“Off season is a good value” 5 of 5 stars

Driftwood Lodge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1515 Zion Park Boulevard, Springdale, UT 84767   |
Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Springdale
HOUSTON
“Off season is a good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Arrived late and loved it immediately. Parked at front door, and loved the very spacious room (see comments below). Woke to a beautiful view out of the front and back doors! This is one of the few pet friendly hotels at the Zion NP gate.

We traveled off season which meant no restaurant, no hot tub (albeit outdoor), and no hot water in the guest laundry room. The upside, fewer guests and more intimate experience. Most restaurants, shops and galleries are within walking distance. The main Zion NP entrance is a couple of miles away and very easy to get to. Rangers are great.

Off season rate was more than reasonable! Would definitely stay again! May even go out of our way to stay again!

Room Tip: I'm willing to bet there are no bad rooms, however, all rooms (it seems) have front and back doo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The newer construction units were beautiful and nicely done, just not well kept.The views and dear out the patio were spectacular.

The lady at the front upon checking in was a bit rude and we were greeting with a why are you here. Very cold and unwelcoming.

Our visit was for 4 days and 3 nites during Thanksgiving so we inquired about food and our options during our stay, she didn't have a clue and said that the resturaunt on the property was probably full. Again did not seem to know or willing to find out.

Before booking this hotel I inquired about noise from the unit that would be above us, and was assured there would not be a problem since it was new construction. DON'T be fooled! It was very noisy our last 2 nites when the upper unit was booked.

The first day the toilet paper was not refilled and had to wait til 8am to get some from the desk since there is no one there from 9pm -8am! This was not communicated at check in.

The second nite the sheets were not changed ( we returned to our room after dark) so I went to get a clean pair from the front desk, they did not fit. Went back to try again, still gave us a queen set for a King bed.
While stripping the bed I found mouse dropping on the mattress cover!!! OMG.
I phoned the lady at the front because the sheets still did not fit ( why am I having to change my sheets anyway at 8pm at nite) and to let her know of my findings.

She seemed unconcerned so I phoned the owner and explained our horrific experience. He phoned the manager and she would see us in the am before we leave. ( remember she does not show up before 8am) we were heading our at 6a to get back to SD.
We were not charged for the one nite-

The owner seems to be distant and the 2 ladies basically do what they want.

The bathroom walls have body fluids all over them in many areas of the wall.

The beds is where they went cheap, not comfortable for being new.

In my opinion without hospitality or a caring demeanor you have nothing or anyone to watch the place in case of emergency of toilet paper.

Will we recommend or stay there again? NO

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Very charming place with big rooms and nice amenities. The staff was friendly and the linens were above average but the heating unit was so noisy we opted to sleep with lots of layers to avoid the noise. Also, avoid being on the bottom floor because the installation between first and second floor is not very good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My sister and I booked two rooms over Thanksgiving weekend 2012. Her room had a funky smell and when she complained, the staff's response was to spray Febreze, masking the odor for just a few minutes. When she checked out, she said it would've been nice if someone had offered to move her to another room, and the front desk clerk outright lied and said no other rooms were available, when the cleaning staff had earlier said there were other rooms available. Meanwhile, my room had no sheets on the pullout bed (though they knew we were 3 in our room, not 2), and because I didn't check until around 10 or so pm, the front desk was closed, the phone went straight to voicemail, and I was left to fend for myself. If it weren't for the cleaning crew leaving the door unlocked to a supply room in a separate building, I don't know what we would've done for bedding. What hotel with this many rooms doesn't have 24 hr. service?! Esp. for a room billed at $159/night? Just shocking. We won't return to the Driftwood.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My stay was very good in Driftwood Lodge. Wanted to mention the very friendly staff.
I would stay again there in the future.
pros.: 1.Location 2. Staff. 3. Free Internet 4.Room Condition 5.Beding 6.Kichinnete.
cons.: 1.The bar and restaurant close early. 2. Noisy AC-Heater.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My boyfriend, his sister, and I were traveling through southern Utah at the end of October to see several national parks, including Zion. We wanted to find 2 BR suites rather than get 2 separate hotel room in order to save money. The 2 BR suite that we wanted at Driftwood Lodge got booked just a couple of hours before I could place our own reservation so we decided to reserve a suite with a king bed and living area with a pull-out sofa, and that worked out fine.

The unit was roomy and clean with the nice feature of a balcony overlooking a fenced-in field for horses and several beautiful sandstone cliffs. The king bed was comfortable, and my boyfriend's sister said the sofa was too. The bathroom had a toilet and shower/tub with good water pressure with a sliding door to separate it from the bedroom, and the sink was located in an area between the bedroom and living room with a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker adjacent. There is free wi-fi available in the room also. The BF and his sister took advantage of the pool and hot tub which were still open, but they had to take towels from the room to use there, so I had to call the desk to get extra towels and they were delivered promptly.

The reception area is not very spacious but it is attractive with stone walls and lots of windows. The receptionist was friendly and helpful. Parallel 88 is a white tablecloth restaurant on the premises with great views of the mountains, but we weren't in the mood for an expensive meal. However, there's a wide variety of restaurants and diners along the main drag so we had no problem finding food. Some places can make a boxed lunch for you to take into the park if you want to picnic there. There's also a large grocery store located between the hotel and park that sells fresh produce, camping food and gear, and various sundries, and they make sandwiches too. The shuttle bus to Zion stops right outside the hotel and takes only a few minutes to reach the entrance - it is strongly advised to take this shuttle, especially during high season, since so many tourists visit Zion and the parking lots often reach full capacity.

We enjoyed our stay at Driftwood Lodge and I would recommend this to singles, couples and families depending on what room arrangements are available. There are both cheaper and more expensive hotels in Springdale, but we felt this was a good value and more than met our needs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
las vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We decided to book at the Driftwood hoping that spending a little more ($129/night) than the typical chain hotels (Quality Inn, Best Western, etc) which were around $89/night in hopes of having some upgrades that made the stay a little more luxurious, but were a bit disappointed. We booked a Queen double room w/a patio in the Angel's Landing building. The room itself was oversized compared to a normal hotel room, which was nice. Everything was very clean and it did have a small microwave and refrigerator which were nice amenities. Overall the real disappointments were in the quality of mattress/bedding and the excess noise of the heater and hair dryer. I guess I might be a little spoiled since in Vegas (where I reside) I can get a 5-star hotel SUITE at many of the Luxury hotels on the strip for this price... maybe my expectations were just too high. The mattress was average, and comparable to one at a typical mid-range chain hotel like those mentioned previously. The sheets were nothing to be excited about and definitely not a high thread count. As for the heater noise, it kicked in about every 5 minutes and WOKE ME from sleep nearly every time (and I never have issues sleeping). I finally had to get up and turn it off to get some sleep. The hairdryer is a trivial issue, but nonetheless, paying this rate/night, I would expect upgrades to the little things... that's what makes a traveler appreciate and want to return. I cannot say that I would not stay here again, but would definitely try other hotels in Springdale before returning here... or I would ask for a room with a different type of heater that hopefully wasn't too noisy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Driftwood Lodge? Share your experiences!