“Best of the Best” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Motel   |   707 Zion Park Blvd., Springdale, UT 84767   |
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
“Best of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Spacious, updated,, views, amenities, staff, location . . . this is truly the pearl of the area. We arrived early and Alane at the front desk had expedited the cleaning of our room, so we got right in. She immediately offered us local information and shared opinions and suggestions of local attractions and restaurants. The room had much more than a typical hotel room (fridge, toaster oven, dishwasher, microwave) with a large balcony and two adirondack chairs to look out over the pool and mountains. Next time we might request a room along the river. We especially like the location - second stop outside the park on the Springdale shuttle made it unnecessary to sit through multiple stops through town. But we were close enough to walk to everything in town. Cute little coffee shop/gift shop on site.

Room Tip: Rooms along the river has serene overlook. Rooms overlooking pool enjoy energy of guests enjoying p...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I scoured the hotels of the area before our trip-This place stood out, really looked upscale, clean and got great reviews-I liked that there was a suite option, it had everything we needed and we booked it right away-
Prior to our visit I would call to ask questions about the room and every time each person was so nice-I decided to request a room on the 2nd floor and that was done so easily-I needed to then change the form of payment to a different card and that was done with no issue, just the nicest people-

The day we flew into Vegas to drive to Springdale our flight was delayed-So we got into Vegas late and our drive to Desert Pearl was delayed-We were starving and tired when Michelle called from the Pearl-She asked if we were still planning to stay with them-I told her what happened and she reminded me of the time change and asked where we were, she then let me know that it was best to eat in St. George than Mesquite, which was really helpful-

We finally arrived around 9:00 and BJ was at the reception area to greet us-She was so nice, the whole area where you walk in is relaxing and just calms you down-She gave us such great information (shuttle info, restaurants, property info etc.) and then sent us on our way to our room-

We get to our room and I was like a little kid-It looked like the pictures and better! Vaulted ceilings, nice hardwood floors, 2 bathrooms, the master is HUGE! The bedroom was big, the living room was perfect, the kitchen had all you needed and the balcony was awesome-

Being a female I loved the bathroom/vanity area-A separate sink area to wash my face, and then a little nook with a seat to put on my makeup so I was away from the shower/bathtub/toilet area-Speaking of bathtub, I felt like I could turn into a mermaid in that thing-I had the spout on and the shower head on and was in heaven-Now the only downside is that it is a mystery at times of the temperature of the water-Luckily I like being lobster red so it was ok-It's this way in the shower too, my boyfriend doesn't like lobster red so I had to laugh when I saw him struggling in the shower with massive steam pouring out and his face worried-You get it figured out quickly though, I learned the big knob should be b/t 2-3 o' clock and the little one blow at 3 o'clock and you are good to go-
The shower has dual heads and has a seating area, it's great for ladies so you can shave without being wobbly-
Oh and there is a bidet, new to me and interesting to try-Let's say you will feel clean afterwards, just be cautious of the hot water side...

My whole goal for the trip was hiking, so when you were done for the day it was a great feeling to open the door and have your huge place to walk into-Take those sandy tennis shoes off and put those burning feet on the cool wood floor and relax-Every night we'd shake our shoes out and put them outside so they could air out-

We only used the maid service 2x during our 5 night stay, but they did a great job-They even put the dishes away in the dishwasher we ran before they came (yes it has a mini dishwasher)-

We stayed in 602, corner unit which I loved-Only complaint my boyfriend had was the room was next to the service room that housekeeping used-So you heard them opening up the door when we were in the room-Not a big deal but if that bothers you keep that in mind-

There is a good sized pool and hot tub-I'm not into "human soup" but did dip my feet in there one morning, felt good after hiking the Narrows for 5 hours the previous day-

One tip that people must use, I mean this seriously...stop at the Walmart in Hurricane before arriving in Springdale-The local grocery store, Sol, is ridiculous...$9 for a large bag of M&M's made me mouth "WTF" like I was in a movie-I knew it would be like this I guess I wasn't awake yet so $2.50 for a Snickers and $3.79 for Evian made me laugh-Due to our flight being delayed Walmart was the last thing on our mind after hours of travel-So we only got bread, PB&J that morning at Sol Supermarket there and drove to the Walmart that night-It's a winding drive but seriously worth it-It's a clean Walmart with tons of food to get-Probably a 45 minute to an hour drive round trip-Even if you are Donald Trump rich the food there isn't that good, the bread and jelly were thumbs down, luckily the natural peanut butter was decent-

There is a laundry area, which was next to us, yet we didn't use it-I just washed my socks out with soap and then air dried them on the table on the balcony-We did use the Coke machines frequently, there are 2 on premise-

I so look forward to coming back here-They are so accommodating,honest and great people to run a hotel-There are people every day working the grounds, always clean and pretty darn quiet-

I can't wait to come back, honestly mid-September is the perfect time for the weather was awesome!

