“Bring your own breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #6 of 16 hotels in Springdale
Lot et Garonne
“Bring your own breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Very good hotel, clean comfortable and quiet. Large rooms and a lovely back deck to sit on and enjoy the surrounding canyon. We ate at the adjoining Switchback Restaurant, which I assume is part of the hotel, in the evening and although a little on the pricey side, $265 for 4 people, 2 courses with coffee and wine, both the food and the service was excellent. The best meal we had had on the tour of the Canyonlands. However, for breakfast they only have a buffet option which worked out at $16 per person, there was no Continental Breakfast option. So seeing as I only wanted a slice of toast and a cup of coffee, we decided to do an early brunch - somewhere else.

1,209 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

I recently spent two nights at this motel and couldn't have been more pleased. It began with the scenery that surrounded the motel, the lush landscaping and the genuine friendliness at the front desk. Rooms were clean and comfortable. A nice large deck for guests to use while sipping evening cocktails provided a spectacular view of God's work of creation. I highly recommend this motel.

Stayed October 2012
Carver, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We only stayed at this hotel for one night but we thoroughly enjoyed it. We visited Bryce before coming to Zion and we stayed 2 nights at the Best Western Ruby's at Bryce Canyon and this hotel was a BIG step up from Ruby's. The rooms are nice and clean and comfortable and the grounds are beautiful. They have decks off the back where you can sit and have a beer and relax after spending the day at the park. The free breakfast at the Switchback Restaurant next door was excellent. Springdale is a very nice town and everyone was very friendly and helpful, including the people at the hotel. Would highly recommend staying here if you are visiting Zion Nat'l Park.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
pacific palisades, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

First of all, my wife and I travel frequently and we have never encountered such poor customer service that we encountered at this hotel. The facility grounds are very nice and they have a good breakfast buffet, if you're looking for a place to put your head and you don't run into any issues this place works. So that's it with the good, TV's are pre- 2000 era-no flat screens, the rooms are clean, but dated AND the beds are worn out (I was reminded of the "I Love Lucy" episode when Ethel had to tie Fred into the bed frame to keep him from falling into the hole in the center of the mattress).

The bottom line is I asked the front desk for assistance with changing our room, but to my surprise it is not in their best interest to change your room. I was told "Their always fully-booked" no available rooms, only to find out all available rooms are for new bookings only because they don't want to have to "re-sell your room". I was taken aback by the UNFRIENDLY STAFF and POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE in handling this request. Next time I'm staying at the "Desert Pearl Inn".

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dean C, General Manager at Best Western Zion Park Inn, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
First of all, please allow me to express my sincere apologies for the condition of one of the beds in your room during your stay. Although the beds are only 3 years old, I was surprised to read your comments on our in room comment cards. I immediately inspected the condition of the bed and sadly must agree with your evaluation. It was replaced upon my direction and I have filed an inquiry with the manufacturer of the beds for their research. As to the overall dated appearance of the room, please know that in December the hotel will begin closure for 3 months to completely renovate all 120 guest rooms. FYI, to include 37 inch Panasonic flat screen TV's. I believe you have received my response to your Best Western survey indicating your dissatisfaction with our hotel, which stated that I have authorized a credit of one nights stay ($147.21).

Second, I will however take exception to your statement regarding your request for a room change. When you approached the front office staff you requested a back side king view guest room. When you were told that there was no availability on that request you were given the choice of moving to another double queen room. In researching the room status, I can assure you that there was no availability for a king view room. Your verbal comment (as well as a written statement on our in house comment card) that our staff was "lying" is just not the case. Although you did not take the initial change offered in the morning, you did take a subsequent room change later that day. I do again apologize for the condition of the bed, but to say that the staff was "unfriendly and had poor customer service" surprises me as for the past 16 years as General Manager of this hotel we have strived to provide otherwise. In fact, our Tripadvisor comments have certainly indicated that we have shown to be a friendly and cooperative hotel.

Sorry to hear that upon your next trip to Zion National Park, you will be staying at the Pearl. It is also a very fine hotel establishment, like ours.
Salem, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed here one night while we were in Zion. The room was very nice and all surroundings were well taken care of. The only thing that was a little disappointing was that the building that we were in had no elevator. This was not a major concern for us but older folks or someone with a disability would be out of luck. It may have been better to inform us at the time of check-in what the situation was in the event we could not handled it.

Waikoloa, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Here is a lovely hotel in a great setting. The room was wonderful. The staff was great. The lobby was fine for sitting and reading. There is a free tram stop in front of the hotel. I understand the hotel will be closed for upgrading in early 2013. It was in very good shape while I was there so it should be better next year. A buffet breakfast was included with the room. It is in a restaurant close by. And who can beat Zion National Park? This is a gem of the national park system.

Room Tip: Get a room on the other side of the parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here on a recent road trip in the Southwest. The location is great - not only is it close to the park and the cute stores and restaurants in Springdale, the fact that I could look out from our second floor room and see those glorious rock formations was a treat. Our room faced the back. Nice, spacious room. Comfortable beds. Rustic looking lobby with a deck and rocking chairs to enjoy the evening and the view. Didn't use the pool, but it looked nice. A special treat was breakfast at the Switchback Restaurant, a quick walk across the parking lot. The buffet was delicious - the best breakfast we had on our 10-day trip. It was included in the cost of the room. The hotel staff was friendly, particularly the guys at the front desk. An added feature, which we didn't use, is the park shuttle that stops in front of the hotel. We were told that the visitor lots fill up early in the day, so it is a nice option to have. As it was, we were there mid-afternoon after the crowds had cleared out. We didn't have nearly enough time in Zion, so I can definitely say that I will be back. And when that happens, I will stay again at the Best Western Zion Park Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room to get the better views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Best Western Zion Park Inn? Share your experiences!