We chose margarita studios in Paros as it offered more spacious accommodation suitable for us and our 3 children. We stayed in the pink suite which we were very happy with. It was spotlessly cleaned each day. We had breakfast included which was very nice, particularly the home made cakes.

We spent the first few days locally. There is a nice beach and a few very good tavernas. We then hired a car to explore the island and visit different beaches.

Stella worked tirelessly to ensure the satisfaction of her guests. Thank you Stella.

• Stayed August 2012
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was a lesson in not being influenced by first impressions! When we were shown to our room, it had a very tatty door that didn't look as though it had been painted in many years. The fridge in the room had rusty shelves. Where had we come to? The answer was a very friendly clean, tidy well run set of studios/apartments.

There is a lovely pool, and the food is good and inexpensive. Oranges are freshly squeezed as needed at breakfast time and the buffet is constantly being topped up with fresh supplies from the kitchen.

Best of all, Stella is really welcoming and friendly, as are all the other staff. Stella's knowledge of the island is excellent and if you want any information, she knows it and is able to give good clear directions! How she knows how to find these places I don't know because she always seems to be working! ..and she was so excited the day that her dog had 5 unexpected puppies!!

If you don't want to go far, the pool is good, or there is a nice, sandy, sheltered beach about 10 to 15 minutes walk away by the little harbour. But it would be a shame not to explore the island to find a favourite beach or explore other towns and villages.

One tip Stella - please get the door to our apartment painted!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

If I would be asked for a place in Greece where you will find all things you unify with wellness, silence and hearty and very kind people - stay one time at Margarita. I travel there since many years - some year twice. Mother Margarita, Stella and her family will care for you and you will miss nothing.
Enjoy a bath in the clear sea on wonderful beaches, the beautiful view to Naxos, a graet pool and the typical greek kitchen of Margarita in the own run restaurant.
I think you will come back again.
Michael from Berlin

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Margarita Studios? Share your experiences!