Food tips:
-There is a Subway right outside the stop where you go to enter Zion, never knew about that until the last night-
-Boyfriend liked the burrito at Oscars
-BBQ pizza at Willies was pretty good, went there 2x for it-

Room Tip: Second floor has vaulted ceilings and no noise from above-You also have privacy unless there is an A...
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed at the Pearl for 2 nights and it was very good. The location is great, closer to everything you need while in Zion, people are friendly and ready to help. The rooms are spacious and clean as well as the entire hotel. Decoration is simple and fits the place. The room had tv, microwave, small oven, so if you want to do some indoor cooking you shouldn't have that much trouble, considering the limitations. Definitely recommend

Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This delightful inn right outside Zion is a bit pricey but extremely well designed and maintained. The rooms have everything you might want - large lovely bathroom, delightful sitting area, lovely porch with teak chairs, wonderful kitchenette with frig, microwave, dishwasher, sink and counter and fully stocked with dishes, silverware, glassware. We could have easily stayed a week!

Room Tip: Ask for a creekside room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Can't help but start with the views. Zion is one of the most spectacular places on earth. And it's right out the door at the Desert Pearl. The hotel itself is full of eye candy. The rooms are beautifully decorated, spacious and comfortable. The sweet sound of the babbling brook outside make it a crime to sleep with the doors closed! Be sure to take your shoes off and walk in the grass. It's the softest most perfect grass ever. Lay in it, take in the starry night! And if your toes can stand even more pleasure step into the world's softest sand leading down into the river. Yum. And you're just minutes away from jawdropping drives, and hikes. The service in the hotel is nice. The pool area is inviting. I dream of living here. Not just Springdale, but right at the Desert Pearl. Definitely a must. (We stay here every time!)

Room Tip: Personally I prefer the ground floor rooms facing the grass and the river...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ascot, Berkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed here in late August as part of a longer stay in the US and chose the Desert Pearl Inn due to the generally great write ups on Tripadvisor. Our first thanks to all the previous guests who provided the right information for us to make the right choice of where to stay.

It was everything that others have elaborated – well maintained, beautiful location, peaceful, close to the National Park, informative staff, clean, etc. There is no need for us to repeat the generally great praise on here – we agree with those that have gone before.

Our room was just what we wanted – an upstairs room backing onto the river, away from the pool. We can imagine that the pool rooms are exciting and handy if you have a family – the pool itself is large with a great hot tub. It is not too sprawling, so there is not a long walk for any facility. The room was very well appointed – spacious, well kitted out kitchenette – lovely balcony. We were lucky enough to see evening rain and a flash flood in the river – a real spectacle – everyone was out of their rooms looking at it.

The town itself is perfect for food and drink – ask the staff for recommendations and look on here – Tripadvisors have been truthful in their reviews – thank you again.

Zion National Park is gorgeous – the town shuttle bus service is particularly welcome – a nice touch to get you around although the town is small enough to walk everywhere (as long as it is not tipping down with rain!).

A lovely few days and an unbelievable juxtaposition of the natural beauty of Springdale with the man made beauty of Las Vegas only a couple of hours away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river - stay away from rooms that overlook the pool due to the noise
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I can be a pretty hard judge on hotels but I can find nothing negative about the Desert Pearl. Service was polite, efficient and discrete. Rooms were clean, comfortable well equipped and contemporary, with lots of storage and great amenities.

The inn gives easy access to Zion, either a 15 minute walk or by shuttle right outside of the door.

Decent places to eat in town, good supermarket all close by.

I will be back!

Room Tip: Choose one of the rooms overlooking river - you wont regret it
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Desert Pearl Inn? Share your experiences!