“Wow Wow Wonderful!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Under The Eaves

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Springdale
Under The Eaves
You added Under The Eaves to your Saves list
980 Zion Park Boulevard, Box 29, Springdale, UT 84767   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Springdale B&B and Inns
Tucson
“Wow Wow Wonderful!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2009

Steve and Deb were the greatest hosts! It was lovely to stay in a charming home, well furnished and very clean. They accommodated our large extended family, over several nights and let us feel right at home! We could not have expected how warm and inviting our stay would be. It wouldn't have been the same anywhere else. The next time we travel though Springdale, we will most definitely stay at Under the Eves! Just don't break the house rule, no wine in plastic cups, Steve will more then gladly supply his fine stemware for a glass of wine by the cozy fire! Thanks to Steve and Deb for a fabulous time!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2008

My sister and I stayed at Under the Eaves this fall to see the leaves and colors in Zion – what a great trip it was! The B&B is beautiful and welcoming in its simplicity, without tv, phones or hot tubs. The hosts, British-born Steve and Deb, were very knowledgeable about places to check out for hikes, and especially about where to see really spectacular fall colors. We stayed in the two well-appointed and very comfortable house rooms on the main floor – both with private bath. My room (#2) was quite private with the funniest ‘ensuite’ shower/toilet combination; quite compact but ingenious in design. My sister, less fussy, had Room #1 with its own private bath just next door.
Steve and Deb don’t fawn over or bother their guests but are always willing to provide valuable information about places to eat (or not!) and shop. I particularly liked their “room service” idea – you just had to mention or leave a note for what you needed and they would take care of it. (This meant I could leave my room messy and not have to clean up for the cleaner!)
This B&B is a bit of rarity – old fashioned, simple design and no frills – but quiet with excellent places on the property to sit and hang out, or check in with the world with free WiFi. Deb and Steve want their guests to feel that they can relax. It is also centrally located in Springdale, a real plus.
I appreciated that what I saw on the website was a true representation, and it was great that all payments taken care of up front. In the tradition of older B&B’s, this lodging is definitely on our list for a return visit as we felt like royalty in this simple family home.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2008

I stayed at Under the Eaves for 5 nights in september 2008. I found this place the most basic of the B&Bs I stayed in during my 4 week trip to the states.I didn't see much of Steve ( the owner ) as he was away on vacation until the last night & his partner Debbie was always hounding me to pay the money up front, as opposed to paying at the end of the stay. The room was small & you have to request if you wanted it cleaning, or the bedsheets changing, if you don't it will not get done. The worst thing I found about this place though was that the toilet in my room was in the shower cubicle! Also the room had no TV.
On the plus side, you get a voucher to eat breakfast at Oscar's restaurant just around the corner, which did excellent food. The B&B has an excellent garden to sit in & the 2 dogs are very friendly. This place is small & ok, but I don't think it is worth the money you pay for it. I don't think I would stay here again.

• Liked — The breakfasts at Oscar's
  • Disliked — The toilet in my shower cubicle.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NYC-Philly-Baltimoe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2008

We stayed at the Eaves and truly enjoyed our stay. Steve and Deb were very hospitable, and their dogs were adorable. We stayed in multiple rooms during our vacation, and each room was great and allowed us to relax after we had spent our days exploring Zion. We highly recommend this b & b.

• Stayed September 2008
SW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2008

We heard about this gem B & B through someone else who had stayed and it really made our family vacation most enjoyable. The B&B is located just near the entrance to the park near a great coffee shop, restaurants and shops. The owners of the inn are a friendly, fun couple from the UK with excellent accents and a plethora of suggestions on hikes, dinner and all around information.

The variety of rooms they have fit everyone's needs and were homey and clean - with great air conditioning!!! We spent the warm evenings outside gathered around the patio table, hammock and porch swing watching the sun go down on the canyons.

They had plenty of fun board games, books and nick-nacks to play with - but the property itself is so relaxed and enjoying I spend most of the time rotating between the swing, hammock and patio chairs - occasionally playing fetch with their two lovable doggies.

There was also a full-size guest refrigerator for us to use to freeze water bottles and keep sandwich stuff cool for packing lunches.

I highly recommend Under the Eves for anyone who visits Zion - it was such a better experience than the motel we stayed at last time!!!

Stayed August 2008
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at Under the Eaves for two nights in one of their cottages. We have visited Zion and stayed in Springdale four times and this is the only place I would stay again. While the room was small, it provided everything a lodger needs in Zion in the summer; a bed, a shower, storage, and an air conditioner. From the porch of the main house we enjoyed our morning coffee, and then in the evening had the pleasure of witnessing a spectacular rain storm move through the canyon. The grounds of Under the Eaves are wonderful and provide a nice shady retreat after a day of hiking. Steve and Deb are gracious hosts and will make you feel right at home. Steve gives great tips on hikes and places to eat. Because of its central location to the park and places to eat I think Under the Eaves is by far the best place we have stayed in Springdale.

• Liked — The view from the porch and the doggies!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2008

We stayed at the "Eaves" in the Eaves suite with Steve and Deb on our honeymoon. Had a great time. (Steve married us but I never met him before last week) I'm a platinum member at Marriot, Hilton, and Holiday Inn because I live in hotels when traveling for work. They are all pretty much the same, just like every MacDonalds is alike. The "Eaves" isn't the Hilton. It isn't white glove waiters and a concierge with a fake smile pasted on, but more like staying at a friend's house. They don't do breakfast anymore but provide a voucher at "Oscars" a few steps away and it was very good. As to hospitality, Steve and Deb told us where the "secret" swimming hole was and a great piece of slickrock mtn bike trail, and where to eat (check Bit and Spur for Mexican). Our expectations were that the place would be laid back, comfortable, casual, and relaxing. It was all that and we can't wait to go back. Oh yeah, I slept like a rock, the tub was cool, and the porch is the best place to hang out in Springdale. See the pics.

• Liked — very very very friendly hosts
  • Disliked — a little traffic noise, but Springdale ain't the Strip so it was pretty minimal
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Under The Eaves? Share your experiences!