“Most Amazing Stay and Value I've EVER had!!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Most Amazing Stay and Value I've EVER had!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I live in Beverly Hills, California. I'm no stranger to fancy hotels, I'm also unfortunately no stranger to crumby ones either. The Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens is COMPLETELY unlike anything I have or you will ever witness. There is something extremely unique and intoxicating about this place. Its very similar to the feeling you get when you see pictures of far off tropical lands that you almost can't believe exist in reality. I could blather on until I'm blue in the face about the spirit and allure the Cliffrose has, but words can only do so much justice to how breath taking of an environment the Cliffrose resides in.

The Rooms themselves are beyond superb, especially for their rate. I would expect to pay almost 4 times what they charge for the quality and cleanliness of the rooms they provide (and I've stayed there quite a few times and in an assortment of their rooms). The beds are to die for, there were times that I almost thought I had died that I was so comfortable. The decor is modern without being cliche and still retaining charm. The Bathrooms are comfortable and spacious with attention to detail in the sinks and bathtubs/showers.

The Suites are amazing, and if you have the opportunity to reserve one, you'd be a fool not to. The Staff there is absolutely the most pleasant group of people I've ever met. And it's not that forced, fake "my boss makes me be pleasant" pleasant. Everyone is genuine and oozing with happiness and its utterly contagious.

All of this would be enough to give this place 5 stars, but the Cliffrose is one of those anomalies where you almost just don't know what to do with yourself. You're walking distance to one of the most breath taking national parks (Zion) in the world. You're walking distance to some of the best restaurants in the country. There's fire pits for roasting marshmellows at night. It sits right near the river so you always have that calming soothing sound of water. The pool is gorgeous and heated. .... and of course... there's the infamous hot tub. Sitting in that hot tub during sunset, gazing upon the walls of Zion has to be the closest thing I've found to Nirvana on this planet.

Do yourself a favor and treat yourself to a stay at the Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens. See the sights, stop up at the front desk to say hi to the amazing staff and to stock up your fridge on some of the amazing local brews they have for sale there and don't forget to take a dip in the hot tub! It's the perfect place to unwind or do anything, even if that means just laying barefoot in the grass doing absolutely nothing but listening to the river and getting lost in the astounding sights Cliffrose has to offer.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
Saint George, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

My wife and I were looking for something special to do this Valentines day. I started asking around to find something unique and affordable. My aunt and uncle told me about their stay at the Cliffrose Lodge and Gardens, and recommended that we try it. It was perfect in everyway. The scenary in Springdale is beautiful, the room had everything that we needed, the hotel grounds are well taken care of, and the staff made us feel right at home. I would, without hesitation, recommended this fabulous hotel experience to anyone. Thanks again Cliffrose, we'll be back again soon!

Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

While the hotel grounds are beautiful and the view is amazing, if you want to get a good night's sleep, go somewhere else! We stayed two nights (Friday and Saturday) and could hear EVERYTHING our neighbors on the left, the right AND upstairs were doing. I mean everything. We had a ground level room, which means we had a balcony above us and could hear each time they opened the door. And every step they took on the floor. It felt like I was sleeping in the basement of an old house. We could hear different TV programs going on, people talking, going to the bathroom and other "stuff". Then my neighbor's snoring started up. ALL NIGHT LONG. The walls were so paper thin, I was constantly telling my two and four year old children to be quiet for fear they may disturb someone.

In addition to the awful noise, the children's playground at Cliffrose, while a nice gesture, is broken down. The sea saw is all cracked (plastic and sun rotted) and I was afraid for my daughters to play on it. The lodge would do better to throw out the broken items than risk a child getting hurt on dilapidated gestures.

I am so tired from our "vacation", I cannot wait to get a good night's sleep tonight! Cliffrose, I am terribly sorry, but the rooms just do not provide a good night's sleep and I would never recommend anyone try to actually sleep there.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay, request an upper floor and an end room so you don't have to deal with...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
cliffrose1, General Manager at Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
First let me say I'm terribly sorry for the experience this guest had with us. Let me say that although our buildings are not 100% sound proof they do have double walls, insulation, and sound board between each room. We do everything we can here to make sure each guest has a wonderful experience while staying with us. Nose complaints are extremely rare for us. If a guest has any sort of an issue we strongly encourage them to let us know so that we can do everything we can to accommodate them. If a guest does not inform us of an issue there is nothing we can do. If you have read this review I strongly encourage you to also read through our other reviews. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our property please call and speak with one of our guest representatives, and we will do everything we can to make sure you have a great experience at the Cliffrose Lodge.

Breck Dockstader
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

This hotel has the most beautiful grounds! It's obvious that money is not the owner's only motivation because they could put a lot more rooms on the grounds. The room, itself, is ordinary, though nice and very clean. But the grounds and the view are magnificent. Flower beds, trees, benches . . . just lovely! And the pool and hot tub are truly wonderful. The staff are very polite and helpful. I want to tell everyone about it and still just want it to be my secret. Thank you for such a wonderful getaway.

Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Even in early Feb this was a delightful place to stay. The room down by the gardens and river had a fantastic outlook. It was warm, clean and very comfortable. Reception very friendly and helpful. Tea coffee available in reception all day.

Room Tip: Room near river fantastic outlook. Cliffrose Lodge is a short walk to visitors center and shuttle bu...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

The sound proofing between the rooms was virtually nonexistent. We could hear the people upstairs peeing and flushing and the people next-door might as well have been in our room while they were having sex. We could hear their full dirty-talk and pillow-talk conversations, not just the loud moans. The pillows in the room were too thick & brick-like, I basically had my chin on my chest, we ended up using the decorative throw pillows instead. There was sawdust on our beach towels, apparently from the installation of the very nice wall-mounted flat screen TV. If we didn't have a living social deal to pay for this hotel, making it a cool $50/night, than I would have been absolutely furious at the quality of what we received. If we looked at it like a cheap motel, which is in accordance with the price we snagged on the room, than it was average. If you consider it as the fancy-pants place it bills itself out to be, than no, not at all worth it. Or at least request an upstairs & end of the hallway room to reduce the noise potential.

Room Tip: Request a room with as few neighbors as possible, like upstairs corner. Noise between rooms, regardl...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I just stayed at Cliffrose Lodge for a romantic outdoorsy getaway from the city. The hotel in general is sweet, accommodating, and a great location outside of Zion National Park. We stayed in Room #130 which was great because it was on the end (as well as the top floor) which was very quiet. The room has been recently upgraded, great bathtub, large clean and comfortable linens, and a great patio. We also had a tiny fridge, and a microwave. The room literally lacks nothing. We loved being close to a little creek, which also has three fire pits alongside. They even sell firewood to build fires. There is a very clean pool and hot tub, opened 24 hours, and a laundry facility on-site. This feels like a home away from home. The staff working the front desk at this family-owned establishment is so helpful. They even advised us on a day of snow skiing at Brians Head, only about an hour and a half away. Zion National Park is literally less than 1/4 mile away, where we enjoyed lovely hikes with waterfalls. The restaurant next door to the hotel is a great locals breakfast spot. We truly could not of asked for a more accommodating hotel, and look forward to going back!

Room Tip: Loved Room #130
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens? Share your experiences!