For our Sept 25th stay, a friend and I booked and paid for a room with two queen beds a few weeks in advance via Travelocity. When we arrived, check in paperwork was given to us, and five minutes into the process of filling it out, Ben Patel, the manager said "There is a problem with the room." The hôtel had given away the room with two queen beds and only a room with one king bed was available. Instead of apologizing, Mr. Patel belligerently said that we would need to call Travelocity and let them know of the problem. He then said he would give us the king room at a lower rate than the room we had booked, but we would need to call Travelocity to get the difference refunded. His unhelpful demeanor and attitude that it was our problem, not his, was appalling, the antithesis of basic customer service. I also did not appreciate him raising his voice to us when we asked why he couldn't contact Travelocity on our behalf since it was the hotel's error.
The room we were given had a broken air conditioning unit and was stuffy, hot, and reeked of car air freshener. We asked for another fan, and were told that none were available. So, not only did we have to share a bed, we had to sleep with the door open. At 5am, a group staying at the hotel began a noisy departure. Not a restful night's sleep.
The next day at check out, Mr. Patel, upon request, provided an email which he sent to Travelocity. I suggested that when the hotel makes a booking mistake, an apology is the appropriate response. He then apologized.
When I got back from my trip, I found Travelocity had not refunded the difference to my credit card, and when I called them, they did not have the email from Mr. Patel. After an hour on the phone, I received a refund for the difference in rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Historic Pioneer Lodge and Restaurant is centrally located in downtown Springdale near the entrance of Zion National Park. We have 40 beautifully appointed rooms in rustic western decor. There is a jacuzzi suite, a one bedroom apartment and a 3 bedroom apartment. On location we have a full service restaurant, open 7 days a week serving excellent quality meals, an Internet Cafe/Espresso Bar and gift shoppe. There is a outdoor pool and jacuzzi. We have guest laundry facilities. Our property has been totally renovated in 2006. We pride ourself in excellent customer service with a relaxing home away from home attitude. We have a 4 diamond rating with AAA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Historic Pioneer Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historic Pioneer Hotel Springdale
- Pioneer Hotel Springdale
- Historic Pioneer Lodge Springdale, Utah