“Convenient and great breakfast!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Mission, South Dakota
“Convenient and great breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great location for visiting Zion National Park, the Springdale shuttle stops right in front of the hotel. The front desk was very helpful upon check-in with finding a place for us to park with our luggage trailer. The breakfast was delicious with many choices, both hot and cold. Just for informational purposes, the office does close at 10pm, so if you are expecting to arrive late be aware. Beautiful views of Zion National Park are all around. All in all a good experience.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Chantilly, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We spent two nights here in early July 2013 as we visited Zion National Park. First of all the room was large and well maintained. My wife and three sons (2 teenagers and 1 10 year old). The breakfast offering was standard for this type of hotel and the personnel were super friendly. The best part is the hotel is situated right next to some beautiful canyon walls and is within reasonable walking distance of the Zion National Park Visitor Center. Also there is a shuttle bus stop right in front of the hotel. We were not sure what to expect in terms of the hotel but it far exceeded our expectations and highly recommend.

Room Tip: Room was a suite with two queen size beds and a pull out bed/couch. We had a window view of the beau...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cheyenne, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

First of all, I must say that I was a little skeptical when I booked a room at the Quality Inn & Suites Montclair in Springdale, Utah just because of a FEW not so good write-ups. However, our stay was FABULOUS!! WE WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK!!! The rooms are clean! The staff is very friendly and helpful! The pool and hot tub are very relaxing and such spectacular views all around!! It's such a pity that people are so nasty on this website....because this is the absolute BEST hotel in this town!! I've stayed at a couple of the other hotels in this town and was not impressed at all!! To the owner/owners of this lovely hotel I hope you appreciate this gem and the employees who obviously love their job!

Room Tip: We stayed in the "C" bldg and the views are breathtaking but I believe you would get a goo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ZCCManagement, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites Montclair, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
I want to thank you for the comments.You really hit the nail on the head. I love the Montclair, it is the smallest of the properties that we own and operate in Springdale, which leads to some of the issues that have come up. Overall the property is maintained at very high standards, winning Choice Hotels "Gold Medal" the past 2 years.We provide fresh eggs, homemade pastry, and homemade waffles. I refuse to cut corners. The one place that we do cut is a 24 front desk, up until this season we have had no issues, this is common for the smaller properties in town, the cost would force us to raise rates, and we are all about value. We do have a 24 hour emergency number posted, and our sister hotel is open 24 hours for assistance.(La Quinta). Again, thank you for your comments, we are continually striving to do better.
Edison, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Nice and clean rooms, all amenities that you would find in any Quality Inns, helpful staff and quite place with hot pool – what else you need?

Free breakfast was great and the lady at the breakfast area was very welcoming to everyone. There is a shuttle stop right next to the entrance to the hotel. Some people may find it ‘away’ from the ‘core’ of Springdale town – but I don’t think so. Unless you want restaurants and shop right next to your room – and so the noise – this is good place to stay in Springdale. I would love to return here someday…

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Montrose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Checked ahead of time to make sure I had the same room for both nights 7/5 and 7/6. Because I split the booking on two credit cards. I was assured of the same room with jacuzzi in the room. When I got there about 5 hours after I called, they told me the jacuzzi did not work. OK fine, can I get something off the price of the room? Sorry, NO. Can you book me in a room that has a working jacuzzi? NO. Ok, give me the key cards and we'll settle it later, I was tired and so was my girlfriend. The coffee maker did not work as well as the refrigerator making a strange noise all night and yes the air conditioner was loud kicking on and off all night. Went out hiking the next day and we were very tired when we got back to our room at about 9pm. Knock knock at the door when I was in the shower. Put a towel on and I answered the door, yes I said to the house keeping lady. You have to call office she said. Why I said. She could not answer me because she did not speak good English. Ok, so I call the office. The man on duty tells me he has no record of me checking in today. I said that's because I have the room for two days and I checked in yesterday. Oh! He says I see here that's right. Sorry to bother you, Really!!!!! As I was checking out this morning and after the free breakfast, which by the way was the only good thing about this hotel and that's not saying much. I had to go back to check and see if we removed all of our things from the room. Well, both of the keys stopped working. Went to the office and the manager let me in to check, she was the only helpful person there. But, more time not spent driving home. Here's a tip. If you book a room, do not use one of the many services like Priceline. You can't get a receipt from the hotel and you can't get any satisfaction from the manager or anyone else with the hotel. They don't care! They already have the money from Priceline etc and don't need to be nice to you or try to straighten out the mess they caused! Overall this was a bad experience and I will not book this hotel and I use that term loosely in this case, ever again! I'm calling Priceline tomorrow and I better get some kind of refund, but I'm not holding my breath!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

As per several other reviews, the air conditioner was so loud that we couldn't sleep. Also, it the a/c was either all on or all off meaning you either freeze or bake. We were in a handicapped suite, and the bath bench didn't move (or we didn't know how to move it) and so the shower was quite small with it in!
When we asked questions of the front staff, they were unable to provide answers (such as regarding recommendations for places to eat).
Also, we were booked in to stay 2 nights and after the awful experience the first night, we tried to cancel our reservations for the second night, however were told we could not get our money back. We did book with expedia, however expedia says to contact the hotel to cancel a reservation. The hotel said they would not refund it.
I requested to speak with the general manager and was told she doesn't speak to anybody and that I could not even speak to the head office as they would not do anything.
There were bugs on the top of the bed spread.
The breakfast was mediocre at best.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, don't stay in building A.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
franklin, in
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

A very clean and well kept place. Nice laundry, pool, hot tub.
We always put out the "do not disturb" sign and use our towels a second day.
We have stayed in a lot of places and This is the 1st place that had left additional towels, wash clothes and soaps in a bag hanging on the door just in case we needed them.

That type of attention to detail is rare!!!!!!!

The shuttle stop is right out front. I can't say enough good things about the place.

Room Tip: This is a great place, maybe 30 rooms so you're not over crowded
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Montclair? Share your experiences!