“Exquisite, beautiful creations WORTH WAITING FOR!!!!! :)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Springdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Hamburgers, Asian fusion, Southwestern, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A green approach to fine food with a casual atmoshpere and price. Featuring Southwestern, Asian, Burgers, and Vegetarian fare. Everything housemade and prepared fresh daily. Beer and Wine menu available. Enjoy the large covered patio seating and the spectacular surrounding views of Zion National Park.
Leonardtown, MD
“Exquisite, beautiful creations WORTH WAITING FOR!!!!! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

After a LONG day hiking and canyoneering with Tom Jones from Zion Adventure Company, he suggested the Whiptail Grill , stating that it had the best gourmet food in town! My friends and I walked across the street and sat down at one of the bistro tables, while enjoying the mountain vista. As the creaky fan offered a slight breeze, we perused the delightful menu, trying to figure out what we wanted to sink our teeth into.

Unbelievable guacamole with a perfect blend of spice and the freshest ingredients was our appetizer! It was by far the best guacamole I have ever had!!!! For our main meal we got prawn tacos and carne asada tacos. The flour tortillas were grilled to crispy perfection and the prawns were charred until they were tender with a smoky peppery flavor. The blend of pico de gallo, citrus, prawns and cabbage was delicious! We LITERALLY earned this meal after a hard day of rappelling and hiking! This meal was exquisite!!! I enjoyed every morsel with the utmost appreciation to the Chef!

To finish off our meal, I HAD to try the Creme Brulee after one of the customer's next to our table, bragged about how delicious this dessert was. It sounded like an odd combination, not what I would expect to go together. Layered with chocolate, peanut butter and habanera peppers, I knew I was in for a treat. My first spoonful started with a creamy, sweet chocolate, a hint of peanut butter than a tiny explosion of heat burst into my mouth. MMmmmm ... this creme brulee was soooooo worth taking a risk for. My friend and I shared this dessert until it was completely gone!

The Chef's unique, beautiful creations were WORTH WAITING FOR! I am in love with the food and the rugged atmosphere. It did take some time to get our food because the waitress was swamped with several tables but again we were on vacation, so it didn't matter. I will definitely be back to taste the most beautiful Chile Relleno I have ever witnessed -- truly a work of art!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Zurich, Switzerland
“Great food - long waiting time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

We went to this place because of all the good Tripadvisor ratings. The food (fish-tacos and beef-tacos) was great. Unfortunately, there were just two people working and so we had to wait very long for everything. The restaurant is located in an old gas station, which is kind of fun but it also looked a bit run down. Over all it was great and I would probably go there again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tallahassee, Florida
“The best place in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

[We were staying at Zion Natonal Park at the end of June, 2009]

We are staying at the Zion Lodge and were eager (desperate?) to get away from the Lodge for dinner. Saw this place on Yelp, and the Yelpers didn't let us down.

The place is as described: a former gas station. There are only three tables inside (where there is air conditioning), and a bunch more outside. Too hot for outside, so in we ate.

The food was fantastic! A real find. Started with chips and salsa and they were as you would expect. The had a goat cheese and corn Chile Relleno. Simply superb. I needed to spoon up the green tomatillo sauce that accompanied the dish.

All three of us had the fish tacos, and all three of us were smiling. These tacos had perfectly cooked pieces of tilapia in a flour tortilla with slaw and a really interesting grape salsa. The dish also came with a small green salad, and the chipotle dressing was an outstanding choice (the other being a roasted red pepper dressing).

The price was right, the food fresh, the service attentive, and the location perfect. What more can you ask for?

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
southern utah
“"BEST restaurant in southern utah"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

This is without a doubt my absolute favorite restaurant in southern utah. The staff is very personable and prompt, the atmosphere is beautiful and the music is great, and you get huge portions of the BEST FOOD within 300 miles. Would recommend to ANYONE who lives or who is visiting southern utah.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NJ
“Best Culinary Experience in Springdale”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

We hesitated going to Whiptail Grill, based on some of the mixed reviews on tripadvisor, and after walking past the restaurant (a converted gas station) and eating at several other restaurants we decided to give it a try. Once we went there for lunch, we returned for dinner, went for lunch the next day, etc.

We stayed in Springdale for a week, and we found the Whiptail Grill to be the culinary highlight of the town (by far). Although the atmosphere may not be perfect, we had no problems with service (as others have listed) and obviously found the food wonderful.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere